Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 09, 2020 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
copernicusmaximus
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 5:15 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 490

Offline
I just wanna make sure to win the festivals in my first year since everyone says the festivals are all much harder year 2 and on. My silver wolf and green fairy decimated the buddy battle year 1. I also waited until after the big catch contest on Summer 15 to rescue Dylas :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
Ehppy
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 12:01 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 211

Offline
Quick question, did anyone else notice the text sometimes using "Dearest" in place of the MC's name? I first noticed during the spring harvest festival I believe. There's a line of dialogue when talking to Kiel that, in the 3DS version, you find out he named his vegetable whatever your character name is. Playing this on the switch, however, he apparently named his vegetable "Dearest." I thought maybe they changed it, don't know why they would have, but all the other dialogue regarding this event is the same, including Kiel saying something like "Let's go, Dearest. Oh, I mean the vegetable."

But then, I just got to my wedding in the game (Marrying Arthur), and the dialogue is saying "Arthur, do you love Dearest and pledge your companshionship" etc.
I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into that, or if it's just some weird hiccup with my particular copy, lol. It's funny, I suppose, though it's making this wedding scene a little odd. :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
Simply Unknown
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 1:11 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 10

Offline
Ehppy wrote:
Quick question, did anyone else notice the text sometimes using "Dearest" in place of the MC's name? I first noticed during the spring harvest festival I believe. There's a line of dialogue when talking to Kiel that, in the 3DS version, you find out he named his vegetable whatever your character name is. Playing this on the switch, however, he apparently named his vegetable "Dearest." I thought maybe they changed it, don't know why they would have, but all the other dialogue regarding this event is the same, including Kiel saying something like "Let's go, Dearest. Oh, I mean the vegetable."

But then, I just got to my wedding in the game (Marrying Arthur), and the dialogue is saying "Arthur, do you love Dearest and pledge your companshionship" etc.
I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into that, or if it's just some weird hiccup with my particular copy, lol. It's funny, I suppose, though it's making this wedding scene a little odd. :lol:


I haven't reached the marriage portion yet, but I did see the same thing about Dearest at the Spring Harvest Festival. I was like you and thought they had changed it for the Switch Release.
 
Reply with quote  
nongo
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2020 10:30 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 505

Offline
Guys! After playing this game for sooooooo many years, I finally triggered Leon's event(the event that allows you to marry him.) I remember triggering it once before but that was on my male save slot. :( But this time it's finally on my females'.

When people said triggering events on the switch version was changed to be easier than the 3ds', I wasn't sure if it was true or not. However, I quickly unlocked the 3rd arc two weeks after completing the 2nd. I thought it was just pure luck. Perhaps they made events trigger easier depending on who you woo.
 
Reply with quote  
Blue Rose
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 19, 2020 1:50 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4256

Offline
From what I heard, the 3rd arc is hard coded to trigger at a certain point after completing arc 2 (or has priority compared to the other events). Im Not sure about marriage events, but i think if you've seen all the pre-requisite events (which is RNG based) + other requirements i think the marriage event should now pop up for the next event assuming all the requirements are met.

Not as sure about the marriage events, but I remember seeing people say the 3rd arc trigger was specifically made easier to get for the switch version.
 
Reply with quote  
Ehppy
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 211

Offline
Simply Unknown wrote:
I haven't reached the marriage portion yet, but I did see the same thing about Dearest at the Spring Harvest Festival. I was like you and thought they had changed it for the Switch Release.



Huh! They must've grabbed the wrong tag for some dialogues. Makes more sense I guess than them changing that one piece of dialogue when there was no real problem with it before. o:
 
Reply with quote  
Simply Unknown
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2020 12:34 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 10

Offline
Welp, I completed Act 2. Now hopefully Act 3 will trigger soon because I want to have Venti at my wedding!
 
Reply with quote  
Blue Rose
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2020 1:31 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4256

Offline
Finally started dating folks. My main files will be Leon, Margaret, Dylas and Forte. Will watch the other characters events on youtube later.
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2020 11:42 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 2865

Offline
If you didn't grab it and want it, do it quick!

 
Reply with quote  
bitsy_bites5
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 58

Offline
Kikki wrote:
If you didn't grab it and want it, do it quick!



Aaand I was too late by a couple hours to get it for free.
 
Reply with quote  
Simply Unknown
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 10:44 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 10

Offline
Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.
 
Reply with quote  
nongo
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Mar 31, 2020 12:15 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 505

Offline
Simply Unknown wrote:
Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.

The seed dungeon is basically for early level grinding and like what you said, for searching through chests.
Once you're high leveled and have gotten the sword and shield seeds, there's really nothing left to do. I still keep it in case for the chests though.
 
Reply with quote  
rachellion
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Apr 06, 2020 4:32 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1564

Offline
nongo wrote:
Simply Unknown wrote:
Does anyone else forget how useful the Seed Dungeons are until they find them way later than they're supposed to? Because they aren't doing much for me levelwise, but I'm zipping through them to get chests full of items to sell which is really helping my wallet. I also found two late-game weapons, both with over 2000 attack power, so that is really useful for me.

The seed dungeon is basically for early level grinding and like what you said, for searching through chests.
Once you're high leveled and have gotten the sword and shield seeds, there's really nothing left to do. I still keep it in case for the chests though.

I completely forgot how to get seed dungeons and had to look it up. I'm now done with the second arc and man next playthrough I'm definitely jumping on that wagon earlier... would've made life a LOT easier, haha. I can't believe I forgot how useful they are - I remember LOVING that mechanic playing the original RF4.

Second arc is done! I'm now splitting my file in order to date each bachelorette. I've been testing out the trick listed on the forum to wait until the LP level is just about to change and confess right after it goes up. It does seem to work! I successfully confessed to Amber and Forte using that trick, when before I was just confessing randomly and it never seemed to work.

Has anyone done a harem in this game? I don't remember having issues with dating everyone in the original RF4, but since we have so many save files I'm not bothering with it this time. I am curious whether it's harder and I am just misremembering that...

I keep thinking oh I'll finish Eliza's requests and unlock NG+ and then look at the later requests and make a face like... ugh okay maybe not :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
CandyQueenFogu
  Post subject: Re: RF4S General Discussion
Post Posted: Apr 06, 2020 7:47 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 4

Offline
Dang, missed the DLC :( It's strange, though, (not bad strange, just different) to see Rune Factory advertising for DLC. I know Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns did it, and the Natsume releases of Harvest Moon, but I can't seem to recall any DLC for ANY Rune Factory game in the past (unless I'm misremembering RF4 for the 3DS?)
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group