Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

^ Are you talking about Rune Prana? Because holy « Cow Poopoo ». I thought I had a good handle on my skills until I got there. It brought me to actual tears...
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Looks like we get portraits for the kids' pjs and swimsuits. Found this for boy pjs: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3QRedfVEAY ... name=large
And this for girl swimsuit: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3P0XyCVkAE ... name=large
Don't know if there are color variants or not
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:
KonekoChan wrote:SNIP

i think the game is EASIER to get going, because you're not limited to 1 quest per day like you were in rf4 in the beginning, so you can blow through stuff pretty fast if that's what you're into. there is a LOT to do. i've logged 130+ hours and i still have a lot of stuff i can do (requests, the postgame dungeon, maxing out skills, upgrading all the shops, the villa you can buy). i never bothered with any of that in any of the other rune factory games, so i'm not sure if it's just more fun for some reason in this game, or if ive just become more interested in doing stuff like that in the 10 years between titles.

i will say straight up: the dungeons are lame. not any worse than rf4, but there's no real puzzles, and it's pretty much just run, beat all the monsters in an area, go forward, repeat. it doesn't bother me (i dont really like spending time in dungeons), but it's not no zelda, that's for sure.
Curious if you might know. The one real issue I had with RF4S that I had forgotten about after playing RF4 so long ago, was the grind. At one point, to finish the MQ there was so much grinding to improve skills, so you could make items, so you could take on the next dungeon to move the story forward. It was nearly painful to keep playing at that point, just to get to the end. Does RF5 hit a major wall like that continuing through the MQ story?
there isn't a HUGE difficulty spike like the 3rd arc of rune factory 4, but i have run into my fair share of frustration. right before the very end i think i actually spent like, 2 IRL days trying to figure out how to craft ANYTHING with 1 hit KO resistance because i just could NOT get past this one part thanks to those freakin' reapers. I was so mad.

also, huh. looks like the swimsuits and PJs vary on the kid. here's mine:
Spoiler:
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote: there isn't a HUGE difficulty spike like the 3rd arc of rune factory 4, but i have run into my fair share of frustration. right before the very end i think i actually spent like, 2 IRL days trying to figure out how to craft ANYTHING with 1 hit KO resistance because i just could NOT get past this one part thanks to those freakin' reapers. I was so mad.
Thanks for the replies. One other issue I was wondering if they fixed, getting the last scene to play out for the potential spouse you were wanting. Seems at times you would wait nearly a game year before it randomly would finally happen. Does the courtship still have that random 'waiting on the right scene' issue?
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote: Thanks for the replies. One other issue I was wondering if they fixed, getting the last scene to play out for the potential spouse you were wanting. Seems at times you would wait nearly a game year before it randomly would finally happen. Does the courtship still have that random 'waiting on the right scene' issue?
If you're talking about the proposal event, there's something similar to it in this but it's not random - the town events are all still picked from at random, but all of the "love events" are clearly marked on the map when they're available to view, so you know where you need to go and who they're for (the characters face shows up in a pink indicator).
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:
LeBurns wrote: Thanks for the replies. One other issue I was wondering if they fixed, getting the last scene to play out for the potential spouse you were wanting. Seems at times you would wait nearly a game year before it randomly would finally happen. Does the courtship still have that random 'waiting on the right scene' issue?
If you're talking about the proposal event, there's something similar to it in this but it's not random - the town events are all still picked from at random, but all of the "love events" are clearly marked on the map when they're available to view, so you know where you need to go and who they're for (the characters face shows up in a pink indicator).
Sweet. Now I just need to get the game for NA.

I thought about getting a regular Switch due to the fact that sometimes the Switch Lite I have made reading dialog almost impossible. I had to play FE3H while wearing reading glasses because the print was so small. But the issue now is my RF4S save is on my Lite, so if I did get a regular Switch I'd have to replay RF4S to get another save (since I have no idea how to transfer the save).

EDIT: I did some reading and apparently there is a way to transfer the saves. I assume this would still work for the bonus content. May have to look into this. Just need to see if I want to wait for the rumored Switch 2 or Pro.
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

the game checks for a save but like.... that's it. because my japanese rune factory 4 special save is just BARELY past the tutorial (i bought it when i lived in japan and didn't have a ton of time to play) and it didn't really matter so... even if for some reason you couldnt transfer the save, if all you were interested in was the costumes and having doug and margaret there, you could just play long enough to save the game and that's it.
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

NA release has been pushed to early 2022 according to XSeeD, bit of a bummer but I guess it gives them time to work out the bugs.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, I didn't see that. Oh well. I'm not really surprised, since we hadn't heard a word about it after Japanese release. I'm strangely flat-lined in gaming these days...nothing's getting me excited any more. I want this game, but somehow, I have no hype at all. I do know I'd much rather they take their time and give us a great game with as few bugs as possible to having it right away, though. I knew Xseed had a fairly full plate in terms of what games they're working on (though I believe two 2021 games of their still remain a mystery). I wonder if that means everyone gets a delay, or just North America. I'm betting it's everyone...probably the EU/PAL localization is based on or the same as Xseed's. (I'm guessing, though.)

EDIT: A bit more info! Xseed did push the game back, but they also say they'll be showing RF5 on...June 13th, Gematsu says.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, that's disappointing. Next year is already stacked for me so I was hoping they'd get it out this year. Ah well, it is what it is.
BrokenHearted
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Early 2022, I'm betting on February or March, unfortunately. I doubt it will release in January.

Anyway, I guess I'll be getting the korean version which releases in September. I have to brush up on my korean by then...
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Hope it's really "early 2022" like Jan or Feb 2022, but I highly doubt so. Hopefully we will get all the DLC + extra content (if there is any) when it is here in NA.

Well it is what it is :(
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I was hoping for this Fall, but I guess we’ll be waiting a bit longer. Hopefully any bugs will be worked out and it will be smooth sailing when we get it. It gives my excitement a chance to build, as well.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Future Games Show gave us a sneak peek of a couple of character's voices! I'm not that great at guessing VA's, but maybe someone else has an idea. I think they all sound pretty good so far!

Also, looks like they're changing Lyka's name to Ryker. I don't love it, but I don't really dislike it, either, I guess?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1676243785907994&id=157913837741004

Rune factory 5 sales so far.