Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 24, 2020 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Author Message
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2015 10:02 am 
Anonymous Fish

I have gotten all the guys marriage events as well as Margaret and Dolce events. I loved Dylas, Leon, Arthur, and Kiel proposal events the most. Doug's was okay
Spoiler:
(felt it was random that Frey just collapses during the event like that but whatever)
and Vishnal's just bored me due to the whole butler thing (with him I was hoping for something a little bit bigger). When it comes to the two ladies that I mentioned, I loved them both but I loved Dolce's event more. I'm thinking about creating a couple of guy files to see what the other events are for the remaining ladies that I haven't courted/married yet. Still debating it though due to the fact that I don't care for the bachelorettes in this game that much, I might see what Xiao's and Amber's events are about though. They are the only two bachelorettes, beside Dolce and Margaret, that interest me. Forte is too involved/overprotective about things and Clorica doesn't interest me any (stop falling asleep all the time, damn it! :evil:). This is just my take on the marriage/confession events.
 
Reply with quote  
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2015 8:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4507

Offline
Glad you enjoyed the events for the most part! :D I also have no idea what was going on when she
Spoiler:
fainted
during Doug's event. Stress maybe? lol

I'd really recommend at least checking out Amber's (even if you don't go through with it and end up resetting) as it really fleshes out her character a lot with the back story. I was pretty surprised how much I ended up liking it. Not enough to marry her, but it really changed my view on her character a bit.

Xiao's...is a trainwreck imo. Love the girl, but her event besides Clorica's (which was just plain boring to me) are the worst two for me.
 
Reply with quote  
Meriberry
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2015 10:10 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

User avatar
Posts: 654

Offline
NGL, Amber's event had me SUPER teared up. I mean, I don't agree with the logic of making her a bachelorette, but still. That event. My heart.

And yeah, Xiao's is just.... You're going to want to end up punting her folks if you like Xiao at all. (Also, if you don't want to accept hers, scroll down farther in the reactions. I didn't know that the first time and had to reset >.>;;; )
 
Reply with quote  
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2015 6:40 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4507

Offline
Meriberry wrote:
(Also, if you don't want to accept hers, scroll down farther in the reactions. I didn't know that the first time and had to reset >.>;;; )

Ooooh. There was a user named Zhang back when the game came out in Japan that was pissed off because he got ninjamanced by Xiao during her event and accidentally saved afterwards during it and couldn't turn her down. I was always wondering how that happened, but this might be the reason xD
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2015 6:50 am 
Anonymous Fish

I am going for Amber in a different file, well, trying to get her to meet me at the Square anyway. I saw Xiao event, I love the girl but her parents left me yelling at the game "one free pass! Just one free pass here to do something to a character that isn't villainous!" Seriously, that event was totally messed up and made me come to the conclusion that Xiao is more normal than both her parents combined. I am trying hard not to rant too badly about said event because I don't want to spoil anything but her dad is screwed up, possibly a pedo, and doesn't want to see her daughter happy (despite what he claims).
Spoiler:
(I know dads are protective of their kids but the way he speaks just skives me out. Also, I know this is just a game but there was just something screwed up about Yang Fan, especially the rumor he spreads, it is almost like he is trying to get people to hate you, and the letter he writes to you when you get married is just creepy as hell).
 
Reply with quote  
Meriberry
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2015 11:29 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

User avatar
Posts: 654

Offline
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Meriberry wrote:
(Also, if you don't want to accept hers, scroll down farther in the reactions. I didn't know that the first time and had to reset >.>;;; )

Ooooh. There was a user named Zhang back when the game came out in Japan that was pissed off because he got ninjamanced by Xiao during her event and accidentally saved afterwards during it and couldn't turn her down. I was always wondering how that happened, but this might be the reason xD


Yup. I reloaded it twice before I figured it out. It seems somewhat unfair, honestly, that there's a dialogue box of '......' which is silence and hugs, and it doesn't look like there's any other option until you scroll by accident. >.>
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2015 4:18 am 
Anonymous Fish

Now, I have a quick question, I have two guy files with the same name (because I am lazy on creating another file), and I have Amber as a lover. I'm thinking about going for Clorica (just to see her event) and Dolce (marry her again), how hard will it for me to go for those two since I have one lover? (Also, in the same file but different save going for Amber's and Forte's events).
 
Reply with quote  
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2015 4:48 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4507

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Now, I have a quick question, I have two guy files with the same name (because I am lazy on creating another file), and I have Amber as a lover. I'm thinking about going for Clorica (just to see her event) and Dolce (marry her again), how hard will it for me to go for those two since I have one lover? (Also, in the same file but different save going for Amber's and Forte's events).


You should be fine! The hard part is going to be getting them to accept your confession, since that seems to be the big block for most people (it was for me when I was hareming). Some people seem to get really lucky though, so it's all up to the all-mighty RNG D: There used to be a percentage listed in the OP on how likely it was that they would accept your confession according to how many lovers you already had, but multiple people proved that wasn't the case so I took it out quite some time ago.

Then the whole prerequisite town events for marriage, but that's really going to depend on how many of the needed events you have done already. If you've done a lot, then that part shouldn't be too difficult hopefully (again, if the RNG cooperates lol) but if you're splitting off files before you start trying to get events you might get unlucky and have to do a bunch of repeat events on each of your files. This is all going to depend on which events trigger and which bachelorettes you're going for on each respective file.

I certainly hope if/for the next game they take the RNG element out of the relationship equation as it makes it needlessly complicated imo :/ Good luck to you! Let us know how you end up liking their events, as I'm always curious to see everyone's opinions on them. :D
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2015 4:28 am 
Anonymous Fish

Well, I had to start over due to that damn pajama event continually going on while dating Amber (and I was only at Water Ruins, nowhere near to beating the 1st arc). I've noticed this pajama event seems to glitch when trying to get events with Kiel and Amber. Now, I am just theorizing here but the last few files I've made when dating Amber and Kiel, the pajama event seems to show up more often than it should. Let's say that I've seen the event on the 8th of Spring, go get Amber/Kiel to go on an adventure with me the next day, and trying to see A Part Time Job/Introducing Amber Watson. Well, after waiting around a 14 days of time skipping, nothing happens, I reset speak with all villagers throughout the week, and end up finding out 4 days after the pajama event, the event has shown up again. Whenever this happens I feel like this is the game way of saying "quit screwing around and continue on with the damn story already." (The reason I say this is because it seems after beating the 1st arc it resets itself and allows me to play normally). This event system really pisses me off in this game.
 
Reply with quote  
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2015 6:05 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4507

Offline
Sorry for the late reply fishy, did you manage to figure it out? When the pajama event continually came up, was it the same one? I know there's a bunch of different variations so you can get them back to back and it be a different one each time (up to 3 times? I'm not sure the exact number actually), but that sounds awfully annoying. I'm sorry you had to restart :/ What a pain.
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 31, 2015 4:54 am 
Anonymous Fish

Well, I kept on getting the PJ party, after resetting, while dating Forte. I kept on restarting every time Doug wanted to the party, just getting the PJ event, and no one else's was just annoying . I know that there are different variations but to show up as much as it was without Dylas or Leon in town was bothering me. I know there isn't much that anyone can do but I'm taking a break from RF4. The event system in this game has me gravely ticked off, the game has some great events but not be able to see any due to one stupid event blocking all the others is just annoying. Oh, and before anyone asks, I do not have any festivals activated. I normally don't have any festivals active until I've seen all events with a bachelor or bachelorette.
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Apr 02, 2015 10:36 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Hi i wasnt sure where to post this but i couldnt find it on google or in the search forum :/ anyway my dungeon flower suddenly is only 3 levels now with the only two square sections being the one i arrive in and the next is just a boss and then it has me go to the next level. I have a few flowers but its happening with each one and i dont get why. They arent wilted and have been around for atleast two weeks i think but should i hammer them down or is there something else i can do? :((
 
Reply with quote  
Kaist
Post Posted: Apr 03, 2015 11:07 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

User avatar
Posts: 106

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Hi i wasnt sure where to post this but i couldnt find it on google or in the search forum :/ anyway my dungeon flower suddenly is only 3 levels now with the only two square sections being the one i arrive in and the next is just a boss and then it has me go to the next level. I have a few flowers but its happening with each one and i dont get why. They arent wilted and have been around for atleast two weeks i think but should i hammer them down or is there something else i can do? :((


Hi, I'm sorry to say this isn't the topic you're looking for. This topic is geared specifically towards the romance aspect of the game. In the future it might be easier to make an entirely new topic below the stickied topics. If you ask your question in a fresh topic it'll be a bit easier for others to see and answer.

That said, do you have a Rosary equipped? When you enter the Sharance Maze or a Field Dungeon (the field dungeon is what the dungeon flower produces) with a Rosary on, the only rooms that the SM/FD will generate will be the ones that contain minibosses and bosses. If wearing one, take it off and try to enter the dungeon again. (You accurately described what happens when you're wearing a Rosary; this is the only solution to your issue that I can think of.)

Ah, and on the matter of the topic itself, I've a question for anyone who married Arthur. What were your thoughts on his marriage event?
 
Reply with quote  
RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Apr 03, 2015 1:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 4507

Offline
Kaist wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Ah, and on the matter of the topic itself, I've a question for anyone who married Arthur. What were your thoughts on his marriage event?

Spoiler:
I love Arthur (he's my canon file for Frey) but the boy needs therapy something terrible. I liked the event (mainly the cave section and afterwards I admit) but it was a bit disjointed at times imo overall. Gave a good insight to how he works and family dynamics and all that. Also really enjoyed seeing the positive letter he gets from his dad afterwards is a nice touch.

Was originally pretty bummed that he was willing to just up and leave Frey to go back to the capital, but it all goes back to him not being that trusting of people business that's explained during his confession. So it makes sense, but still kinda sucked until it was all resolved.
 
Reply with quote  
Giobat_Lully
Post Posted: Apr 06, 2015 1:40 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 36

Offline
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Kaist wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Ah, and on the matter of the topic itself, I've a question for anyone who married Arthur. What were your thoughts on his marriage event?

Spoiler:
I love Arthur (he's my canon file for Frey) but the boy needs therapy something terrible. I liked the event (mainly the cave section and afterwards I admit) but it was a bit disjointed at times imo overall. Gave a good insight to how he works and family dynamics and all that. Also really enjoyed seeing the positive letter he gets from his dad afterwards is a nice touch.

Was originally pretty bummed that he was willing to just up and leave Frey to go back to the capital, but it all goes back to him not being that trusting of people business that's explained during his confession. So it makes sense, but still kinda sucked until it was all resolved.


RopeMaidenKirie wrote:

Spoiler:
I love Arthur (he's my canon file for Frey) but the boy needs therapy something terrible. I liked the event (mainly the cave section and afterwards I admit) but it was a bit disjointed at times imo overall. Gave a good insight to how he works and family dynamics and all that. Also really enjoyed seeing the positive letter he gets from his dad afterwards is a nice touch.

Was originally pretty bummed that he was willing to just up and leave Frey to go back to the capital, but it all goes back to him not being that trusting of people business that's explained during his confession. So it makes sense, but still kinda sucked until it was all resolved.


Kirie (may I call you that?), I share your opinion that his event was quite depressing but at least it gave some insight in his past.
When he decided to go back to the capital without telling Frey I found his attitude inappropriate as well but the "come-closer-cave-scene" made up for it.

By the way I noticed (due to my lurking, ahem...) that you are apparently an "Arthur-fangirl" therefore I would like to post his 100 LP conversation as some sort of welcome gift since I'm a newcomer.
(I know that someone has already posted the 100 FP conversations somewhere but this is the slightly different version if he is your husband):

Spoiler:
A: Frey.
F: Yes?
A: Thank you.
F: Huh?
A: Thanks to you,I have managed to broaden my world considerably. Recently, I have caught myself thinking of you very often. I wonder how you would see something, or what you would think of it. Once you fall for someone, everything looks different.
F: Really?
A: Yes. That is why I brought up this conversation. To see if I could get you to blush. :lala:
F: Urk..! (blush)
A: Thank you, my beloved Frey.
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group