Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 16, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 279  Next
Soapylion
Post Posted: Jan 09, 2015 4:23 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

You're welcome!
I mean I'm only in the 2nd arc right now, so someone else who's completed the game may have different advice. But I feel like this is the kind of game that you can play however you like. But if you feel like you're rushing, then by all means slow things down a bit!
I've been going pretty slow because of the random sub events too.

-Frey-
Post Posted: Jan 15, 2015 11:25 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

So I just ended arc 2 and noticed a very annoying glitch.
I looked it up on the forum if anyone had already noticed it and saw an unanswered post here in the question&answers thread.
So instead of making a new topic I decided to write it down here, if it's ok :)

In both versions (e-shop + physical copy) this glitch may come up:
At the end of arc 2 during the conversations, the touch screen glitches, same goes with the face frames and some graphics ingame.
However you can still finish the boss battle.
After you beat the final boss in arc 2 the credits will show up - also glitched.
After the 3rd screen the credits freezes and you have to reset your 3ds, because nothing's working anymore.
However, the glitch is positive to happen in both versions and the glitch won't happen again after you have reset your 3ds and continue from your last saving point.

Hope this helps a little bit. :)

PrincessAi
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2015 5:42 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I have a few quick questions.

I'm trying to befriend at least one of the Boss Monsters but every time I try to with Ambrosia she rejects it. I have a fully empty barn I built specifically for her and Thunderbolt. I'm hoping that Boss will be easier since Carrots generate more. And what can you use for Marionetta? Arthur's request only mentioned the first two Bosses. Or am I just missing something?

Also--
I'm waiting for the third act to be triggered or Arthur's marriage event, so... I don't know if there's a way to get either of those events to happen but otherwise I'm pretty much just playing and growing veggies and flowers according to the requests. The days are pretty short.

ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2015 6:43 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

PrincessAi wrote:

I'm trying to befriend at least one of the Boss Monsters but every time I try to with Ambrosia she rejects it. I have a fully empty barn I built specifically for her and Thunderbolt. I'm hoping that Boss will be easier since Carrots generate more. And what can you use for Marionetta? Arthur's request only mentioned the first two Bosses. Or am I just missing something?

Also--
I'm waiting for the third act to be triggered or Arthur's marriage event, so... I don't know if there's a way to get either of those events to happen but otherwise I'm pretty much just playing and growing veggies and flowers according to the requests. The days are pretty short.

Bosses are usually harder to tame than most monsters, you can try brushing it, and using a weapon with love affinity might help(adding a scrap iron while you make it will make the weapon only do 1 damage, so you dont end up killing it), for Thunderbolt I believe the item was the large carrot and not the single ones, same with Ambrosia but whichever flower it was, I haven't played it for a while but I think bosses always used the large crop/flower to be tamed, for Marionetta I believe it was either pie or cake

The third plot event is completely random from what I know, just like any event... =/

Ophelia11
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2015 10:29 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
PrincessAi wrote:

Bosses are usually harder to tame than most monsters, you can try brushing it, and using a weapon with love affinity might help(adding a scrap iron while you make it will make the weapon only do 1 damage, so you dont end up killing it), for Thunderbolt I believe the item was the large carrot and not the single ones, same with Ambrosia but whichever flower it was, I haven't played it for a while but I think bosses always used the large crop/flower to be tamed, for Marionetta I believe it was either pie or cake/

Shini is right, for the majority of boss monsters you need the big crops. you can check this thread, it has all the items. and in case you don't know how to make the big crops: you need to plant one square (2x2) of the crop, for example carrots. then you need to apply gigantizer (you can buy it in the flower shop for 12.000) and I'm not sure if you only need 1 or 2, but I read somewhere you need to apply 2, so after a few days when the crops reach the next stage I apply another gigantizer. then once the crops matures you can already see that it is bigger than the normal crops, but, and this is very important,do not harvest it yet. wait a couple more days and the 4 single crops will merge into 1 giant one. then you can harvest it.
also since the gigantizer affects the soil, not the crops, once you harvest the giant crop and you want to grow another one, plant it on the same plot of land and you'll save buying additional gigantizer :)

-Frey-
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2015 7:45 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Can someone please tell me where those "hidden fiels in dungeons" are?
Forte has thrown a request in the request box, asking I should complete a hidden field in a dungeon.
But I never noticed a field in any dungeon - except those fields you can find in the roads (spring, summer, autumn, winter).
So am I missing something here?
I have cleared most all my maps and I never came across a field...

Thanks in advance!

ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2015 8:11 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I dont think it actually means a plant-able field, it might be talking about hidden pathways in the dungeons, try running along the walls or looking up a map of the dungeon, some walls you can walk through and get to places that are hidden, if you have the water shoes equipped you can also walk on water, there are hidden areas in the open map too, if you explore around all the swamp/lake-like areas there'll be some spots you can only get to with the water shoes, there might be more spots, but I dont remember them

Meriberry
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2015 2:04 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

I think the hidden fields is a callback to RF1 where there were fields in dungeons and you had to farm some of them to get INTO said dungeon (That was a fun mess.) I could be wrong, though.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2015 5:12 am 
Anonymous Fish

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Hi owo
Um what are all of the prince/princess levels, and how many tourists do you need to raise the levels?
And also what unlocks with each level?
Thanks! Sorry if this doesn't make sense >3<

Anyone? .v.

...Anyone?

Kaist
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am 
Anonymous Fish

Documenting ALL the orders and levels is a pretty hefty undertaking. Nobody seems to have done it.

The maximum level requires 2500 tourists, which are mainly gained via the Advertise Selphia order once you've done all the orders that bring a large amount of people in (e.g. festivals), but I'm afraid that's about all I know in regards to level thresholds.

I do have an incomplete list from an earlier playthrough here-

Spoiler:
Prince/Princess Orders
When applicable: amt. of stone/wood needed not noted. General rule of thumb is "bigger upgrade, bigger amount".

Licenses
EZ Cooking License [100PP]
Forging License [100-300PP]
Crafting License [100-300PP]
Airship License [300PP]
Pro Cooking License [500PP]

Festivals / Cancel Festivals [all 1000PP]
Cooking Contest [Spring 6]
Bean Tossing Contest [Spring 11]
Fishing Frenzy Contest [Spring 15]
De-Fluffing Festival [Spring 19]
Spring Harvest Festival [Spring 28]
Turnip Festival [Summer 11]

Shops
Bado's Accessories [500PP]
Ellie's Flowers [500PP]
Blossom's Groceries [500PP]
Blossom's Furniture [800PP]
Clothing Shop [800PP]
Jewelry Shop [2000PP]

Development [continued upgrades indicated by increase of PP amount]
New Backpack [50PP] [PP] [PP]
New Fridge [50-200PP] [300PP] [PP]
New Storage Box [50-200PP] [300PP] [PP]
Expand Room [1000PP] [PP] [PP]
Expand Farm [500PP] [PP] [PP]
Build Monster Barn
Build in [name] Farm [100PP]
Expand [name] [200PP] [PP] [PP]

Other
Advertise Selphia [1500PP]
Add Ability Slots [1000PP] [PP] [PP]
Take Back Hats [500PP]

(SPOILERS) Extra Orders
Show / Hide Enemy Levels [200PP]
Show / Hide Enemy HP [200PP]
Disable / Enable EXP Gain [10PP]
Disable / Enable Skill EXP [10PP]
Sharance Maze [3000PP]
Change Appearance [50PP]
Decrease / Increase Enemy Levels [300PP]
10,000 Princess Points -> 100,000 G [10000PP]
Summon Typhoon [1000PP]
Push Away Typhoon [1000PP]
Disable / Enable Town Events [50PP]

Azellia
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2015 9:15 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

-Frey- wrote:
Can someone please tell me where those "hidden fiels in dungeons" are?
Forte has thrown a request in the request box, asking I should complete a hidden field in a dungeon.
But I never noticed a field in any dungeon - except those fields you can find in the roads (spring, summer, autumn, winter).
So am I missing something here?
I have cleared most all my maps and I never came across a field...

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure she's asking you to grow and complete a Field Dungeon. You can get the seeds for one from the Raccoon boss in the spring section of the map. Plant it in your field, and after it grows, enter and complete it. It's 4 floors long, and the base level monsters are at about Level 50, if I'm remembering right. The boss should be the Greater Demon unless you level the plant up with Greenifier, in which case I'm unsure of who the boss will be.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2015 2:05 pm 
Anonymous Fish

hi!

i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for beating guardians? like, the stone/brick-looking creatures in rune prana.

thanks in advance!

Ophelia11
Post Posted: Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

not so much a question but a tipp:

to get dungeon seeds you have to go to the demon's den and fight against the boss there. you find the dungeon somewhere in the Secrezo Hill map, however the road to the demon's den is only open each month from the 1st to the 5th.
now today while flying around in my airship I realized that you can fly directly to the demon's den (after you've been there once of course), so instead of just 5 days per month you can go/fly there whenever you want and get more dungeon seeds :)

RurounixKen
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2015 2:04 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

hey guys, nice to meet you :D

I'm stucking at starting arc 3 of RF4 now. I've finished arc 2 for a month(in game) ago, i got Dylas 7 heart now but all i can do is just farming to make money...

There're some problem with my game in fact. No one want to join my team. I asked every one in town but no one agree to go with me. I checked in my diary next to the bed but none of those town event was activated. I used to have Forte to go with me the first few week, but someday, she left me, she and me at lvl 26 there and now i've got 130.

I've seen Dylas go into shop flower 3 times, first time, there's someone else there and when i come in, nothing happened. Both next 2 times, things still the same, even it's just 2 of them there. None event were activated.

Anyone can explain me why???

Kaist
Post Posted: Jan 28, 2015 4:12 am 
Anonymous Fish

RurounixKen wrote:
hey guys, nice to meet you :D

I'm stucking at starting arc 3 of RF4 now. I've finished arc 2 for a month(in game) ago, i got Dylas 7 heart now but all i can do is just farming to make money...

There're some problem with my game in fact. No one want to join my team. I asked every one in town but no one agree to go with me. I checked in my diary next to the bed but none of those town event was activated. I used to have Forte to go with me the first few week, but someday, she left me, she and me at lvl 26 there and now i've got 130.

I've seen Dylas go into shop flower 3 times, first time, there's someone else there and when i come in, nothing happened. Both next 2 times, things still the same, even it's just 2 of them there. None event were activated.

Anyone can explain me why???

Most likely? The RNG hates you.

Seriously, though, you probably have an event already.

Nearly everyone has troubles with activating the Memories event, so know that you're not alone with that particular problem! If nobody will accompany you that almost certainly means that some kind of event is activated. If the event isn't showing up in any shape or form, you probably need to walk into some part of town while the character(s) involved are in there... Perhaps try talking to everyone for a few days and watching to see if they do anything unusual, like going somewhere outside their schedule? The only other thing I can think of (and admittedly I'm not omnipotent; I'm likely missing something) is that you'd need to advance the story, but you seem like you're trying to get Memories to trigger, so that can't be right.

And if Dylas goes into the flower shop but no scene activates, that means that Memories hasn't activated. He did that a few times when I was trying to get Memories to trigger. It was pretty frustrating.

Try reading this guide if you'd like an idea of how events work- it's very informative on the mechanics, which can make trying to get Memories a little easier.

My apologies if this isn't all that useful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 279  Next