Certain Animals Won't Gain Hearts...

Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]. JP release = Feb 2012. NA release = Oct 2012. EU release = Sept 2013
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure how to pinpoint why this is happening. I have three animals who won't (or have stopped) gaining hearts, even though they're taken care of (talked to, brushed, fed, given treats, let outside, milked/clipped/etc.). They're my Jersey Cow, Silkie Chicken, and Llama, all of whom I got in year 2 (all my other animals were from year 1 and seem to be fine with gaining hearts). I read somewhere that sometimes Neil sells you a glitched animal that's stuck at 0 hearts, so I had sold my first Jersey Cow that had that problem and replaced it with my current one... but the same thing seems to be happening. Help, anyone? :shock:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sorry this late, I had a similar problem and been trying to fix it.
I think I spent almost two seasons tending for my animals + chickens that were stuck on the same hearts. What I did is I strictly been grazing all them with the animal statues placed outside to help boost hearts. As well, been giving the correct animal treats instead of the cheaper and generic treat you can get. It worked for some reason as my alpaca that was stuck on 2 hearts has now grown to 8 hearts.
I also noticed they get stressed very easily if food has not been placed on their bins before they start eating and have the stress animation show. I try to place food on their until it alerts me it's full before they eat as the food placed from previous day disappears. Hopefully this helps! ^^