Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 26, 2020 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
KuroNeko77
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2020 10:14 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Actually both are true.

US are getting the game on the 25th, while Europe and Australia's release is scheduled for the 28th.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2020 3:07 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I know the dates are a few days different between regions, but nongo seemed confused about why you were saying Xseed hadn't confirmed anything, so I was just pointing out that at the exact time you'd posted, Xseed hadn't actually made their official announcement of the North American release date. They did that an hour or two later. :) Which meant that until that happened, the 'Feb 25th' that they put up to replace the 'Jan 21' date they'd had on the RF4S pages on retail sites was still just a placeholder.

Happily, now we're all official.

Kikki
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2020 12:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

XSEED has posted a localization blog about RF4S. If anybody likes reading those, you can see it here. :) It was written by Calros, as he is known on the Xseed forums, who also has been involved in all of the Bokumono localizations that Xseed has done, afaik, and if you're ever on the forums and have questions or bug reports to give on Rune Factory or Bokumono, Calros is almost definitely the person you'll end up talking to.

It goes quite in depth to answer the question 'why is this taking so long?' Apparently they heard that a lot, given that they themselves localized this game originally and 'just' have to add the new content, now. So they've gone out of their way to explain what the work entailed.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2020 2:26 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I preordered so I’m looking forward to that swimsuit dlc hurr :wink:
But as a future game developer wannabe, it’s amazing to read how much work goes into changing a game from one system to a new one. I knew it wasn’t easy but it’s amazing to read how much goes into it.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2020 5:59 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Staring at Leon's high def pecs makes me realize how awkward the "no nipples" look on half naked men in animoo/mangos really is. Free the nips! :U

Looking forward to the game tho! Hope the Newlywed content brings a lot to the table.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2020 8:18 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^ you know, I never really payed attention :lol:
I guess I’m used to it but it does look a little off now that you’ve pointed it out lol. Especially since the FeMC has those nipple tassels things on her normal outfit :/

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jan 25, 2020 11:35 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kross lover/fan wrote:
I guess I’m used to it but it does look a little off now that you’ve pointed it out lol. Especially since the FeMC has those nipple tassels things on her normal outfit :/

5 million years later and I'm STILL not over those goddamn nipple tassels.

Vell
Post Posted: Feb 08, 2020 1:51 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Blue Rose wrote:
Kross lover/fan wrote:

This. This right here is the exact reason I had Frey running around in her jammies :lol:

And in all honesty, will likely do again with the Switch version!

nongo
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2020 4:51 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Vell wrote:
Blue Rose wrote:
Kross lover/fan wrote:

This. This right here is the exact reason I had Frey running around in her jammies :lol:

And in all honesty, will likely do again with the Switch version!

Looking back at it now when RF4S was first announced, we should have stated a strong opinion to the developers to remove those. I mean, we still can. A possible future patch?

I mean it shouldn't too hard, right? I did this in 5 minutes:
Spoiler:

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2020 7:53 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I believe it comes out on the 26th so it’s possibly too late :/ I just don’t get why they were placed there in the first place.

I mean technically Forte has something similar but they’re higher up/more like buckles, thus less disturbing and it’s holding her cape in place. If the tassels on FeMC had a purpose then it’d be less disturbing/bothering imo.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 11:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So, we now have an RF4S video that has clips of all the bachelor voices. So you can judge for yourself if they're the same voices as before or not. I liked Leon's voice best, and I think it's still the same. The rest, I can't really tell, but Xseed did say that they got most of the VAs back. I saw some people saying Vishnal's voice is different, but I never particularly liked Vishnal's voice anyway so I never listened to it closely enough to be able to tell the difference.

If anyone does find a voice they loved is missing in English, we will now have access to the Japanese voices, as well, so hopefully that's a nice option if anyone finds something they don't like the sound of.

Here's one of the bachelorettes, too.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I personally can’t tell. But good voice acting XSEED.

Night Owl
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:50 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Ah! I was waiting for the voices. Man, I think they redid the voice direction for this game from the ground up. Makes sense though. The 3DS sound chip is quite different from the Switch hardware. We'll get cleaner sounding audio at least.

For the Bachelors: I think only Vishnal's voice actor changed. Everyone else sounds the same more or less, except I think DC Douglas went a bit of a different direction with Dylas. Which isn't a bad thing since he was so hard to hear in the 3DS version at times.

For the Bachelorettes: I think they're pretty much the same. This is where the different voice direction and higher audio quality comes into play a lot more though. It's also been like what? 7-ish years since the OG release? But still, I can't say with 100% certainty that we've got the same cast here. Sounds close enough to me though.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:57 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I believe I remember Xseed posting something about the voice actors finding it strange to go back to the project 7 years later, saying things like 'I sound so young!'. People's voices do age. Quite a bit, even. Up to about 30-32, when I answered the phone, telemarketers asked to speak to my 'mommy or daddy'. (NOT JOKING!) But somehow after that, that just stopped. Since then no one has ever again asked to speak to my parents...they assumed I was an adult, myself. I didn't even notice that my voice had changed at all and my family didn't, either, but it must have.

So maybe even if they get all the same people back, it can't really sound that close to the same, after this much time has passed? I don't know. I thought everyone sounded 'more or less' the same. Everything sounded slightly different, but I wasn't sure if that was because of improved audio, or what.

I'm really not very refined in my hearing when it comes to voice acting. I can't distinguish small differences, most of the time.

BTW, Xseed has also begun doing little character intros. They're small, but Vishnal's is up:

ryume
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 1:16 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I am not looking to rehash the controversy surrounding the original VA whatsoever, but I am guessing Vishnal was changed possibly because the original was Vic Mignogna. It's also possible he simply didn't want to revisit the role. And it's possible he's not different at all, because it sounds really similar to me lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next