Rune Factory 4 Gift Guide

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

CandyCoatedCute wrote:Just wanted to point out Pudding became Flan, and Plain Manju is now Chinese Manju.
Thanks Candy! I will update this now.

As far as a monster guide goes, if more people request it, I'll add it in~
Sutanri
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Tewi wrote:
Sutanri wrote:this is a great guide, do you think you can expand this list to monsters? i'm having some trouble befriending cows and chickens.
Other than boss monsters, most other normal monsters can be tamed with medicinal herbs or grass in my experience - I have 8 in my barn right now (2 each of cow and chicken, a Wooly, Fairy, Silver Wolf and Hornet) and I've befriended them all just by throwing herbs and grasses at them. I think the cows and chickens respond well to their own produce (milk/eggs) though.

On the other hand, if giving them an item doesn't make a bubble appear over their heads at all, it means there's no more space in your barn and you can't befriend any more until you expand it.
yeah, they can be tamed with just forest items. But isn't there a special item that can tame them faster because they like the item? I have given more than 18 items and emptied out my inventory giving them my basic weapons and farm tools and the chicken still wasn't tamed.

i'm trying to get a lot of chicken and cows because the dishes involving egg and milk worth a lot of cash. i'm wondering if it getting 8 cows and 8 chickens are worth it?
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Has anyone put this information into a one page guide without pics and all that? I just want a page I can print off and carry with me while I play.
Franchette
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Has anyone put this information into a one page guide without pics and all that? I just want a page I can print off and carry with me while I play.
You can try copy-pasting in word or something.
Or, http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/635388-rune ... faqs/64785
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Has anyone put this information into a one page guide without pics and all that? I just want a page I can print off and carry with me while I play.
I have a link to a word document on the front page, you can download it and just delete the pictures~
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I can't see anyway to save the file on the first post. I'll try editing the faq link.

Thanks.
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:I can't see anyway to save the file on the first post. I'll try editing the faq link.

Thanks.
This link? http://www.scribd.com/doc/173703089/RF4-Characters-docx
It allows you to download it. If you aren't able to you could easily copy and paste everything into a word document, it's likely that the photos won't paste along with it.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Any details on what qualifies at Chinese/Oriental Cuisine? Do the raw fish dishes count?
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^
If you're thinking about things for Xiao try giving her Chinese Manju, she seems to really like that. I don't think she cares much for sashimi.

One of Leon's favorites is Salted Rainbow Trout. Not positive but I don't think Grilled Poison Rainbow Trout is a dish in the game (Poison Rainbow Trout got changed to just Rainbow Trout).
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lon Lon wrote:^
If you're thinking about things for Xiao try giving her Chinese Manju, she seems to really like that. I don't think she cares much for sashimi.

One of Leon's favorites is Salted Rainbow Trout. Not positive but I don't think Grilled Poison Rainbow Trout is a dish in the game (Poison Rainbow Trout got changed to just Rainbow Trout).
I don't know how to make that. Just basic cooking. What's easy to make? I've been giving her flowers, but that adds very little affection.

Hopefully I can buy an oven soon, though I'm still missing a few other pieces of cookware.
Franchette
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Any idea what are the loved, liked and hated gifts for the son / daughter?
Dawn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

For Leon, "Grilled Rainbow Trout," became "Salted Rainbow Trout." (Or Salted R. Trout in-game).

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the previous post. Sorry about that.
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks! This has been updated.

This information was copied directly from the Wiki, so some of the information may be the assumed translated (from Japanese to English) name for it. If you notice anything else, or have something for me to add, please let me know!
Dawn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

For Dylas, Lover Snapper is renamed to Throbby Snapper.
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dawn wrote:For Dylas, Lover Snapper is renamed to Throbby Snapper.
Really? Throbby snapper? That's such a terrible re-name.