Tips for beginner?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Someonenotimportant
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anyone have some tips for me? I'm currently in Spring year 1. also how do I make my strength last in the mine? I just seem to have low strength and fatigue when i'm in the mine. :(
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

If it's in the dig site where Flora and Carter are pacing back and forth, you can save, find where the items are hidden, load the save and then go dig up just those squares. Selling those to Van can easily yield over 50% more than just shipping them. Then buy some Turbojolt (I think that was the one that restores fatigue), and possibly a few Bodigizer for when you miss that you've lost all your fatigue.

Though I also save the Yellow Grass I pick in Spring, and restore stamina with that, if I'm at 0 fatigue and only need a few points. At a pinch you could also dig around for Black Grass in the mines Carter have you open, and eat those to restore energy, but it's not something I would rely on. You will need a bunch of Turbojolts for venturing into those, especially the later ones.

One general tip for the early game is to consider where you want to build your other buildings. In the forums there are a few threads with some nice farm layouts if you want inspiration. Also, build the barns with stone if you don't want them to collapse and kill the animals inside. Buying the materials too is faster than trying to gather the materials yourself, and can allow you to get both chickens and cows in time for their respective festivals in Summer. Selling excavated items makes it relatively easy to raise the money for the buildings.

One good place to fish from is from inside the Blue Bar in the evenings, using the necklace and the map to reach water. No time passing, and drinks for recovery.
Someonenotimportant
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Where do I buy turbojolt and bodigizer?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

You'll find Van at the inn on any day that ends in a 3 or an 8. He sells Bodigizer (500 G) and Turbojolt (1000 G).