RF4 Marriage and Confession Guide - Read OP before posting

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Giobat_Lully wrote:
Kirie (may I call you that?), I share your opinion that his event was quite depressing but at least it gave some insight in his past.
When he decided to go back to the capital without telling Frey I found his attitude inappropriate as well but the "come-closer-cave-scene" made up for it.

By the way I noticed (due to my lurking, ahem...) that you are apparently an "Arthur-fangirl" therefore I would like to post his 100 LP conversation as some sort of welcome gift since I'm a newcomer.
(I know that someone has already posted the 100 FP conversations somewhere but this is the slightly different version if he is your husband):
Spoiler:
A: Frey.
F: Yes?
A: Thank you.
F: Huh?
A: Thanks to you,I have managed to broaden my world considerably. Recently, I have caught myself thinking of you very often. I wonder how you would see something, or what you would think of it. Once you fall for someone, everything looks different.
F: Really?
A: Yes. That is why I brought up this conversation. To see if I could get you to blush. :lala:
F: Urk..! (blush)
A: Thank you, my beloved Frey.
You can call me Kirie, Rope or whatever you'd like! :D Welcome (officially) to the forums!

Completely agreed. He was so cold during most of the event, but that last scene was just too adorable so it kinda made up for it. I...tend to give him more of a pass than I do Leon's event, but that's probably partially due to bias. lol

Ahaha, yes, I am indeed! Thank you so much for posting that <3 absolutely adorable, and yeah I haven't seen that version before as I was waaaay too lazy to raise up the LP so far for it. Appreciate it! :D
nsimmons
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have a question. Are there any other pre-requisite events that are mandatory for Leon's marriage event other than the ones listed on the first post? I've met all the ones listed and I've tried the putting him in my party and reloading method, but I've reloaded at least 100 times and nothing has happened. I know the events are random, but are they really THAT random that I haven't gotten it in 100 reload tries? There are no other events and we've been on more than 3 dates and he's at 12 hearts. I don't know what to do anymore...
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

nsimmons wrote:I have a question. Are there any other pre-requisite events that are mandatory for Leon's marriage event other than the ones listed on the first post? I've met all the ones listed and I've tried the putting him in my party and reloading method, but I've reloaded at least 100 times and nothing has happened. I know the events are random, but are they really THAT random that I haven't gotten it in 100 reload tries? There are no other events and we've been on more than 3 dates and he's at 12 hearts. I don't know what to do anymore...
Do you have the bigger bed? I'm not sure if it helps or not, but I think it might be required, because when I was courting him I had the same issue, didn't have the bigger bed, proceeded to get it... and got his event the next day. Idk.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You don't need the bed, I can confirm that. Married him 2 separate times easily without it.

@nsimmons - Sorry to hear about your luck D: What part of the story are you at at the moment?
Raskha Souza
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Quick Question:

I'm dating both Dylas and Lion seeing as I wanted too however I am now getting the proposal event for Dylas but I want to marry Lion. Will anything happen if I just turn him down, can I stop the event from happening?

Is there any affect to the LP when I turn him down and will this affect me wanting to marry Lion? Will he not propose cause Dylas did even if I turn him down?

Thanks,

Raksha
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Raskha Souza wrote:Quick Question:

I'm dating both Dylas and Lion seeing as I wanted too however I am now getting the proposal event for Dylas but I want to marry Lion. Will anything happen if I just turn him down, can I stop the event from happening?

Is there any affect to the LP when I turn him down and will this affect me wanting to marry Lion? Will he not propose cause Dylas did even if I turn him down?

Thanks,

Raksha
You'll have to sit through Dylas' event until you get the choice to turn him down (you can't turn him down at the beginning of it), but no there are no negatives in doing so. No LP decreases or anything, so nothing to worry about.

Nope! Leon will definitely still propose during his marriage event when it triggers, even if you turned down a previous bachelor. No LP decrease and nothing changes :D
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks so much! That's a huge relief. I feel kinda bad for Dylas going through all that work for nothing tho but I married him in my other game.

Thanks again for the help.

XD

Raksha Souza
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not a problem! He actually takes it like a champ when you turn him down, so it's not too bad at least :D
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Leon from rune factory 4 can be married before the second arc, I just proved it.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Leon from rune factory 4 can be married before the second arc, I just proved it.
How? You can't get into the spring area until you start arc 2. 8/
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

4. If you are marrying Clorica, you'll need to have the engagement ring DURING the event, as it'll prompt you for it. If you want to turn her down, give her one of her loved gifts (apple pie, etc)
Does this mean that if you complete the event and DON'T marry her, you won't be able to give her a ring later if you change your mind?
/Same goes for the other girls, you can just propose after the event, right?
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Tiptoze wrote:
4. If you are marrying Clorica, you'll need to have the engagement ring DURING the event, as it'll prompt you for it. If you want to turn her down, give her one of her loved gifts (apple pie, etc)
Does this mean that if you complete the event and DON'T marry her, you won't be able to give her a ring later if you change your mind?
/Same goes for the other girls, you can just propose after the event, right?
You can refuse every marriage candidate in their event and propose to them any time after, I believe.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

That's what I thought. That just kinda confused me, so I wanted to make sure. Thanks.
Blue fantasy
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've been trying to get kiel's event for over a month now and nothing seems to be working. For some reason my comparability with him keeps on going down does that effect the probability of the event or is it just for fun like the comparability tester in fire emblem awakening.
olivia222
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Blue fantasy wrote:I've been trying to get kiel's event for over a month now and nothing seems to be working. For some reason my comparability with him keeps on going down does that effect the probability of the event or is it just for fun like the comparability tester in fire emblem awakening.
Ooooo I can try and help! Here is what I do to get events:
1. Make sure you have finished any pre-requisites! - sometimes you need another event before you can trigger a different one (like marriage events). You also need to have all the people unlocked that participate in the event. If you google the event name, you should be able to find what you need to have before it can unlock.

2. Find the event day! - there are preset days in each season (about 2) that have events. Make sure you save every night before you go to bed and when you wake up and go about your day, an event might trigger. This is where you go back and reload your game from the night before!!!

3. Get your party together! - if you are able to get Kiel in your party, then do it. Ask him to join you then go to sleep. When you wake up, if he says that he has to go, an event has triggered. BUT WAIT! Play through the day and make sure it's the right event you want (it will say on the diary). If it isn't, keep reloading and sleeping until it's the event you want.

HOPE THIS HELPS!