Ds: Cute vs More Friends of Mineral Town

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pumpkin Queen wrote:HM Cute is probably a safer bet at this point, considering MFoMT is an gba game with batteries that may be on the verge of giving out. And don't forget that there tend to be lots of pirated copies of gba games.
You're not going to get a pirated version if you buy from a reputable seller. That seems like a bad reason to resist getting a game, given there are still lots of normal copies out there. I've had friends get FoMT recently, and all of their copies are fine.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I meant to be careful about buying the game, not that they shouldn't buy the game at all. Yeah, there's still plenty of legit copies of the game, but pirated copies do exist. I'm not sure what you consider to be a "reputable seller", although I'd try to avoid buying from a seller based in Asia.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's nice that it's at least available to buy on the WiiU now. Or is that only FoMT?
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:It's nice that it's at least available to buy on the WiiU now. Or is that only FoMT?
MFOMT is also available on Wii U! I know this because I bought it on virtual console, and I'm falling in love with it all over again! The only thing it doesn't have is GameCube connectivity, which means no beach house or Van and Ruby stopping by.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Pumpkin Queen wrote:HM Cute is probably a safer bet at this point, considering MFoMT is an gba game with batteries that may be on the verge of giving out. And don't forget that there tend to be lots of pirated copies of gba games.
Batteries also aren't a problem with GBA games, by then the cartridges used flash memory to save data.

I didn't play either of the HMDS games personally (although I would like to!) but I really enjoyed FoMT, the characters and everything.