Comment count no longer going up?

For comments about the UNoT website and its player guides.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This is not an urgent problem or anything but I've noticed in the last week that my comment count was going up VERY slowly even though I felt like I was commenting a fair bit. I thought I was just misunderstanding how often I had actually commented, but...

I checked today, and while a few of my comments DO get added to my total, two of them today did not, for sure. Is this a problem only for me or is everyone having this issue?

EDIT: Actually, I was at 1505 comments this morning, have made a few since then, PLUS this one...and my count is still at 1505, so this comment was not added, either. Weird, huh?
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

posts on the hm boards are the only ones that count. back fence, posting games, etc won't increase your total
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah yes, I did hear that about the Back Fence. But does that include the 'all other Harvest Moon' board? I had never thought of that since it's about HM, too, but maybe they don't count in that section either? Or the 'other games' board? I could post a comment there to check but I don't think making test comments would be good, lol.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i'm fairly certain the all other hm board counts, but i'm not sure about the non-farming games section. i assume so, but i could be wrong
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My comments there don't seem to have been counting (that's the only place I've been commenting lately, those two boards) so I'll try to make note specifically from now on which one to keep track. I know the two I made to the non-farming board today did not count for sure. If anyone knows for sure whether those boards are suppoesd to count or not, I'd like to know. It's not important but if for some reason my account is acting funny, I'd want to know. Thanks and sorry for the bother if this topic was needless nonsense.
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

http://fogu.com/hmforum/faq.php#f1r4

Your rank will automatically change as you post to the Harvest Moon sections of the forum. The Back Fence, Webpage Comments, Posting Games, and Other Games sections do not increase your post count and rank when you use them
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank you. :)

But...aww, I feel a little sorry for all the HM games in the other games section, now, lol...talk about them doesn't even count for anything.
WorMzy
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think you're putting a little too much value on the little number under your name. It's just a fun way of keeping track of how many posts you've made in certain sections, it has no bearing on how worthwhile your posts are. ;)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Honestly, I don't think I am. I'm bothered when I think something about my account is in error, that it's not working the way it should...especially if it's just me who is having the problem, meaning that there might be something wrong on my end that I am oblivious to, which is an uncomfortable feeling. (Well, it is if you're me.) The number means nothing to me as an indicator of value, but it does have one particular thing I've been waiting on for close to 2.5 years attached to it...I want to be able to change colours as soon as I can. I wanted to be able to change them from the beginning...it's not only the first thing I do in any game, but also in most aspects of real life: customize my surroundings to my liking.

Since you have to have 2000 comments made to qualify for that, if my comment counter were not working, that would delay my being able to do it, and it's a painfully lengthy goal as it is, since I'm not a maker of rapid-fire one-sentence comments, and I only comment when I have something I want to say, never just to drive up the number. (Though probably lots of people wish mine WERE shorter.) I don't believe I'm putting any undue value on the number for its own sake.