RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

^Unfortunately I can't see 3d. ; n;
But, I'm used to seeing 2d backgrounds since the other handheld RF games, so it's not
really a problem.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if RF4 will have more voice dialogue then the previous titles? I know a lot of people complain about the voice actors when RF games get localized. But I would still like to see a fully voiced RF game.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:I wonder if RF4 will have more voice dialogue then the previous titles? I know a lot of people complain about the voice actors when RF games get localized. But I would still like to see a fully voiced RF game.
Well, RF3 was a step up from RF2. It had more voice acting than the last DS game, especially for the MC. So perhaps RF4 could add voiced events during the zoom in scenes.
Silverwolffangfury
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:
Osuchin wrote:I wonder if RF4 will have more voice dialogue then the previous titles? I know a lot of people complain about the voice actors when RF games get localized. But I would still like to see a fully voiced RF game.
Well, RF3 was a step up from RF2. It had more voice acting than the last DS game, especially for the MC. So perhaps RF4 could add voiced events during the zoom in scenes.
THAT would be awesome! There's a need for more voice acting in RF games. It makes playing the game a lot more fun when there're voices :lala:
Sprinkles&Cupcakes
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think the game will never be 100% fully voiced since it will take a lot of time to record all the names that you can give the MC. Unless they make an exception for the MC's name. Tough, I would still like it to see everything voiced. c:
gentlegirlfarmer1228
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Sprinkles&Cupcakes wrote:I think the game will never be 100% fully voiced since it will take a lot of time to record all the names that you can give the MC. Unless they make an exception for the MC's name. Tough, I would still like it to see everything voiced. c:

For me, it's the other way around. IMO, if the game is fully voiced, your POV of the tone of their dialogue will be changed with the way they pronounced it. A simple Hello, how is your day? Or I love you will be fine with me. :) Still, efforts on fully voiced characters and events are very much appreciated. <3
OverChasm
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

There is a typo on the front page. It says that Margaret is voiced by Yuuki Aiko, when, according to Andriasang, she is voiced by Yuuki Aoi, who voiced Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Victorique from Gosick~

You can hear her here: ??? ???

You can also see all of the roles she has played here: ???
dino-rawr75
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Sprinkles&Cupcakes wrote:I think the game will never be 100% fully voiced since it will take a lot of time to record all the names that you can give the MC. Unless they make an exception for the MC's name. Tough, I would still like it to see everything voiced. c:
I love your siggy and avi, Karina was my favoriteee. <3
soluna
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sorry, guess I misread somewhere. Thanks! Changing it.

Since I'm here, sorry I've been doing jack « Cow Poopoo ». All my attention is now on Atlus's P4-related teaser site, Atelier Totori, DRRR and Disgaea 4. I'll be adding fanart when new info is released. (Maybe.)
Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Fully voiced doesn't exactly entail the MC's name being said. To my knowledge, Devil Survivor Overclocked is fully voiced, but you pick the MC's name. Same has been done with some Persona games. Even though the MCs have "canon" names the game always addresses them as "you" "they" "he" "she" etc. The only games I've played where you pick a name and the game actually says it is Tokimeki Memorial and Barbie Mystery games. Even then the options of which name you can pick is limited to a certain extent.
MagicShootingStar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

gentlegirlfarmer1228 wrote:

For me, it's the other way around. IMO, if the game is fully voiced, your POV of the tone of their dialogue will be changed with the way they pronounced it. A simple Hello, how is your day? Or I love you will be fine with me. :) Still, efforts on fully voiced characters and events are very much appreciated. <3
I agree with you, Violin. C:

And sometimes it's fun to flip through what they're saying, just to hear those special voice lines that you thought were humorous or cute. xD
And, hearing the sound affects, while just reading makes it feel like a mime or something, andI'mnotexplainingthisverywell. :eek:
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Aggghhhhh!
The official site still has that annoying 'Coming Soon' text on it, and it still doesn't have any game info yet. It's been two months.

The game was slated for release in Japan near the end of the year. So why doesn't the site have any info yet?
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote:Aggghhhhh!
The official site still has that annoying 'Coming Soon' text on it, and it still doesn't have any game info yet. It's been two months.

The game was slated for release in Japan near the end of the year. So why doesn't the site have any info yet?
When RF3 was announced two yrs ago, it was already way late into development.
This year, RF4 was only at 50% development, hence why it's shaping to get a November-December release as opposed to the Fall release that RF3 got.

I understand, the waiting is anxious, I feel the same too but for sure, we'll probably see updates for real in September. And we dont have enough info for the site to open. So maybe once two more marriage candidates are introduced w/ new info revealed they'll open the site.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was thinking that september might be the last month for really slow updates and from then on they'll be more frequent, just because the game is supposed to come out this year. I would rather have less updates with more info than more updates with less info.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't give you the option to change the MC's name just so it could be fully voiced or just have everyone refer to you as 'you' all the time...
EphemeralClemency
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Still no updates. I know the game isn't coming out in US for a long time, but I'd still like to see some of the new characters. :(