* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 26, 2022 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

MagicShootingStar
Post Posted: May 12, 2011 3:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Actually, cutting your hair like that, is a symbol for wanting to change, in Japan. :S

My biggest problem was pretty mush what Snease said. It yanked you into to believeing she was someone completely different than what it seems like she'll be in this game.
Marvelous made it seem like we'll have this tough swordswoman, who every now and then has a soft spot for cute things, but ultimately, was still strong willed and willing to do a "man's job".
But
Spoiler:
Apparently, she's really any other girly girl? :'C

gentlegirlfarmer1228
Post Posted: May 12, 2011 10:28 pm 
Disabled: By request

MagicShootingStar wrote:
Actually, cutting your hair like that, is a symbol for wanting to change, in Japan. :S

My biggest problem was pretty mush what Snease said. It yanked you into to believeing she was someone completely different than what it seems like she'll be in this game.
Marvelous made it seem like we'll have this tough swordswoman, who every now and then has a soft spot for cute things, but ultimately, was still strong willed and willing to do a "man's job".
But
Spoiler:
Apparently, she's really any other girly girl? :'C

Yes, I read A LOT of Shoujo mangas in which when a girl breaks up with a guy, she cuts her hair so she can move on....that was too melodramatic for me.

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: May 13, 2011 12:06 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I dont think Mikoto's trying to submit to being "girly girl", from what I've seen in her love events / wedding videos. Even in married life she still keeps her calm/cool/tough girl act. Just softer.

It's more like Mikoto's submitting to "Being fine with whoever she is, no matter what." MMV isn't trying to say "You must be girly to marry somebody."

It's more like Mikoto wanted to be okay with whatever she would turn out to be. Mikoto wished to be happy/okay with being either a tough samurai or a calm samurai. It seems more like the moral of accepting yourself no matter what you do or what you are, than forcing something on yourself.

I dont know where you guys got the idea she instantly become "hyper girly girl" cause from what I've seen, she's still nowhere close. Even after Azel is married to her. She's just...chill/calm as always.

MagicShootingStar
Post Posted: May 13, 2011 3:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well, I suppose it's good she is still calm, but I never said that being a girly girl meant being hyper and I never expected her to be a such.

If that's the moral, I'm happy with it, because I love that moral to death.

My complaint is that she might have been a girly girl all along, but she acted like a tough guy girl. The way Marvelous wrote Mikoto, makes it a complete yank on the chain for me.
If she had seemed like a girly girl from the beginning, I wouldn't be upset like I am now.

Of course, I understand that there's nothing wrong with her being girly, but I don't understand why she'd have to act like a guy in the first place.
An easier and more believeable thing to write, would've been a tomboy, forced to act and pretend to be girl, as that seems more expected for girls.

Again, it might be different in the game, then it actually sounds, so I'll still give her a try when I actually play it.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this. :L