Rune Factory 4 Town Event Guide

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Got an unlisted event titled "Thoughts Lost in the Lake." The event participants are Margaret, Illuminata. It's a short little event, happens in one day, and at the end, you get the choice to call Margaret "Meg" all the time. It's even voiced when you invite her out and stuff. Got it as a girl, but Illuminata sure implied things at the end there...
Oh, thanks! The event is in the OP but listed as "memories thrown into the lake". When I got it, I went to the beach and got it over with before I could check its name so I used the fan translation of it in Rope's thread. I'll update the first post now.
LeBurns wrote:Love this guide. Thanks.

Can we get it pinned?
Oh, thank you! And all those that help me. I'm glad it can be helpful.
rachellion wrote:No worries it's a lot to go through :) I didn't see that one! And I totally ship Meg and Frey :lala: I may marry Meg in my male file JUST to do a character swap so it's Frey and Meg on the wedding day :lol:

Since the mini-events don't have names and seem to trigger randomly, it's probably best to note somewhere that they happen and which ones people have seen - like brief summaries of them. I didn't know if it would be useful to write it out or not so I just wrote it out xD I don't know if they keep you from activating other sub-events though :/

Finished second arc and now spamming Doug with gifts so I can add him to my harem :lol: Also trying to trigger as many sub events as humanly possible before the 3rd arc triggers. I'll write out min-guides for the ones I see. Also
Spoiler:
I love how at the end of the 2nd arc the game ships Doug/Dylas harder than everyone :lol: That whole "OMG GUYS GET A ROOM" response from the villagers plus Doug and Dylas blushing faces made my liiiiiiife
Man, Frey is so shippable with all the girls, but Meg has a crush on Frey, that's canon. I'd sprite swap but the character would still be referred to as the other gender and that turns me off. :/

I think I'll make a mini event section in the future then. :3

Oh, awesome!!! I hope you like Doug as a bf! You know I do. XD Even more as a hubby and as a dad. I'm happy he grew on you. Imo, he's the character that goes through most development in the story.

@Thanks for another guide, miku chan! You're very helpful.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Love this guide. Thanks.

Can we get it pinned?
You'll have to ask Cher for that. For now I just put this in the link in my siggy that I usually go to before I even browse the forum :s
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

about events... i just have to do a little dance and say that i finally triggered the third bleepin' arc
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

If Ventuswill is unavailable for Doug's event, does that mean I'm screwed?
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Do you mean Shiny Memories? If so, then no. You can finish the event without her.
SakunoHaru
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Does anyone have a trick to trigger "Leon Daily Life"?

I already stalk Leon everyday, but he never goes to Vishnal room :<
Miku-chan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:@Thanks for another guide, miku chan! You're very helpful.
No problem! :D
I'll post more if I find another tricky one.
SakunoHaru wrote:Does anyone have a trick to trigger "Leon Daily Life"?

I already stalk Leon everyday, but he never goes to Vishnal room :<
Unfortunately, it's random. To make it easier to check, bring Leon and Dylas in your party and go to bed. If they both leave in the morning and Leon heads to Vishnal's room, you've triggered it.

Regarding the mini-events, I translated the list from the Japanese wiki:
Spoiler:
- Margaret - Flower Shop: stopping Illuminata from investigating you
- Amber - Flower Shop: writing your name on the sign (you're not married / not dating)
- Forte - Outside the gate: petting the apple monster
- Forte - West district: talking about what she wants to protect
- Dolce - Clinic: opening a bottle lid
- Dolce - Clinic: trying on the clothes she made
- Xiao Pai - Inn: tripping while running towards you
- Xiao Pai - Inn: tripping again at the same place
- Clorica - Melody Street: falling asleep on your shoulder
- Clorica - Butlers' room: having tea and apple pie

- Vishnal - West district: guiding & misunderstanding
- Dylas - Plaza: chasing away a flirt
- Dylas - Restaurant: learning to cook
- Arthur - In front of the restaurant: convincing him to rest
- Arthur - Arthur's office: asking you to put on glasses
- Arthur - Arthur's office: inviting you for tea
- Kiel - Melody Street: asking about your favorite color
- Doug - Melody Street: thinking about marriage (you're not married / not dating)
- Leon - Restaurant: teaching you the ancient language (must have talked to Kiel beforehand)
I haven't seen ALL of them myself, so I can only confirm some. Feel free to correct if you've seen them and spot any mistake.
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

thank you miku for the tips! i will try it later :D

just finished some event, maybe i can make some walkthrough

A Performance Without An Audience
Spoiler:
-Talk to Dolce, and she wants you to invite Margaret to Obsidian Mansion Theater
-Find Margaret, and go to Obsidian Mansion from Selphia Dragon Lake
-See some event, and Dolce ask both of you search music notes in Mansion
-Go deep inside to mansion, you will see some events
-After you found a music notes near a portrait (after see some event again_, come back to Dolce, and see the event (...my feels ;_;)
A Favor Repaid
Spoiler:
I dont know how to trigger it, i just talk to Porcoline 2 days before his birthday
-Talk to Porcoline
-Find Margaret, and she ask you to make Porcoline busy
-Find Porcoline again, go to Yokmir Forest
-Next day, search Margaret again, and Margaret will join you to search Porcoline
-Go to Yokmir Forest
-Dylas, and Arthur will spawn
-Watch the events

Reward: Some foods (i just remember Raisin Bread lol)
Shiny Memories
Spoiler:
-Found bird nest in your roof
-Find Blossom
-Next day find Xiao Pai at Hotel
-Next day find Arthur at his office
-Next day find Blossom in Grocery, the event happens
-Chase Doug to Selphia Town Square, and talk to Doug
-and event again
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote: Man, Frey is so shippable with all the girls, but Meg has a crush on Frey, that's canon. I'd sprite swap but the character would still be referred to as the other gender and that turns me off. :/

Oh, awesome!!! I hope you like Doug as a bf! You know I do. XD Even more as a hubby and as a dad. I'm happy he grew on you. Imo, he's the character that goes through most development in the story.
Yea the whole referring to you as the original gender bothers me too :/ Haha yes Meg's crush on Frey is TOTALLY canon. As is Doug/Dylas' 'rivalry' *coughcoughlovecoughcough* Reasons why I love Rune Factory: subtext-might-as-well-be-text, basically canon same-« Chicken Hugging » ships

Doug's only on 5 LP (stuffing him full of rice dishes as we speak) and already he's grown quite a bit. You're right, he does have a lot of character development. I'm interested to see what he's like as a bf! But I already have 2 bfs, so it'll probably be a while before he'll accept me :roll:

EDIT: I just triggered "Part Time Job at the Inn." It starts when you speak to Kiel in the morning and he mentions he would like extra money and is searching for a part time job. Go to the inn to see a scene between Xiaopai and Lin Fa about attracting more customers. I'll update again with a mini-guide once I finish the event :lala:
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:
runefactor wrote: Man, Frey is so shippable with all the girls, but Meg has a crush on Frey, that's canon. I'd sprite swap but the character would still be referred to as the other gender and that turns me off. :/

Yea the whole referring to you as the original gender bothers me too :/ Haha yes Meg's crush on Frey is TOTALLY canon. As is Doug/Dylas' 'rivalry' *coughcoughlovecoughcough* Reasons why I love Rune Factory: subtext-might-as-well-be-text, basically canon same-« Chicken Hugging » ships
This
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Finished "Part Time Job at the Inn!"

Mini Guide:
Spoiler:
Day 1 - Talk to Kiel in the morning. He will mention he wants extra money and is searching for a job. Go to the inn to see a scene between Xiaopai and Lin Fa about attracting customers.
Day 2 - Talk to Kiel and Xiaopai when they are in front of the inn, watch scene. Follow Kiel to Doug (in front of general store), watch scene. Follow Kiel to Illuminata (in front of flower shop), watch scene. Follow Kiel to the plaza, watch scene with Forte. Head back to the inn and talk to Kiel outside the inn. Go into the inn and talk to Xiaopai. Wait for Illuminata and Doug to enter the baths and watch the scene. Go outside and see the scene with Xiaopai and Kiel. Talk to both afterwards.
Complete!
This was a pretty short one, but it's extremely entertaining :lol:
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ok, updated again. :3

Thanks for the list miku chan! The only mistake I've found (and corrected) was that Leon's event is on Arthur's office and not the restaurant.

Thanks for the three guides SakunoHaru! The Performance event also hit me very hard in the feels.

And thank you for another guide, Rach! Yeah, that one was short and sweet. ^^

You're all great help!
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

what exactly do the mini-sub events do? i mean, i have triggered a few, like dylas chasing away the flirt and forte and the pomme, but are they required for marriage, or do they raise lp?
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rainydaze wrote:what exactly do the mini-sub events do? i mean, i have triggered a few, like dylas chasing away the flirt and forte and the pomme, but are they required for marriage, or do they raise lp?
They don't do anything.
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote:
rainydaze wrote:what exactly do the mini-sub events do? i mean, i have triggered a few, like dylas chasing away the flirt and forte and the pomme, but are they required for marriage, or do they raise lp?
They don't do anything.
so they are just cutsie little things then for the players benefit?