Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 22, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ida
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2013 9:46 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

CandyCoatedCute wrote:
Just wanted to point out Pudding became Flan, and Plain Manju is now Chinese Manju.

Thanks Candy! I will update this now.

As far as a monster guide goes, if more people request it, I'll add it in~

Sutanri
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Tewi wrote:
Sutanri wrote:
this is a great guide, do you think you can expand this list to monsters? i'm having some trouble befriending cows and chickens.

Other than boss monsters, most other normal monsters can be tamed with medicinal herbs or grass in my experience - I have 8 in my barn right now (2 each of cow and chicken, a Wooly, Fairy, Silver Wolf and Hornet) and I've befriended them all just by throwing herbs and grasses at them. I think the cows and chickens respond well to their own produce (milk/eggs) though.

On the other hand, if giving them an item doesn't make a bubble appear over their heads at all, it means there's no more space in your barn and you can't befriend any more until you expand it.

yeah, they can be tamed with just forest items. But isn't there a special item that can tame them faster because they like the item? I have given more than 18 items and emptied out my inventory giving them my basic weapons and farm tools and the chicken still wasn't tamed.

i'm trying to get a lot of chicken and cows because the dishes involving egg and milk worth a lot of cash. i'm wondering if it getting 8 cows and 8 chickens are worth it?

LeBurns
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2013 7:27 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Has anyone put this information into a one page guide without pics and all that? I just want a page I can print off and carry with me while I play.

Franchette
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2013 10:04 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

LeBurns wrote:
Has anyone put this information into a one page guide without pics and all that? I just want a page I can print off and carry with me while I play.

You can try copy-pasting in word or something.
Or, http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/635388-rune ... faqs/64785

Ida
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2013 4:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

LeBurns wrote:

I have a link to a word document on the front page, you can download it and just delete the pictures~

LeBurns
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2013 5:00 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I can't see anyway to save the file on the first post. I'll try editing the faq link.

Thanks.

Ida
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2013 6:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

LeBurns wrote:
I can't see anyway to save the file on the first post. I'll try editing the faq link.

Thanks.

This link? http://www.scribd.com/doc/173703089/RF4-Characters-docx
It allows you to download it. If you aren't able to you could easily copy and paste everything into a word document, it's likely that the photos won't paste along with it.

LeBurns
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2013 11:53 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Any details on what qualifies at Chinese/Oriental Cuisine? Do the raw fish dishes count?

Lon Lon
Post Posted: Oct 12, 2013 2:04 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

^
If you're thinking about things for Xiao try giving her Chinese Manju, she seems to really like that. I don't think she cares much for sashimi.

One of Leon's favorites is Salted Rainbow Trout. Not positive but I don't think Grilled Poison Rainbow Trout is a dish in the game (Poison Rainbow Trout got changed to just Rainbow Trout).

LeBurns
Post Posted: Oct 12, 2013 4:45 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Lon Lon wrote:
^
If you're thinking about things for Xiao try giving her Chinese Manju, she seems to really like that. I don't think she cares much for sashimi.

One of Leon's favorites is Salted Rainbow Trout. Not positive but I don't think Grilled Poison Rainbow Trout is a dish in the game (Poison Rainbow Trout got changed to just Rainbow Trout).

I don't know how to make that. Just basic cooking. What's easy to make? I've been giving her flowers, but that adds very little affection.

Hopefully I can buy an oven soon, though I'm still missing a few other pieces of cookware.

Franchette
Post Posted: Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Any idea what are the loved, liked and hated gifts for the son / daughter?

Dawn
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2013 9:52 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

For Leon, "Grilled Rainbow Trout," became "Salted Rainbow Trout." (Or Salted R. Trout in-game).

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the previous post. Sorry about that.

Ida
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2013 12:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks! This has been updated.

This information was copied directly from the Wiki, so some of the information may be the assumed translated (from Japanese to English) name for it. If you notice anything else, or have something for me to add, please let me know!

Dawn
Post Posted: Oct 16, 2013 10:22 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

For Dylas, Lover Snapper is renamed to Throbby Snapper.

Ida
Post Posted: Oct 16, 2013 10:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Dawn wrote:
For Dylas, Lover Snapper is renamed to Throbby Snapper.

Really? Throbby snapper? That's such a terrible re-name.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next