RF4 Marriage and Confession Guide - Read OP before posting

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Good idea in a thread I'm going to get RF4.

Small tip guys since you can't break up with anyone you should really chose who you date very carefully :)
Actually, from what I've heard at least, you could theoretically date every option of the opposite gender of your player character and still pick a marriage partner with no strings attached. It's pretty much a harem license.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's really hard to tell, honestly. If the sub-event's focus is on that particular character, it definitely might be one of the needed ones. For example, the two that Arthur needs both reveal things about him that directly tie into his marriage sub-event. For Leon, his also ties into his sub-event.. but even if it just explores their backstory/personality more, it definitely could be one. What I'll potentially do, is just list the ones that could be needed so that if people are having trouble getting the proposals to happen, they can look through it and compare.

I know it sounds complicated, I'm sorry if I'm not explaining things very eloquently xD; But I would love any and all help Doug/Vishnal/Kiel when it comes to seeing which ones they need. I THINK I know which one Doug needs, but I'm not 100% on that and would like someone to double check for me. I appreciate it!

Yes, Drav is right. No strings attached, so you can harem all you please. (But you have to deal with your own guilt ^_~ )

(Thanks Cher for the sticky!)
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Your post color works so well in this topic! Very useful. I'll be back when it's more relevant, thanks a lot!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have to ask, and I'm sorry for asking, but...how do you know if you've triggered a sub-event? It seems to me that your implying there's a way to check, but I don't know how...^^; Or I took it the wrong way.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I have to ask, and I'm sorry for asking, but...how do you know if you've triggered a sub-event? It seems to me that your implying there's a way to check, but I don't know how...^^; Or I took it the wrong way.
If you've triggered a subevent, those involved will not join your party and when you save in your diary there will be a new option named town events. If you press A on it, info (name of the event, place and those involved) will appear.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ahh, sorry! I shouldn't probably assume that people know right off the bat what I'm talking about. I'll add that in there for future reference~
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh! I understand now~ I was wondering what that meant, thank you so much Rune!
And sorry Rope, I can be somewhat dense at times. ^^; My apologies.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No no, no need for apologies! I really should have put it in there in the first place :D Anything to make it more clear is definitely a plus in my book. The whole system is a bit complicated, so clarity is definitely needed. Thanks for the question!

Also, thanks Doc :D glad the pink/white/black combo isn't too hard on the eyes!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dravalon Code wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:Good idea in a thread I'm going to get RF4.

Small tip guys since you can't break up with anyone you should really chose who you date very carefully :)
Actually, from what I've heard at least, you could theoretically date every option of the opposite gender of your player character and still pick a marriage partner with no strings attached. It's pretty much a harem license.
Really cool. I really want this game now
FishyFishy~!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

To tag on to that other fishy's question, how do you know how to activate them? My best guess was talking to all of the people on the list, but that obviously doesn't work. Sorry for being troublesome.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FishyFishy~! wrote:To tag on to that other fishy's question, how do you know how to activate them? My best guess was talking to all of the people on the list, but that obviously doesn't work. Sorry for being troublesome.
You're not troublesome at all, don't worry! You're talking about sub-events, right? Unfortunately, you don't D: One of the cons of the whole sub-event system, is that some of them are a pain to get started.. because you don't know where to go! Talking to all of the villagers typically works, but if it hasn't activated, proceed to the next day and talk to all of the villagers again and see if that does it. You might have to run around town (Make sure to go everywhere! Even outside the front of the town to check) to have it activate.

If that doesn't work, feel free to ask in here or in the Q&A thread (let us know which event you are on) and others or myself will try and help you through it. I hope that's an adequate response D:
FishyFishy~!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ah, thank you Rope! That helps quite a bit~
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know u can date more the one person at a time but haw many?
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I know u can date more the one person at a time but haw many?
As many as you want. So, if you wanted; you could date all of the guys or girls in the game.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I know u can date more the one person at a time but haw many?
You can date all six!

You're welcome fishy!
EDIT: Ninja'd