Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Edit: Sure enough, as soon as I posted I figured it out. ^^
egg
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

LiliaoftheWind wrote:You can give people their disliked items/gifts to decrease their friendship. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to decrease friendship/love.
oh! opps...of course!! thank you!! ^^
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

egg wrote:is it possible to decrease friendship in this game??
I saw your other post. I have Raven and Garrett at around 25-30 friendship, while the highest female I'm courting is 15. I have no idea why, but it doesn't seem to be a problem really. Honestly I'm surprised they have friendship points at all. They are not in any of the events that I know of and they don't count in the request to get towns people's friendship up to 5 or 10. So it's all kind of pointless really. I just let it go ... obviously.
vivify
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Is there any way to remove items that you have given to party members? I can't take Leon seriously with glasses LOL
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

vivify wrote:Is there any way to remove items that you have given to party members? I can't take Leon seriously with glasses LOL
You can take away visible hats/accessories from all villagers by using Prince(ss) Points. One of the orders is called something like "Take back all hats". That's the one you want.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hey! I'm new to this forum and all, I hope you guys can help.

I went into Porcoline's Kitchen in order to purchase a refrigerator.
Beforehand, I gathered up a bunch of lumber.
When I went into the kitchen and tried to purchase the fridge, Porcoline said I had no lumber, even though it's in my inventory. It doesn't even show that I have any on the bottom screen, it just stuck to 0.
Does anybody have any idea why this happened?
Wooly Hugger
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Hey! I'm new to this forum and all, I hope you guys can help.

I went into Porcoline's Kitchen in order to purchase a refrigerator.
Beforehand, I gathered up a bunch of lumber.
When I went into the kitchen and tried to purchase the fridge, Porcoline said I had no lumber, even though it's in my inventory. It doesn't even show that I have any on the bottom screen, it just stuck to 0.
Does anybody have any idea why this happened?
Because you need lumber/stone box. I know it's kind of stupid, but you need to store lumber there before you can use it. You'll get that box as reward from a request soon enough.
egg
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:
egg wrote:is it possible to decrease friendship in this game??
I saw your other post. I have Raven and Garrett at around 25-30 friendship, while the highest female I'm courting is 15. I have no idea why, but it doesn't seem to be a problem really. Honestly I'm surprised they have friendship points at all. They are not in any of the events that I know of and they don't count in the request to get towns people's friendship up to 5 or 10. So it's all kind of pointless really. I just let it go ... obviously.
huh, so i'm not the only one. wonder why they're so easy to befriend...

i suppose i'll let it go too now, i feel less bad about it. xD
Atsuko Roberts
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Has anyone been able to defeat Dragon Ruins from Sharance Maze? I'm at level 245 right now but I've only beaten Ambrosia from there once.
vivify
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

What is going on here O_o?

http://i.imgur.com/MSdElQZ.jpg

When I pick them up, there's just normal pumpkins. Is this some kind of glitch?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Those pumpkins aren't giant just yet. If you pick them they will revert back to normal size. In order to get a giant crop you need wait until four pumpkins merge together and become even larger than that.
vivify
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you for answering my question! How long does it usually take for crops to merge? Is there anything I can do to quicken the process? Should I use Gigantizer at this point...?
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

I keep resetting and am having a heck of a time getting Arthur to sell Love Potion. I've shipped it before and know where I have a chance of finding it but it takes too much game time to get potentially 2 a day. I need everyone at 10FP for a request but even favorite gifts seem to take such a long time. Especially once they hit 9. I think I've reset his shop 20 times already and the inventory keeps changing but still no love potion.
vivify wrote:Thank you for answering my question! How long does it usually take for crops to merge? Is there anything I can do to quicken the process? Should I use Gigantizer at this point...?
I wouldn't waste the money. Just keep watering them and it should only take a few days. They're more likely to merge faster in the seasons they grow best in.
Kitamoon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

"Hurricane" is a rune ability for the spear category. She wants you to get it and bring it to her. I personally found one recently in Leon Karnak, but there is a bit of a process to reach it. after you climb the ladder on the right side, go over one area and defeat all the monsters and the monster spawner to make a yellow switch appear. press it, then go back an area and climb the now accessible ladder. Defeat the enemies here, and two chests should appear. It should be in one of those. I cannot completely guarantee this will work in your copy, as I'm not sure whether rune abilities in chests are random or not. However, this is my second copy of it, so there should have been a copy earlier in the game. Where, I can't say, but I would check the ability seller in town if you have invited him to see if he has a copy. Hope this helped. :)
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

So, I've started taking on Sharace maze in an effort to level so that the Rune Prana quit KILLING ME (speaking of, Rune Prana... three, I think? I cannot find the red switch. VERY annoying.), how many floors does the first level have?

(I'm also taking on the Maze in hopes of epic arms/armor/bread+ Slow going so far. Sads.)