Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 18, 2018 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jan 14, 2014 8:50 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1149

Offline
*LaI* wrote:
LeBurns wrote:
I have a random event where Blossom wants me to kill a Red in Autumn Road.

I used the Wiki to find the exact location, but I've farmed that area for two days now and still no Red. Is there some trick to get the Red to appear?

Thanks.


Keep entering and exiting until you see a monster gate. Then wait if it's not there already, that gate spawns red and palm cat.


I saw the gate once in two days of trying, but my green fae knocked it out before it could spawn anything else. I'll go it solo and look for a gate. Thanks.
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2014 10:15 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Hi. I feel like I'm just totally oblivious, but I can't seem to properly activate Doug's Secret? I did the soft reset technique with him in my party until he talked about how he had to go, etc etc. So I went to the general store to talk to him and Blossom and all, he says some dialogue about how "Granny often tells me, I want someone to help us," yada yada. Then Blossom talks about how Doug hasn't given her many details about his life beforehand. Is this even the event? When I "hang around the general store" as the guide says, Doug just walks to the restaurant and no event is prompted. :shifty:
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2014 8:26 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Hi. I feel like I'm just totally oblivious, but I can't seem to properly activate Doug's Secret? I did the soft reset technique with him in my party until he talked about how he had to go, etc etc. So I went to the general store to talk to him and Blossom and all, he says some dialogue about how "Granny often tells me, I want someone to help us," yada yada. Then Blossom talks about how Doug hasn't given her many details about his life beforehand. Is this even the event? When I "hang around the general store" as the guide says, Doug just walks to the restaurant and no event is prompted. :shifty:

idk if it`s the event but when you go to your diary to save if there`s a "town events" option then you`ve activated an event, click on it to see the name
 
Reply with quote  
Azellia
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2014 3:05 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 212

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Hi. I feel like I'm just totally oblivious, but I can't seem to properly activate Doug's Secret? I did the soft reset technique with him in my party until he talked about how he had to go, etc etc. So I went to the general store to talk to him and Blossom and all, he says some dialogue about how "Granny often tells me, I want someone to help us," yada yada. Then Blossom talks about how Doug hasn't given her many details about his life beforehand. Is this even the event? When I "hang around the general store" as the guide says, Doug just walks to the restaurant and no event is prompted. :shifty:


That's just regular Doug dialogue. I got it once I started dating him, but I'm not sure if it's date-centered. It is not the event. You'll know the event's triggered when Blossom tells you Doug's been going out at night. She'll ask you directly to check up on him for her.

Doug is involved in a huge majority of Town Events, though, so if you trigger something with him it's very likely it's something else. You'll just have to keep trying the soft-reset/sleeping trick until you get the event you want.
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2014 10:15 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1149

Offline
Marriage Events.

I've seen all but Meg's. Ironically Meg is my top pick to marry (I'm waiting to see her event before my final call). I have her hearts at 15+ and we've dated many times. For some reason I just can't get her event. Since I've seen about everything else I'm getting sleep over events and such. Is there some limit to how may marriage events you can see?

I know there was some process to go about getting the correct event, but I never thought about doing it before. But now, I just want my next event to be Meg's so I can go ahead and get married to someone and get the family going. How would this process work exactly? I think I read you have to sleep with someone in your party? I've never actually done that before.
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
LeBurns wrote:
Marriage Events.

I've seen all but Meg's. Ironically Meg is my top pick to marry (I'm waiting to see her event before my final call). I have her hearts at 15+ and we've dated many times. For some reason I just can't get her event. Since I've seen about everything else I'm getting sleep over events and such. Is there some limit to how may marriage events you can see?

I know there was some process to go about getting the correct event, but I never thought about doing it before. But now, I just want my next event to be Meg's so I can go ahead and get married to someone and get the family going. How would this process work exactly? I think I read you have to sleep with someone in your party? I've never actually done that before.

what you do is sleep with the character that's in the event in your party, sleep over and over again, if they leave, then you've activated an event with them in it, but if they dont leave after so many times then you may have activated a different event, so check and either reload or finish that event, then try again, if you get too many sleepover events then just lower Doug/Meg's FP to 0 and you'll stop getting them, who you lower depends who you talk to, to activate the event(I once got a sleepover event every single day, I was never able to do anything else, I dont think there's a limit, I've seen them all but over numerous files, I saw 5 in a single file though)
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2014 10:29 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1149

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
LeBurns wrote:
Marriage Events.

I've seen all but Meg's. Ironically Meg is my top pick to marry (I'm waiting to see her event before my final call). I have her hearts at 15+ and we've dated many times. For some reason I just can't get her event. Since I've seen about everything else I'm getting sleep over events and such. Is there some limit to how may marriage events you can see?

I know there was some process to go about getting the correct event, but I never thought about doing it before. But now, I just want my next event to be Meg's so I can go ahead and get married to someone and get the family going. How would this process work exactly? I think I read you have to sleep with someone in your party? I've never actually done that before.

what you do is sleep with the character that's in the event in your party, sleep over and over again, if they leave, then you've activated an event with them in it, but if they dont leave after so many times then you may have activated a different event, so check and either reload or finish that event, then try again, if you get too many sleepover events then just lower Doug/Meg's FP to 0 and you'll stop getting them, who you lower depends who you talk to, to activate the event(I once got a sleepover event every single day, I was never able to do anything else, I dont think there's a limit, I've seen them all but over numerous files, I saw 5 in a single file though)


Well I have everyone's FP at 8 or higher. Really don't want to lower anyone's since I still haven't done that request to get all the townspeople's FP to 10.

I've had three sleepovers. Don't recall what the first one talked about. In the second one we talked about Forte's chest (Doug's a perv). In the third we just didn't let Kiel sleep.
 
Reply with quote  
mingzhu
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2014 11:32 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Posts: 175

Offline
Hnngh. My game seems intent on getting me to marry Arthur. I've seen most of the events involving him by now. Eyeglasses, Physical, etc.

And have yet to see Dylas' Smile Practice, not even seen the one with the playboy, or Eternal Rivals with Doug. I even triggered what seems to be sub-events for the bachelorettes and I'm playing Frey..

...RNG... -_- ; Er.. let's see. I'm only dating Dylas. He's at 10LP and I've finished the 2nd Arc.

Anyhow... Hi.. I just want to clarify some things about town events. These are what I've gathered from guides all over and just wanted to verify some things. Any help is much appreciated ^^

Town Events will not happen on:
- Festivals and Birthdays. (Confirmed)
- A day before festival and birthday?
- Typhoon/Blizzard Day?
- During heavy rains?
- After you progress story event, on that same day?

Only one Town Event can be active at a time?

Town Event Days are predetermined but what happens on that day is not until 6:00AM? So this is how some people use the soft reset method to get their event to trigger on that day. Yet.. also heard that sometimes no Town Event will be activated during the supposed Town Event Day?

Hmm... What are those events where everyone starts talking about the same thing?

Like for example, one day they all start talking about the bath? And another time about Volkanon winning some butler award. I've talked to everyone, and roamed the village and shops twice over... nothing unusual or anything that triggers or change of dialogue other than about that same topic.


Actually sometime when Dylas was at 5LP earlier on, I think he mentioned smiling in his dialogue. And he attempted to and wore that evil smirk and Frey said he looked kind of creepy/scary. I somewhat expected the Smile Event to trigger but... nothing happened. I initially thought it was a flag for getting Smile Practice to trigger. :c It's not how it happened in the youtube video I saw so.. it's just a normal dialogue... I think?

...Or did I mess up somehow and I have no choice but to reset my game if I want to marry Dylas.. T___Tll
 
Reply with quote  
rachellion
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2014 5:27 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1540

Offline
mingzhu wrote:
Anyhow... Hi.. I just want to clarify some things about town events. These are what I've gathered from guides all over and just wanted to verify some things. Any help is much appreciated ^^

Town Events will not happen on:
- Festivals and Birthdays. (Confirmed)
- A day before festival and birthday?
- Typhoon/Blizzard Day?
- During heavy rains?
- After you progress story event, on that same day?

Only one Town Event can be active at a time?

Town Event Days are predetermined but what happens on that day is not until 6:00AM? So this is how some people use the soft reset method to get their event to trigger on that day. Yet.. also heard that sometimes no Town Event will be activated during the supposed Town Event Day?

Hmm... What are those events where everyone starts talking about the same thing?

Like for example, one day they all start talking about the bath? And another time about Volkanon winning some butler award. I've talked to everyone, and roamed the village and shops twice over... nothing unusual or anything that triggers or change of dialogue other than about that same topic.


Actually sometime when Dylas was at 5LP earlier on, I think he mentioned smiling in his dialogue. And he attempted to and wore that evil smirk and Frey said he looked kind of creepy/scary. I somewhat expected the Smile Event to trigger but... nothing happened. I initially thought it was a flag for getting Smile Practice to trigger. :c It's not how it happened in the youtube video I saw so.. it's just a normal dialogue... I think?

...Or did I mess up somehow and I have no choice but to reset my game if I want to marry Dylas.. T___Tll

I can answer a few of your questions. Only one Town Event can be active at a time. I have had town events trigger the day before a festival, on blizzard/typhoon/raining days, and after a story event (unless it's Memories, in which case no). I do not know much about 'Town Event Days,' what I do know is that if you save before a free day, sleep and then talk to everyone, if you don't get anything you can soft reset and keep trying until an event comes up. It's pretty random. Some days seem to be better at triggering than others.

The events where everyone talks about the same thing aren't really events per se - they're more like random gossip. It happens periodically - they'll all talk about baths or Forte's cookies or whatever. It's just more dialogue to keep the game feeling fresh. You've only activated a Town Event if it shows up in the diary log as a Town Event.

What you saw with Dylas is normal dialogue. No worries, you can still trigger Smile Practice. Keep trying!
 
Reply with quote  
*LaI*
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1316

Offline
rachellion wrote:
I do not know much about 'Town Event Days,' what I do know is that if you save before a free day, sleep and then talk to everyone, if you don't get anything you can soft reset and keep trying until an event comes up. It's pretty random. Some days seem to be better at triggering than others.


Has this happen to you? Pick a random day and then have an event by sleep/resetting?

No offense, but I consider the whole 'fixed day for events' as more than confirmed. I've slept for days, resetting a couple times and I always get events the same day (even typhoons and runey days don't change if I sleep for a month). The only thing random is which event it is.
 
Reply with quote  
mingzhu
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Posts: 175

Offline
Thanks! ^_^ Fwaa, that's a relief. I'm Level 149 and not really willing to start back from scratch >w<

I have a clearer picture now of what to expect. Just recently one of Dylas' triggered. It wasn't the Smile Practice one but it was a start.

About those days when there's town gossip, do events have a chance at occurring in those? And are they recurring or you can only see that particular gossip once?
 
Reply with quote  
Azellia
Post Posted: Jan 23, 2014 5:56 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 212

Offline
mingzhu wrote:
Thanks! ^_^ Fwaa, that's a relief. I'm Level 149 and not really willing to start back from scratch >w<

I have a clearer picture now of what to expect. Just recently one of Dylas' triggered. It wasn't the Smile Practice one but it was a start.

About those days when there's town gossip, do events have a chance at occurring in those? And are they recurring or you can only see that particular gossip once?


'Town gossip' days are reoccurring, so you can see any particular one over again.
And I'm pretty sure you can still trigger events during them. I remember triggering 'Shiny Memories' on my recent file on what I assume to be the airship event gossip day.
 
Reply with quote  
ivanity
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2014 5:15 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

User avatar
Posts: 460

Offline
mingzhu wrote:
Town Events will not happen on:
- Festivals and Birthdays. (Confirmed)
- A day before festival and birthday?
- Typhoon/Blizzard Day?
- During heavy rains?
- After you progress story event, on that same day?

Is it confirmed that they dont trigger on the day before a festival?? I am almost positive that I just triggered an event the day before the fish frenzy....
 
Reply with quote  
rachellion
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2014 6:29 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1540

Offline
*LaI* wrote:
Has this happen to you? Pick a random day and then have an event by sleep/resetting?

No offense, but I consider the whole 'fixed day for events' as more than confirmed. I've slept for days, resetting a couple times and I always get events the same day (even typhoons and runey days don't change if I sleep for a month). The only thing random is which event it is.

When I played it kind of shifted sometimes? Like certain days would have events, but I wouldn't know which day until I skipped ahead a bit. Sometimes while soft resetting I'd get an event the day before the 'fixed day' too. It seemed mostly random and based on luck to me. Good to know there are fixed days for events, that will make soft resetting easier~
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Jan 24, 2014 10:09 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1149

Offline
LeBurns wrote:
Marriage Events.

I've seen all but Meg's. Ironically Meg is my top pick to marry (I'm waiting to see her event before my final call). I have her hearts at 15+ and we've dated many times. For some reason I just can't get her event. Since I've seen about everything else I'm getting sleep over events and such. Is there some limit to how may marriage events you can see?

I know there was some process to go about getting the correct event, but I never thought about doing it before. But now, I just want my next event to be Meg's so I can go ahead and get married to someone and get the family going. How would this process work exactly? I think I read you have to sleep with someone in your party? I've never actually done that before.


Dang I just got the event "A Favor Repaid". I had no idea it was a precursor to marrying Meg. Well finally after this I'll get Meg's final marriage event. Mystery solved.
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group