Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 24, 2020 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Nikkicat94
  Post subject: Seriously, October 10th....
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 5:23 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Gah, the beginning of September for a release was perfect. Beginning of the semester and very little to worry about. October is practically the middle of the semester with tests, and tons of homework. Why are the video game gods punishing me?! At least I have Skyrim, New Beginning, and Shin Megami Tensei to keep me busy. How are you guys keeping busy?

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 5:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

October 10th is just another place holder isn't it? I haven't heard of an official announcement from XSeed yet.

I will agree that it seems a lot of good games are coming out in October this year (or are predicted to be). I'm going to be way to busy studying for my midterms to even consider touching my 3DS. At least I have all the cash I need to buy them.

Kam
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 9:00 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I seriously doubt they would release the game on October 10. 'Cause you know what else is coming out that same week?
Spoiler:
This little « Tulip ».

The game'll probably come out in November, just in time for Christmas.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 9:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bluie's right; October 10th is a placeholder date and nothing more. There's been no formal announcement because they still are waiting on the Nintendo check.

In regards to Pokemon, Hatsuu said that they aren't worried about it, and that they just want to get it released as soon as they absolutely can. They won't delay it just because it (potentially) might be near the release date of Pokemon.

Kam
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 9:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
In regards to Pokemon, Hatsuu said that they aren't worried about it, and that they just want to get it released as soon as they absolutely can. They won't delay it just because it (potentially) might be near the release date of Pokemon.

That... doesn't seem like a particularly wise business decision. I know Rune Factory 3 came out the same day as Call of Duty 50 Billion: Shut Up and Give Us Your Money, but Rune Factory and Call of Duty don't share nearly the same fan base as Rune Factory and Pokémon. I'd probably pick RF over the 'mons, but that's me.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 9:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

While they might miss out on some early sales of the game, after people are done or take a break from Pokemon they'll eventually pick up RF4 anyways, especially if they were already planning to and had the money in the first place. It would just most likely reverse the order in which they would buy it. There isn't a huge worry about them not being able to find the game either, because it'll be on Eshop day one.

So yeah, I think that while first week sales might suffer a bit, overall I don't think they have to worry at all since sales will eventually trickle in. Not to mention that once word of mouth spreads about how good RF4 is, that'll help as well. So I wouldn't worry about it at all ^^ I'm sure they've thought it through or have dealt with it before for other games too..at this point they are probably losing out on money because of the delays more than anything. D:

Bluie
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Also, IIRC, Xseed commented on how preorders for Rune Factory 4 had been relatively good. I think they'll be fine in the long run.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Aug 30, 2013 1:40 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If it comes out on October 10; it'll be alright. It may be a little hindered on initial sales, but people will probably still buy it once stuff has settled down or Christmas comes along.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2013 5:06 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^
That would be around the time I'd get it, then. I don't have a whole lot of money right now so I can only save for 1 game, and I'm going with Pokemon first. However, I still look forward to Rune Factory 4, and I managed to get my brother interested too.

Nikkicat94
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2013 5:20 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I nearly had a melt down when the game changed to October 10th, because Hometown Story is coming out the 15th and Hakuoki Memories of Shinsengumi Limited Edition said on Gamestop's site that it is coming out September 27th. I would of never been able to afford $130 in only a week and a half time. Thankfully, it was only a placeholder date. I can't even think about the new Pokémon game. Of course I probably won't see Rune Factory and Hakuoki until November so it gives me time to save up.

StarlightDreams
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2013 8:20 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I'm not surprised it's set back to October, and I won't be surprised if they set it back again. Because I was going to be busy in September anyhow, just like I will in October. June was the best time for them to release it. I'm not upset over it being delayed, but I will be if they do it again. :roll:

Selphie-Sama
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2013 10:41 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I don't really see why it matters if the game is coming out during a busy period for people in school since most of us would buy this game regardless. To be honest I think it would work out well for me if it came out on October 10, since then I can just buy it on the same day I buy Pokemon X/Y so I don't have to make two trips to the city.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Sep 01, 2013 12:10 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yeah, I'm not seeing the problem for people who don't have the money right away either. Can't buy it right when it comes out? Buy it later. If you think you're going to have a hard time finding it later, well then, what's going to be harder to find after? Rune factory or pokemon? (just as an example).

I'll probably get it off of the 3ds shop anyways. I don't have any game stores in my area and the walmart in my area has either the really big game names or crappy games that no one has ever heard of and sit on the shelf until it's been so long they put them in the $5 bin. At least my walmart sells 3ds eshop cards.

Nice1220
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2013 10:04 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Since its only a placeholder date, do you think the REAL release date will be before or after that date?

Typically its always later after the placeholder, but I'm hopeful because Japan has had this game for a looooong time. ACNL was released after RF4 and we got it before RF4. So maybe... Just Maybe they are teasing us?

LumiRumi
Post Posted: Sep 02, 2013 1:51 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

While I sure wish it'll be before I doubt it. :( I don't have any statistics on me but I'm can bet that text wise, RF4 >>> AC:NL, after all the reason it keeps getting delayed is cause the QA just takes forever cause it's so massive.

Though I really hope they can get it out soon, I know it's out of XSEED's hands, but since school started for me time is just dragging on in a repetitive limbo haha.