Mikoto in RFO (spoiler alert)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
MagicShootingStar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^Exactly! D:

I mean, at least with MM, they didn't promise anything. :C
But, this seems like it could be very sexist. Kinda like saying women should stay in the kitchen and whatnot. :S

Also, very dissapointing. :( :( :(
Maylili
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
The haircut's mandatory to marry Mikoto, as far as I know.

Her events/confession are on NicoNico if you happen to have an account there...You get the event after having 7(?) hearts with her--I think like each person in town (including non-marryable villagers) have different events as you grow in friendship with them, it's just the girls and guys have a few more. Mikoto's 7-heart event is her cutting her hair.

she's tired of the sort of male identity she gets after befriending/falling for Azel. She wants to change herself so she can accept herself and yadda yadda yadda, so she cuts her hair and gives Azel the true spelling/meaning of her name which is just a more feminine spelling of it, basically.
MagicShootingStar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
So, does that mean her overall personaltiy becomes really femine? Or does she just become a little more femine?
I guess I can understand some aspects of this. If it was all an act and she didn't want to be that way in the first place, then I can see why she'd change.

But, still, that's a really dumb thing for Marvelous to do, unless I'm missing some really big pieces. :l
I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.. :C
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
From what I've heard I don't think she changes all that much. I haven't seen too many events after her confession, so I can't say for sure, but if I do find something after that on YouTube I could post it here or something.
Maylili
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

^...oh, bleh, forgot to re-log in. That last post was mine. X_x
MagicShootingStar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haha, it's okay. I don't really want to know all the details, right now. I just want to know if she acts really different. :S

Thank you, by the way~
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Then I refuse to marry her then, if she does that. I like her just the way she is, long hair and all, and she should too.
Spoiler:
And I wonder how the translators will handle her giving you the true spelling/meaning of her name? they might just like, 'Oh, Mikoto/(dubnameofDOOM) really means *girlystereotypethinglikeflower* where I come from' or something.
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

... with this, i probably won't marry her either. i like how she is right now.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like her better this way too. But I will definitely still woo her. I want to see how it actually plays out and what happens with the
Spoiler:
name change thing in the English version.
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^ true. i do want to see how it will be done here.
MagicShootingStar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I'll woo her just to see if it is at least a little acceptable. :C
Or to see how enraged I should be. D:<
And I never get enraged. Dx
SimpleLastWishes
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I also wonder if they'll keep her name Mikoto or not in the English translation.
Spoiler:
They'll probably skip the whole feminine-spelling-of-the-name thing. The meaning, they might keep that otherwise nothing would make sense.
gentlegirlfarmer1228
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Maylili wrote:
Spoiler:
The haircut's mandatory to marry Mikoto, as far as I know.

Her events/confession are on NicoNico if you happen to have an account there...You get the event after having 7(?) hearts with her--I think like each person in town (including non-marryable villagers) have different events as you grow in friendship with them, it's just the girls and guys have a few more. Mikoto's 7-heart event is her cutting her hair.

she's tired of the sort of male identity she gets after befriending/falling for Azel. She wants to change herself so she can accept herself and yadda yadda yadda, so she cuts her hair and gives Azel the true spelling/meaning of her name which is just a more feminine spelling of it, basically.
As much as how I think how sweet her act is... I don't want her to change. :D
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I dont get what the big deal on Mikoto's hair is.

From what I've seen, it seems just chill of her to just admitting who she really is. Cutting her hair isn't blalant symbolism but it sort of tells us that she's willing to start anew.
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Then I'd just feel betrayed by Mikoto and still wouldn't marry her since she pulled me along all that time with her appealing tough girl routine, when it was all just a lie. If who she really is is just another girly girl, then I'll be sad and disappointed since what I fell in love with was merely a facade.
Dude, I sound like a gay who fell in love with a crossdresser only to find out that the other guy really isn't gay...(sorry if that offended anyone)