How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So far since my last post, all I've done is finish 2 more Mass Effect 3 files and I'm doing another one before Kirby comes out. I want to finish all the Shepards and Ryders I made before I move on to something else. I'll save a canon run for another time. For romances, all I have left are Kaidan (working on now), Miranda, Cortez, Traynor, Suvi, Reyes, Liam, Gil, and Jaal in that order.

Afterwards, I'll probably go back to a Bokujou Monogatari game or finish one of the two physical 3DS games I have left, Bravely Second and Return to PoPoLoCrois. You know, once Kirby, Detective Pikachu and Ni No Kuni 2 are done.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have 3 games left! Planescape Torment, Yakuza 0 and Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Just started up Yakuza 0 today, but have a feeling I'm not going to be able to finish it before Ni no Kuni 2 comes out. Then I have Pillars of Eternity 2 on the 3rd of April, so I probably won't be able to officially clear everything out until probably May.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Then I have Pillars of Eternity 2 on the 3rd of April
Oh crud! I didn't know that was releasing so soon! Is that just the PC release or is it for all consoles? I'm waiting for the Switch version, and I need to beat the first game.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
Oh crud! I didn't know that was releasing so soon! Is that just the PC release or is it for all consoles? I'm waiting for the Switch version, and I need to beat the first game.
Just PC! I think the Switch version is slated for later this year, so you'll have time!

First game is great; hope you end up enjoying it whenever you play it!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:
Just PC! I think the Switch version is slated for later this year, so you'll have time!

First game is great; hope you end up enjoying it whenever you play it!
At some point. I thought I had more time, like it was coming early next year. Now I need to add it to my list of games to finish!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: At some point. I thought I had more time, like it was coming early next year. Now I need to add it to my list of games to finish!
On the plus side, at least you'll know the romance options in PoE2 by the time you get it! (There aren't any in PoE)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Ronin19 wrote: At some point. I thought I had more time, like it was coming early next year. Now I need to add it to my list of games to finish!
On the plus side, at least you'll know the romance options in PoE2 by the time you get it! (There aren't any in PoE)
WHAT. Romance in PoE2?! SOLD! :lol:
But really, I liked the premise of PoE, so I'm looking forward to its sequel.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: WHAT. Romance in PoE2?! SOLD! :lol:
But really, I liked the premise of PoE, so I'm looking forward to its sequel.
Haha yup! They have a really cool companion relationships system going on, and even some companions can get together with each other, become good friends or rivals, etc depending on dialogue and other choices.

Here's a good non-spoiler video on what they are aiming for with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIUqGbIUP6c

More info on their design philosophy: https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/171547 ... -companion

For PoE, I want to give you a few non-spoiler tips that I learned through my own playthrough:
Spoiler:
Don't bother reading characters that have gold portraits, those are kickstarter backer characters and their dialogue has zero to actually do with the game (same with gravestones). Luckily they don't have those in PoE2 lol

If you're completely lost in the beginning, that's normal. The lore and story is probably going to go right over your head, but further in you'll start to get a better feel for it

In the beginning, if you come across a bear in a cave and it royally kicks your « Mr.Gourmet's hat », don't get disheartened. Get to the town and get a full group and come back to it later

Don't be afraid to lower difficulty, there are some tough fights later on
and if you want to know who the returning companions are for PoE2 so you can adequately prepare in PoE1
Spoiler:
Eder, Aloth and Pallegina
Quest spoiler but I highly highly recommend reading this because I didn't do this in my own playthrough and now I'm sad because it's a super cool thing that shows up in PoE2 that I won't see
Spoiler:
Steal the baby Orlan in one of the late-game quests. When PoE2 comes around and time passes, she's an actual character and has dialogue and everything
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Quest spoiler but I highly highly recommend reading this because I didn't do this in my own playthrough and now I'm sad because it's a super cool thing that shows up in PoE2 that I won't see
Spoiler:
Steal the baby Orlan in one of the late-game quests. When PoE2 comes around and time passes, she's an actual character and has dialogue and everything
Regarding this, does this mean that choices are carried over?
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Quest spoiler but I highly highly recommend reading this because I didn't do this in my own playthrough and now I'm sad because it's a super cool thing that shows up in PoE2 that I won't see
Spoiler:
Regarding this, does this mean that choices are carried over?
Yup they are! Your character from the first game can be carried over to the 2nd one on PC.

But because you're going from (what I'm assuming) PC/PS4 > Switch, you can just use the really intricate story recreator for your character
Spoiler:
You're making me want to replay it, but I gotta finish my backlog ;_;
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, that's what I was worried about. Glad I can do that, and hopefully it's not too big of a game for the Switch to do; I've already used like 30GB of space on my 128GB.

You can always replay it after you finish your backlog. You know, in preparation for PoE2

Edit: 14GB. Well, that's not too bad. I am going to have to invest in another SD card eventually.
Edit 2: I finished my 7th run of Mass Effect 3 and I'm playing my 8th for the rest of today and moving on to Bravely Second temporarily tomorrow. Bravely Second is currently fighting Ba'als with the ships I have today so I can get some easy level ups. I'm glad I finally have all 8 codes for my Shepards!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Wayhaven Chronicles Book One - Third RO route.

My backlogs: (I think buying a PC is not a good move. XD)

DS/3DS
Suikoden Tiekresis
Avalon Code
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Layton Mystery Journey
Radiant Historia
Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem Fates:Revelation
Shin Megami Tensei IV Good and Evil Route
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked

PS3
All Tales games except Abyss
Persona 5

Vita
Dangan Ronpa V3
Amnesia Otome

Mobile (I think Interactive Fiction is considered as games right? XD)
Zombie Exodus
Choices of Rebels
Broadway 1849
Highland Deepwaters
Waywalkers University
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:Currently playing:

Wayhaven Chronicles Book One - Third RO route.

I'm so glad someone else is playing this!! I just marathoned it over the past few days and I absolutely loved it. Urban fantasy + romance + lengthy choose your own adventure style story book = wonderful. I've been wanting to try out a pure text adventure for awhile, and I've loved Sera's indie otomes before, so I'm glad to see this is so good.

Also really cool that people can read and make their own character with whatever gender and sexual orientation, so it can appeal to everyone!

Who's your favorite character? :D I'm so torn between Nate/Adam/Felix, they all are great, though Nate might be a very slight bit ahead of the others. Not a fan of Mason lol
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My backlog is mostly a backlog because I have trouble starting new games (learning new mechanics makes me crankier than it used to, sigh).

I did finally finish Persona 5 and loved the ending. Eventually I'll finish ME 2, BoTW (as in beat Ganon) and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

Just started Dragon Age Inquisition! It's my first game in Dragon Age and I picked it up because the characters were WAY more approachable than the start of DA Origins. Currently playing a Warrior Human lady and plan to run around with my merry band o'gays (Iron Bull, Sera, and Dorian) :lol:

Mario Odyssey and Pyre are also on my list to start and play through. I have more on Steam but it's steam so who knows when I'll get to them.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, PSN's sale this week added four more games to my back burner. I picked up the Jak and Daxter series. I'm almost done with the first game; I'm hoping I can beat and Platinum it before I grab Kirby on Friday.

I sold Bravely Second. I put it off for two years and when I got back into it, I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't find it as good as the first game; story was all over the place (I got to chapter 3) and the danger just didn't seem as important as the first one the way the characters acted. It's a shame since I loved the first game and I really wanted to like its sequel. I am feeling a bit if seller's remorse, but it may go away...eventually.

Also sold Return to PopoloCrois. I bought it, beat the first boss and just never picked it up again.

At least this clears up the backlog a bit; those two were my only physical 3DS games I didn't beat.

Edit: And I platinumed Jak and Daxter!