Who else thinks Witchie and Dessie should switch towns?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I feel like Witchie would fit in better at Westown and Dessie in Lulukolo. Their designs would work better in the other town and to a certain extent, their personalities. Dessie is laid back and Witchie is serious.

What do you guys think?
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

This is my thought too! Dessie's colors would go much better in Lulukolo
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Worshipping the HG seems to be the equivalent to typical Western religions (with early games even depicting crosses in their churches). Westown being Western themed, they fit the bill a bit better for HG-ism.

Witchie in Ludicolo could maybe be a reference to swamp witches, witch doctors, and voodoo. Ya know, that kind of more tropical oriented thing.
Spoiler:
Also people in Westown may try to burn the witch. :lol:
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

That does make sense. I don't think Witchie would take kindly to being burned.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Well... no, actually. For the reasons Getaris gave along with how I think they look right for the places. They're pretty much perfect where they are. The only thing I think seems weird is how Witchie and the Witch Princess got looped in with Godly characters. Like, as if they're the same type of thing as the goddesses, you know?
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Gotta agree with Robinstar on this one. I also disagree with the Witchie being serious bit. She seemed pretty playful and childlike to me, just in a different way then Dessie. The serious one of the bunch in my opinion, is Inari.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

She is the Spock to their Kirk (Dessie) and MCoy (Witchie)
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly witchie just strikes me as the odd one of the three deities. Much like what was mentioned earlier, I'm still kind of having a hard time seeing her as the same level as Dessie and Inari since, in the past games, WP was never equal with HG level in terms of power and whatever else. Close in some games and enough to bother the HG and cause issues, but not equivalent. I know they basically just did it so all three towns would have a deity of sorts and it doesn't really bother me all that much, but I just feel like witchie wouldn't really seem to 'fit' in right no matter what town you put her in. Might just be my opinion though
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To be fair, the game that introduced the witch princess made it very clear that she was equal to the goddess in terms of power; with the game literally starting with a scene showing the two clashing and bashing each other.

She's even able to turn her, a goddess, to stone and banish her completely to the shadow realm along with over a hundred other powerful beings all at the same time.

She's no mere magic human.

Witchie is said to be just as powerful.
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

As far as the actual in-game lore is concerned, I don't think Witchie is really a deity. The Lulukoko villagers treat her (or, to be more specific, witches in general,) as a deity, and Inari does refer to her as a guardian deity at least once, but Witchie is quick to deny that (granted she only denies the "guardian" part,) and she lists witches and deities as separate types of beings during one of her dialogues, so it seems she doesn't think of witches and gods as the same thing. I believe Lulukoko just worships witches because of an incident that happened in the past (I think it's elaborated upon in-game, but I can't remember, honestly,) and Inari (and, by extension Dessie, I think, again, can't remember,) calls her one just for the sake of convenience, like how they call her a guardian even though she isn't one.
In terms of how Witchie compares against Dessie and Inari in the power department, I would say Witchie is at least more powerful than Dessie, if only for the fact that she can usually use magic without messing it up.

Now on to the OP's question. Like Getaris point out, lore wise they make enough sense where they are. However, I admit that if someone showed me a picture of Dessie and Witchie and asked me to guess which town they belonged to, and all I had to go on was their designs and the designs of the villagers, I would put Dessie with Lulukoko and Witchie with Westown.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I was JUST thinking this the other day! I feel that esthetically they should be switched, but I guess they left Dessie in Westown since it is the most 'Traditional' Harvest Moon town and the Harvest Goddess has usually been in that town.

That being said I wish they had made a new character for Lulukoko. I feel like Witchie isn't a 'diety' really. Like maybe have a new diety for Lulukoko and Witchie could live in the crossroads and be neutral? She doesn't feel as powerful or substancial as Inari and Dessie. >.>