"The best ladies/men are never wooable." Do you agree?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

What do you think?

You may select 1 option

View results

Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

"Can't have" "The best ladies/villagers are never marriageable" "we never get the older women" ect, ect, ect

Most of you have heard this in many place around the net within various RF fan communities most likely. It's also a common complaint within the Harvest Moon fandom but on fewer occasions.

There are people who prefer the older ladies in town because they feel genuinely creeped out about dating characters that look young or some other justification. Either way, it is a common inside joke or an actually serious complaint against the series, depending on how you look at it.

What do you guys think? Should they have more single older women or men (ie Alicia, Father Gerard, Illuminata, Evelyn) as marriagable candidates for the sake of variety?

Or are these grievances more over analysis on a biased side of the argument?

Personally, people take the issue a bit too seriously and debates just turn into complete hyperbole and total overreaction.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think if they were available, people wouldn't care about them as much or even be interested in marrying them. It's because they're unobtainable that people outrage

When people get RF4 and actually have a chance to meet the characters, I think there will be fewer complaints about Illuminata or Lin Fa because they're boring.

I wish I could marry Porco though
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think some of the people you can't marry have beautiful designs and sometimes have interesting personalities so I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to marry them but I am personally satisfied with the options I get.
LeeC2013
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

as far as thats concerned, I think its fine the way it is. I would, however, like less single people like that. I wish there were more married couples, like jones and nancy for example. they are adorable! And its kindof weird how nobody in rf3 has a dad except collette and rusk.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There were a few that I wish I could marry. I'd marry Tanya (or whatever Roy's mom was called), Ganesha, and to an extent Evelyn (although she ended up kind of pissing me off, so idk. But I do think it's a bit silly she isn't marriagable, although I can see why). I kind of like Hazel from RF3, but she didn't have much going other then "GRIPEGRIPEMYLAZYDAUGHTERGRIPEGRIPE." So, idk.

Doubt I'll be into Illy, cause MONOCLE and she doesn't sound that great, from what I heard. Lin Fa is pretty, but idk. Porco I'd be interested in marrying, just cause he sounds great and for some reason, find him really really...pretty?
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think if they were available, people wouldn't care about them as much or even be interested in marrying them. It's because they're unobtainable that people outrage

When people get RF4 and actually have a chance to meet the characters, I think there will be fewer complaints about Illuminata or Lin Fa because they're boring.
Yeah. I think it's all subjective reaction. For example, if Forte was the unmarriageable single tease and if Illuminata was a candidate, people would complain either way.

Lily from ToD looked older than most of the candidates but people still turn their attention to Jocelyn. Yeah, it does seem subjective.

I don't think it's personality that bothers people. In some cases, people liked Shino because a lot of people found Sakuya bratty and boring. However, other cases, some people just feel creeped out that half the bachelorettes look young.

I agree with everything you said though.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

People gave a « Cow Poopoo » about Jocelyn??? I mean, she was barely involved in the game...
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:I think if they were available, people wouldn't care about them as much or even be interested in marrying them. It's because they're unobtainable that people outrage
This and if you could marry those characters, people would stop complaining about that specific issues and move on to other things to complain about. You can't please everyone.

I don't really care though, I'm all right with the marriage candidates that are available. If the bachelor/ettes were the same in every game I'd probably complain but they're not so whatever. It's just a game.
Last edited by Lon Lon on Jun 01, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Agreeing with Fin.

I don't see anything special about Illuminata or Lin Fa at all. Though this is only my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but...? I think the point where it becomes annoying to me, is when people say things like "All of the candidates suck, why can't we get _____ instead???" over and over. Sorry, deal with it. Can't please everyone.

I'm pretty happy with what we got in RF4. Scratch that, I'm extremely happy with the choices we got.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty happy with what we got in RF4. Scratch that, I'm extremely happy with the choices we got.
Agreed. Granted, people are going to have different opinions but I'm with you on the fact that it gets annoying when the same "best ones are never wooable" argument is moaned over and over again.
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

There is only one solution: make all non marriageable candidates ugly.

Please don't take this seriously.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lon Lon wrote:There is only one solution: make all non marriageable candidates ugly.

Please don't take this seriously.
Lol. I think that would work actually.
Higanbana
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

^^

Make a town inhabited by the de Sainte Coquilles who all have the personality of Jasper and Herman from RF1 and 2 with the exception of the marriage candidates.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:Yeah. I think it's all subjective reaction. For example, if Forte was the unmarriageable single tease and if Illuminata was a candidate, people would complain either way.
Considering how Forte seems to appeal to a lot of people, I think it would make if a lot of those people complained about not being able to marry her. And based on what I read, she seems to have a better personality than Illuminata. So yeah, seeing a lot of complaints would get annoying but I don't think there is any problem in wanting to marry someone you can't.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope, not a problem to like someone who isn't marriageable at all...people can like who they like.. but the massive amounts of complaints about it are extremely grating after awhile. That goes for almost anything though xD; I'm complaining about complaining, I know, kind of a hypocrite at this point

I don't know, I don't want a harem town, personally :/ I'm glad some characters are off-limits. Plus, I really do think Hashimoto likes trolling with attractive characters that you can't marry. Pretty sure they are here to stay, haha.
Last edited by RopeMaidenKirie on Jun 01, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.