Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Luchina wrote:I know it’s basically the same as RF4’s but I’m not really liking the UI; it looks too busy. Or maybe I’m just used to the promo videos not showing it.

That glimpse of the town looks more rustic than the other glimpses we’ve gotten. It looks kinda ugly and it reminds me a bit of ANB, which made me wonder for a bit if we were getting some town building/customization (I really doubt it). Looking at the art of the town, I think my issue is the ground texture has a lot of brown and it’s a bit low quality overall.

I keep going back and forth on how good the game looks, and I wish they would just give us a proper look.
It does look a little grainy, not sure if it’s just because we’re watching a video of a video basically. I know that it will be clearer on the switch. I think the ground was so brown because it’s Autumn in the video. They like to make the grass gold/brown in Autumn. Some previous shots we’ve seen, which seem to be in Spring, feature bright green grass.
Chicken nuggets
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ok that kind of sad we don't have the same « Chicken Hugging » marriage. I just have make boy and girl files an date and marry everyone lol.
We still don't have any news from Xseed about this game for usa release :? . It's coming out in Japan may 20th, maybe am being impatient I want it to come to usa so I can get my hands on it.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Chicken nuggets wrote:We still don't have any news from Xseed about this game for usa release :? . It's coming out in Japan may 20th, maybe am being impatient I want it to come to usa so I can get my hands on it.
Well, we still have a tentative 2021 release date. If anything, especially given how close the English release of Pioneers of Olive Town was, I'm gonna guess we may see Rune Factory 5 maybe in fall.
Luchina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Video showcasing bread for recipes, looks like the same 5 kinds as in RF4 so nothing new but the bakery seems to only sell recipe bread, which I guess makes sense since there’s also a restaurant.
MaiIsMe
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Nearly 5 minutes around Rigbarth with Chief Livia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwepJ6pjMpE
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Nice video! I like the look of the town a lot. It’s very Rune Factory :heart: I wonder what the place was where Beatrice was shown. Looks interesting!
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ok, I watched the video above and I'm a little concerned. Can Fuka...not speak the common language? Is that something we get to teach her during events, or will she still be speaking her native language during the wedding? I...am not sure how I feel about that. Is that translation that comes after her dialogue something we hear or is it just for the player? I just feel like this could end up going very badly.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really do not like the look of this cooking mechanic. I hate mini games that force you to try over and over if you're not naturally good at timing things. It looks a lot like the crafting mechanic in Fantasy Life, but faster, and the bar's target zone is so pale that it's hard to see:
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I really do not like the look of this cooking mechanic. I hate mini games that force you to try over and over if you're not naturally good at timing things. It looks a lot like the crafting mechanic in Fantasy Life, but faster, and the bar's target zone is so pale that it's hard to see:
Dang it does remind me a lot of Fantasy Life. Granted I really loved FL, but the mini-games were pretty easy, which really matters to me as I really suck at mini-games.

Hopefully as your skill increases the 'perfect' bar size increases so it's easier to make each item. That would be find with me as I know I would get it eventually.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I loved Fantasy Life, too, but I hate to see this mechanic here. It's also not quite the same in that it's even faster, poorly visible in that pale yellow (particularly when the camera moves so that the background it is over is light-coloured, like that white cape) and the target bar jumps to a new position every time you hit it. Really not liking the look of that...I hope they implemented that mechanic in some way that won't be bothersome.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

At least the yellow bar in general is somewhat large. It’s cute that they’re cooking together. Wonder what that’s about. And the music is already an earworm lol
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I don't really mind the timing mechanic, mostly because I'm decent at them and have gotten some practice in thanks to other games with similar features. Maybe mastering the recipe unlocks the option to auto-make it? That's usually a common thing with games like this.

But what I really like is that we'll be able to cook with other people. Maybe it'll be a way to boost affection? Either way, making a meal with a potential partner or a friend is always really cute to me so I'm happy to see it in RF5.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm not crazy about the cooking mechanic either, for the reasons Kikki mentions. Plus the fact that some days in FL I am great and other days I really suck at it.

But I'm still downloading the game as soon as possible. Please let it be soon!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I, uh...I don't know what's going on with this Tweet...it's like the monsters all mushed together for a photo op...but here it is anyway:
Etheus
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yup! That’s pretty much what it translates to.
“A gathering of Monsters from large to small. Everyone lined up? Ready, one, two-
We are waiting for all of you! ♪

(Is what you think you hear)”
Or something like that. A cute welcome from future friends.