Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What do you think?
For variety's sake, I agree.
I think people are overreacting.
I'm content with the candidates HM/RF offer.
I don't really care. "Best" is subjective.
You may select 1 option

View results
PeachyKeen
Post Posted: Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Nope, I've always been pretty content with all the marriage candidates to be honest

Poppyseed
Post Posted: Jun 03, 2013 2:25 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

I always thought the best ladies/men are the wooable ones~ Then again, people always seem to find something to complain about...

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2013 11:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Poppyseed wrote:
I always thought the best ladies/men are the wooable ones~ Then again, people always seem to find something to complain about...

The thing is, people use the Christmas Cake logic when it comes to stuff like the marriageable candidates. It's a joke in Japan that women over 24 are unwanted, similarly to how people don't want to eat Christmas Cake in Japan anymore after the 24th. Hence, a number of western fans complaining that RF doesn't have enough mature looking candidates or whatever.

It's pretty dumb to complain about this considering Hashimoto himself openly admitted that it's nothing more than a running joke. Nothing else. No Christmas Cake meaning or whatever.

(it hasn't completely been 10 days since the topic was active and I made it 15 hours before the deadline so...)

sadeofraine
Post Posted: Jun 19, 2013 8:05 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Nah, I'm usually pretty happy with what I get (true, I thought Shino could possibly make a better candidate than Sakuya, but then I remembered that as fun as that game was, the characters didn't have all that much depth anyway so what does it matter?)

My only two things are:

1) If they can make one or two of the bachelorettes look a couple years behind puberty (I'm looking at you, Collette and Amber) then they should be able to make one that looks like a grown woman. Variety, people!

2) Never, ever, ever pull a ToD again. The ridiculous number of female candidates and only a handful of male candidates and unmarriageable villagers made it feel like a harem parody. Especially if you found the characterization lacking.

But I digress. I'm not gonna spend my time complaining. I still enjoy the games and like some of the candidates we already have, so I'm cool. And yeah, I think the running joke is kinda nice and would be kinda weird if it stopped. Unfortunately, there's a lot of people that feel entitled and that games/shows/whatever should cater to their tastes. The Rune Factory series is a good one, and I'd rather play it than complain that everything with boobs isn't marriageable.

/Although I certainly wouldn't complain if they had made Porcoline marriagable. It would have been interesting as he doesn't seem to 'fit' any 'type'. Also, as Brosey said, he's oddly...pretty. Stupid Sexy Porcoline.

cupcakeninja63
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2013 1:29 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I think it would be good for there to be older bachelor/ettes. Like Soseki in ANB. I don't care for him for myself, but other people like him. But younger is a nono. Pedos would marry Candy and Minerva and Marco. They're all adorable, but that's just creepy. Older, yes. Younger, no.

runefactor
Post Posted: Jun 21, 2013 1:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I didn't know wanting to marry Minerva made me a pedo.

Hysuka
Post Posted: Jun 22, 2013 8:07 am 
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

I didn't usually have a problem with this in the Rune Factory games.. That was until...
Spoiler:

she appeared. Talk about RAGE! She was cute! She was sassy! She was funny! I would have traded Tabatha for Minerva in a heart beat! :x

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 5:08 am 
Anonymous Fish

Hysuka wrote:
I didn't usually have a problem with this in the Rune Factory games.. That was until...
Spoiler:
http://www.crimsontear.com/runefactory/Characters/Minerva-pic.jpg

she appeared. Talk about RAGE! She was cute! She was sassy! She was funny! I would have traded Tabatha for Minerva in a heart beat! :x

I love Minerva, too! I'm actually very disappointed to know that they cancelled the idea of bringing her back as a marriage candidate in RF4 :(

cupcakeninja63
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

runefactor wrote:

Haven't met her in the game yet. I don't know how old she actually is. Plus it depends on how old you are, too.

Googaboga
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 11:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Minerva is a full grown adult. No matter how old you are wanting to marry her does not make you a pedophile. Pedophilia only applies to adults who want minors. But since Minerva is a grown up Rune's age does not matter since either way she is not a minor.

Of course I understand that you do not know this character very well and I am not trying to make you feel bad for not knowing this. I'm just explaining it so you can know now.

I like Minerva a lot too. But I never really cared that much that she wasn't an option. I'm happy with the girls in RFF and the girls in RF4. It would have been cool to at least see her again though. Well maybe next time.

Last edited by Googaboga on Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

cupcakeninja63
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Googaboga wrote:
Minerva is a full grown adult. No matter how old you are wanting to marry her does not make you a pedophile. Pedophilia only applies to adults who want minors. But since Minerva is a grown up Rune's age does not matter since either way she is not a minor.

Of course I understand that you do not know this character very well and I am not trying to make you feel bad for not knowing this. I'm just explaining it so you can know now.

Like I said. I didn't know how old she is. She looks like a teenager. I haven't met her in game yet. Sue me.

Googaboga
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Googaboga wrote:

Did you even bother to read that part of my post :?? I made it perfectly clear that I knew you didn't know and I was telling you this so you could know. There is no reason to get annoyed at someone for telling you something that you admitted to not knowing.

cupcakeninja63
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 11:24 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Googaboga wrote:
Googaboga wrote:

Did you even bother to read that part of my post :?? I made it perfectly clear that I knew you didn't know and I was telling you this so you could know. There is no reason to get annoyed at someone for telling you something that you admitted to not knowing.

..............Sorry. I get short tempered sometimes. I was mad-ish and forgot to finish reading.

Googaboga
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 11:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh okay. I figured correcting someone just to correct people is rude which is why I made sure explain I wasn't trying to be demeaning. I just wanted to let you know so it made sense to you why people wanted to marry Minerva.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

cupcakeninja63 wrote:
runefactor wrote:

Haven't met her in the game yet. I don't know how old she actually is. Plus it depends on how old you are, too.

Um, no. Having a personal preference for young looking guys/girls in a fictional form like a video game does NOT equal pedophilia or make someone a "pedo". Don't make huge assumptions like that.. that's absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. If people start this « Puppy Doodoo » up again I'm going to start reporting posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next