Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
ShiniSnowDemon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

as soon as I think I caught everything, bam! I catch something new..... the different kinds of fish I found are crazy @-@ though a lot of them are so rare that in the past 2-3 game days I only found one or two of them, and the last 1-2 game days I just spent going back and forth looking for light colored and big fish, since I`d already caught all the normal fish

Summer Spring
Spoiler:
Shrimp
Char
Girella
Chub
Mackerel
Rainbow trout - large shadow
Crucian Carp
Lobster
Sardine
Yellowtail, large fish, light colored
Throbby Snapper, lighter
Sunsquid, lighter
Tuna, lighter, large
Gibelio
Glitter Snapper, large, light
Lamp Squid, lighter
EDIT: make sure you get this cuz I`m editing, first of all I found a lobster in selphia lake winter so that can be added, also here`s a new location that I have so far
Autumn Spring
Spoiler:
Girella
Sardine
Skipjack
Turbot
Chub
Snapper
Fall Flounder - light
Crucian Carp
Tuna - large light
Taimen - huge light
Glitter Snapper - light
Throbby Snapper - light
Lamp Squid - light
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:as soon as I think I caught everything, bam! I catch something new..... the different kinds of fish I found are crazy @-@ though a lot of them are so rare that in the past 2-3 game days I only found one or two of them, and the last 1-2 game days I just spent going back and forth looking for light colored and big fish, since I`d already caught all the normal fish

EDIT: make sure you get this cuz I`m editing, first of all I found a lobster in selphia lake winter so that can be added, also here`s a new location that I have so far
Added everything. What do you think I should do for the lighter silhouette fish? Maybe I'll but a * by the fish's name.
ShiniSnowDemon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:Added everything. What do you think I should do for the lighter silhouette fish? Maybe I'll but a * by the fish's name.
you could do that, or just put a dash then say light, though you can do whatever, and I`ve been busy so I haven`t had the chance to check out more locations yet >_< I ended up typing out the dialogue from everyone from the mood reversal medicine event, it took forever! it`s on page 16 of the dialogue thread if you wanna see it, I also went and made my image, but now I`m finally free and I can fish again! xD I might wait till after I log a bunch of fish locations to do my new game+, I wont be able to get the later places if I do it too soon
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just caught a Sardine in Autumn Spring.
ShiniSnowDemon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

well I`ve been fishing in Autumn River all day and I haven`t found anything new in forever so I guess this is it
Spoiler:
Tuna, large light
Chub
Taimen, large light
Sunsquid, light
Glitter Snapper, light large
Skipjack
Yellowtail, large light
gonna switch location now, I also need a new list to fish at ^^; actually it`s spring now so I`ll work on a Selphia Lake spring list
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:well I`ve been fishing in Autumn River all day and I haven`t found anything new in forever so I guess this is it
gonna switch location now, I also need a new list to fish at ^^; actually it`s spring now so I`ll work on a Selphia Lake spring list
Added the info. I will be updating the guide with the lighter shadows probably tomorrow.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I managed to catch a throbby snapper in Idra Cave B1, but it was a random miracle.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have the Winter Squid contest coming up next day. Where is the best place to just catch squid in the Winter?

Thanks.
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:I have the Winter Squid contest coming up next day. Where is the best place to just catch squid in the Winter?

Thanks.
Go to Idra Cave B2. One of the ponds has a high catch rate of Squid.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:
LeBurns wrote:I have the Winter Squid contest coming up next day. Where is the best place to just catch squid in the Winter?

Thanks.
Go to Idra Cave B2. One of the ponds has a high catch rate of Squid.
Really? I know there is one that (at least I think it was there) that is full of shrimp. I'll have to check it out again for squid. I still have about 5 hours before the contest day starts. Thanks.
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Really? I know there is one that (at least I think it was there) that is full of shrimp. I'll have to check it out again for squid. I still have about 5 hours before the contest day starts. Thanks.
There's also a pond specifically for squid. I think it might be the one that's hard to get to. Can't confirm if it actually is that one since I've never been able to get there.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:
LeBurns wrote:Really? I know there is one that (at least I think it was there) that is full of shrimp. I'll have to check it out again for squid. I still have about 5 hours before the contest day starts. Thanks.
There's also a pond specifically for squid. I think it might be the one that's hard to get to. Can't confirm if it actually is that one since I've never been able to get there.
Found it. It was harder to get to because of that pillar, but I got it. Caught 18 squid. Blew the contest out of the water.

Question: If I upgrade a pole with a Legendary Scale, will it be more apt to catch Legendary Scales? I need a few and Raven is never selling what I need so I don't know if I do get the 'one' if I should sell it and hope that Raven gets it or craft it into a pole and hope to catch more.
ShiniSnowDemon
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Found it. It was harder to get to because of that pillar, but I got it. Caught 18 squid. Blew the contest out of the water.

Question: If I upgrade a pole with a Legendary Scale, will it be more apt to catch Legendary Scales? I need a few and Raven is never selling what I need so I don't know if I do get the 'one' if I should sell it and hope that Raven gets it or craft it into a pole and hope to catch more.
I know she does sell them, I think I saw Arthur sell them too, I'm not sure about the scale upgrading though xP you can always just save, sell it, then time skip too see if they do sell them at your point in the game, you can always reset to before you sold it afterwards
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
LeBurns wrote:Found it. It was harder to get to because of that pillar, but I got it. Caught 18 squid. Blew the contest out of the water.

I know she does sell them, I think I saw Arthur sell them too, I'm not sure about the scale upgrading though xP you can always just save, sell it, then time skip too see if they do sell them at your point in the game, you can always reset to before you sold it afterwards
What? Arthur sells things? Like what? I thought he just had some sort of stock market thing going so I never bothered with it since I could never get him to properly explain it to me.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:What? Arthur sells things? Like what? I thought he just had some sort of stock market thing going so I never bothered with it since I could never get him to properly explain it to me.
Arthur sells a bit of everything. Weapons/armor (even ones you haven't made before), spells, vegetables, food, fish...

Even withered grass, lumber and material stones on rare occasions. I don't remember him selling monster drops, though.