Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Sheba
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I need help because I'm seemingly too stupid to catch Salmon.

I read the fishing guide. I swear I did. But I'm fishing in Keeno Lake since ten days now and all that fills my bag are non-Salmon. I read somewhere that Salmon are large fish, so I fish those, mainly, but all I got so far are a million Rainbow Trout. As I don't have access to the autumn section yet, but Arthur's birthday is in two days, I am in real need of that silly fish.

Am I doing something wrong? Are Salmon light-colored shadow fishes? Am I fishing the wrong shadows? Any help would be appeciated.
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Sheba wrote:I need help because I'm seemingly too stupid to catch Salmon.

I read the fishing guide. I swear I did. But I'm fishing in Keeno Lake since ten days now and all that fills my bag are non-Salmon. I read somewhere that Salmon are large fish, so I fish those, mainly, but all I got so far are a million Rainbow Trout. As I don't have access to the autumn section yet, but Arthur's birthday is in two days, I am in real need of that silly fish.

Am I doing something wrong? Are Salmon light-colored shadow fishes? Am I fishing the wrong shadows? Any help would be appeciated.
Salmon are really big. Think XL to the Rainbow Trout's L.

There's a possibility that they're rarer in Keeno Lake than they are elsewhere; which, well... I'm not sure there's much to be done about that. If it's Fall (I'm afraid I don't know Arthur's birthday) you can catch Salmon at Selphia: Dragon Lake, and iirc, the Castle Gate (first screen down from the plaza?) as well.

Unfortunately, if you don't have access to Autumn Road yet there's not much else you can do. If there was some sort of trading that was possible I'd gladly help you out. :(
Sheba
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Kaist wrote:Salmon are really big. Think XL to the Rainbow Trout's L.

There's a possibility that they're rarer in Keeno Lake than they are elsewhere; which, well... I'm not sure there's much to be done about that. If it's Fall (I'm afraid I don't know Arthur's birthday) you can catch Salmon at Selphia: Dragon Lake, and iirc, the Castle Gate (first screen down from the plaza?) as well.

Unfortunately, if you don't have access to Autumn Road yet there's not much else you can do. If there was some sort of trading that was possible I'd gladly help you out. :(
Thanks a bunch. I probably have never seen one then... I was about to give up, but then found a single Salmon Onigiri in a treasure chest in the Yokmir cave. Lucky! And yeah, Arthur's birthday is Summer 4, so there wasn't much else I could do except to rely on Keeno lake. Thanks a lot for the help; I have switched back to turnips for now, as they're just so much cheaper to come by (after I found my Salmon Onigiri, Porcoline started selling it for 2k) and I'm at seven hearts for Arthur now anyway. Now hoping that the RNG will be kind to me soon and I can start dating.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Actually, if you go to the Water ruins, you can sometimes catch a salmon there. Just clear out the enemies and go fishing!
dovvy.dragon
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Two things I learned that others might need to know.

1. Bosses won't respawn?
You need to sleep in order to cause bosses to respawn. Sleeping at 5:59am works.

2. Are there any bugs?
I noticed one from day one. If you give Vishnal a homemade gift that he doesn't like/love, he will say, "It's an honor to receive a handmade gift for my birthday."
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

are you guys able to help with dungeons? I'm stuck in rune prana I think it's the 4th floor. The cave part after you fight the lions...I was able to flip the red and blue switches but I need help with the rest. I'm
Giobat_Lully
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

dovvy.dragon wrote:Two things I learned that others might need to know.

1. Bosses won't respawn?
You need to sleep in order to cause bosses to respawn. Sleeping at 5:59am works."
You're right about that exept that there is a glitch which enables you to fight a boss multiple times on the same day. After you beat the boss/es wait until it/they vanish/es (as it/they might drop an item) and IMMEDIATELY use the "escape" spell before the barriers in the boss room vanish! If done correctly, come back to the boss room,pick up the item (if it dropped one),fight the boss once more and make use of that glitch again. This method can be very useful if you want to farm certain boss items for upgrading/forging.
Navi
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember but is it possible to soft-reset to trigger events?

I want to trigger memories ;v;
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Navi wrote:I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember but is it possible to soft-reset to trigger events?

I want to trigger memories ;v;
It's best to hard reset as it causes less glitching, but yes, if you have an event day and you've saved the night before it occurs, you can keep going back to the night before until you trigger Memories.
hi!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I need rune crystals for the best weapons and armor. I know you can get them by breaking rune crystal. My problem is that I don't know what level they start dropping at. I believe its between lv 50-70. Any other ideas?
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Start mining and hope for the best, basically. iirc there's also a hidden item spot at the top of Leon Karnak that has Rune Crystals sometimes- and that can be exploited somehow, don't remember exactly what the exploit is- but I wouldn't count on them appearing there. Fair warning that it will take a chunk of in-game days. Best place to mine is that one screen in Autumn Valley that's a screen or two away from the entrance to Maya Road. That has the most crystal nodes to mine in one place hands down.
maximom
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Hello,

How to see the HP monsters in battle. It seems to me that I pay with PP but I don't see the difference and I don't have this option on the bord of orders .

Is there a button to set this option? Maybe I touched without meaning.
olivia222
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

maximom wrote:Hello,

How to see the HP monsters in battle. It seems to me that I pay with PP but I don't see the difference and I don't have this option on the bord of orders .

Is there a button to set this option? Maybe I touched without meaning.
The only way is with PP, sorry. I believe you must beat the second story arc before this option becomes available.

I haven't played the game in a while though, so I could be wrong, I'll go check today
Fishy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello to all and good day! :lala:

Someone asked about a request from Kiel:

Kiel: Want to Return Them
Kill: Lest x 0
Mostly found in: _
Reward: (nothing)
There's a lot of monster-y trouble going on nowadays. I'd like to return them to the forest, but...

I have this request too, but I can't complete it.
I tried killing lest in different ways:
1.- Taking damage from enemies monsters
2.- Eating Super Fail (in case Lest have to kill Lest)
3.- A mix between the first two with Kiel in the party so he can see...

And nothing...
Someone knows how to complete this quest?

Sorry for my bad grammar :)
olivia222

Post  Posted:

Fishy wrote:Hello to all and good day! :lala:

Someone asked about a request from Kiel:

Kiel: Want to Return Them
Kill: Lest x 0
Mostly found in: _
Reward: (nothing)
There's a lot of monster-y trouble going on nowadays. I'd like to return them to the forest, but...

I have this request too, but I can't complete it.
I tried killing lest in different ways:
1.- Taking damage from enemies monsters
2.- Eating Super Fail (in case Lest have to kill Lest)
3.- A mix between the first two with Kiel in the party so he can see...

And nothing...
Someone knows how to complete this quest?

Sorry for my bad grammar :)
Your grammar is fine, don't worry :) out of curiosity, are you dating/married to Forte? I believe this is a bug, I've seen some other people complain about this, here's the link.

EDIT: found several more people complain about this, I'm 99.9% sure this is just a bug and you can't solve it, or the developers are just trolling with us XD here's another link