Rune Factory 4 Announced??

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Mentioned here: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=162001
So apparently RF4 was shown in Famitsu? Does anyone have any information for this?
runefactoryfan
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/28/ru ... ed-dating/

I don't know how real that is, but, as far as I know, that site is usually pretty good.
Blue
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Male and Female leads? Well girls are going to be dancing in joy all night long with that info. And I guess it's safe to say with what RF3 told us about the dragons, the last boss of RF4 will be the final dragon who has the wind element =) woo! Can't wait to see the graphics in this..
runefactoryfan
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

It states a male protagonist and a female lead (not protagonist), which sounds the same as the others. Raguna-Mist, Kyle-Mana, Micah-Shara. I wouldn't write off the possibility that they could mean to have both playable, but I also wouldn't get your hopes up. Why wouldn't both be described as protagonists then?
Beckster
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Woah, if this is true, I will be so happy. Even if I can't play as a girl, I'd be perfectly fine playing as a boy. :3 Can't wait for more info to be released! Since this won't come out for a long time in North America, I'll definately have a 3DS by then. >w<
Mana~
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Beckster wrote:Woah, if this is true, I will be so happy. Even if I can't play as a girl, I'd be perfectly fine playing as a boy. :3 Can't wait for more info to be released! Since this won't come out for a long time in North America, I'll definately have a 3DS by then. >w<
MTE.

I read the news and I literally squealed and spammed my twitter from excitement lol
Even if we only get to play as a boy, I'm fine as long as he's good-looking. The "With Rune Factory 4, Neverland is powering up the love component and adding heartwarming situations for couples." made me happy enough. I always like bachelorettes way better than bachelors anyways haha

It's sad that here goes the last dragon. I hope more RF games keep being made. Please ;_;
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm excited to hear about this, but I don't want to buy a 3DS. I get motion sickness really easily. I'm hoping for a playable female lead or that they might make it for the old DS or something.
Blue
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mana~ wrote:
Beckster wrote:couples.[/i]" made me happy enough. I always like bachelorettes way better than bachelors anyways haha

It's sad that here goes the last dragon. I hope more RF games keep being made. Please ;_;
The fact that we got Frontier and Oceans probably means we will get more RF regardless of no more dragon gods =) RF5 will probably bring a whole new new+ story to the plate if anything.
sircrisaliss
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

i really hope this is real!
im super excited right now
i loved rf3 and they can only get better!
it would be nice to play as a girl i guess but i think its better playing as a buy because it seems they put way more effort into making the girls look cute then they do for the boy characters in these games....
Kasai
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Great, now I'll probably have a reason to buy a 3DS.

Oh well. Can't wait to hear more news on this.
sircrisaliss
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

i bet the 3ds will be on its next release by the time this cones to the states....
like the 3ds light
or the 3ds xl
haha
i have a 3ds but i dont have any 3ds games because none that are worth buying have come out yet
i finally dont feel like i wasted my money now
CherryRose
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

When I read the first post, I was pretty skeptical. They just came out with RFO, and usually I'd expect them to announce an HM next, plus the site didn't mention much detail. But when I saw the Siliconera link...I could hardly contain my excitement. Siliconera's always been a reliable site to me, so of course I just about jumped when I read about the romance and there being a female lead. This is so amazing~ :lala:

Reading about the "heart-warming situations" between couples made me squeel, considering how much of a romantic I am. <3 But at the possibility of being able to play as a girl or boy for the last of this series of RF, made me want to jump up and down~ :heart: I could really see them going all out with this one since it's the last with the four dragons (though hopefully not the end of RF), but I didn't think there'd be a good chance of including the female option again. Just think, with the focus they're putting on romance, the girls would probably get a more even choice of bachelors this time around~ Oh, I'm just so excited! *tries to calm down* You know, I don't think I was this excited when RFO was announced, for some reason. I guess because they already gave the girl option a trial run, and so now it would probably be much more improved. ^^ Sure RF shouldn't focus too much on romance, but if this really is a more romantic game and you can play as a girl, Neverland is going to rake in a lot of dough on this one. ;)
runefactoryfan wrote:It states a male protagonist and a female lead (not protagonist), which sounds the same as the others. Raguna-Mist, Kyle-Mana, Micah-Shara. I wouldn't write off the possibility that they could mean to have both playable, but I also wouldn't get your hopes up. Why wouldn't both be described as protagonists then?
...*hopes killed*

Okay, not really, there is some hope. But still. I didn't even think of it that way. D: M-maybe they just didn't want to sound repetitive so they worded it differently? *overly hopeful puppy dog eyes*

...Well, even if it's not an option, I'll get over it. This game is bound to be amazing, even if I end up playing as a guy again. :D They've always done a great job with relationship dynamics, so I'm excited to see them take that up a notch~

As for it being on the 3DS, I guess I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm sure there's a good chance I would've ended up buying it anyway. A lot of other game series are headed that way, and now I have a good excuse to get Nintendogs + Cats. :)
HMfarmergirl19
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I literally wanted to squeal when I read this! :D If this is true, it sounds awesome, especially the enhanced love component part! Now this is another game that's making me want to get a 3DS lol(not anytime soon though, I'm still satisfied with my DS Lite)

According to Siliconera though, it stated that it's supposed to be released in Japan later this year. So if that's the case, I say it'll be here in about a year to two years tops from when it's released there(geez I hope that made some sense XD)
SilverFire
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

must. not. scream. must. not. scream. MUST. NOT. SCREAM!!!!!!!

brb

*climbs a mountian* *SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
Sneaselfish
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

*closes eyes and crosses fingers*
Please let play as a girl. Please let there be hot guys. Please let some of them not be human again. Please don't let the hottest nonhuman male be 12-year-old(or younger) jailbait. And please, if we have to play as guys again, let it be a hot guy.XD
*crosses fingers*