Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 24, 2020 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
fourside
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 4:58 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
I`m planning on going fishing crazy to try to get some gold trophies for them, any location I should test for fish? I`ll start anywhere, my fishing level is 115 right now and I have the sacred pole

also I`ve found both a legendary scale while fishing and a dragon fin o.O I think the fin was to the east of the clinic, I know the scale was normal just very rare but the fin I didn`t expect at all, I`m also at the end of fall(on the crop festival)
Anything you find will be helpful! If you want particulars, Summer Spring, Autumn River, Autumn Spring, Yokmir Forest, and Sercerezo Lake are missing quite a bit. Take your pick. :lol: If you do any fishing in Selphia, please take note of the season. Thanks for the help! Again, fish wherever you like. You can even just write what you caught and where and leave the sorting to me. And please either PM me or put it all in a spoiler tag. I don't want to clutter up the thread too much.
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
well my first night of data gathering and I got how I`m gonna work set up, it`s not much since I`ve only been doing It for less then two hours but so far I got this

Yokmir Forest - Waterfall
Spoiler:
Blowfish - 1% (I recall it being lighter then the fish around it)
Char - 18%
Cherry Salmon - 22%
Chub - 10%
Crucian Carp - 19%
Gibelio - 11%
Rainbow Trout - 8% (though it`s always a large fish, you could just go back and forth between rooms till you see it)
Rare Can - 1%
Round Stone 10%

that`s all based on the data gathered by catching 100 fish, if I went to 200 it might give a different percentage but that`s the basis so far, if having the percentages help then I can spend more time finding the percentages for other places too, I`m keeping the data so I can continue a location at a later date if we want to get a more accurate percentage, I`ve also gotten some new records from those 100 fish too =D idk if I got a gold trophy or not but every new record counts
 
Reply with quote  
Leixan
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 7:13 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I just caught two Fall Flounder, a Sardine, and a Snapper at the Autumn River. The Fall Flounder's shadows were lighter than the other fish shadows.

I've also caught Glitter Snapper, Legendary Scale, and Dragon Fin in those little ponds directly outside the Selphia city gates; I'm not entirely sure where that's classified. Also, the Dragon Fin's shadow was ENORMOUS.



tl;dr

Autumn River:
> Fall Flounder
> Snapper
> Sardine

Selphia Gates:
> Glitter Snapper
> Legendary Scale
> Dragon Fin
 
Reply with quote  
fourside
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 7:47 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
that`s all based on the data gathered by catching 100 fish, if I went to 200 it might give a different percentage but that`s the basis so far, if having the percentages help then I can spend more time finding the percentages for other places too, I`m keeping the data so I can continue a location at a later date if we want to get a more accurate percentage, I`ve also gotten some new records from those 100 fish too =D idk if I got a gold trophy or not but every new record counts
No need to do percentages. I wouldn't want you to overwork/bore yourself while playing a game. I don't plan on including percentages anyways since it's very time consuming data to collect (we're talking thousands and thousands of fish to catch). I'll only be including which fish are rare (lighter shadow, huge shadow, etc.) Thanks for the offer and info though!
Leixan wrote:
I just caught two Fall Flounder, a Sardine, and a Snapper at the Autumn River. The Fall Flounder's shadows were lighter than the other fish shadows.

I've also caught Glitter Snapper, Legendary Scale, and Dragon Fin in those little ponds directly outside the Selphia city gates; I'm not entirely sure where that's classified. Also, the Dragon Fin's shadow was ENORMOUS.
Thanks! I think Legendary Scales and Dragon Fins can be caught anywhere, but I haven't confirmed that yet. I'll just add what you have confirmed. I put non-fish items in "Other".
 
Reply with quote  
Leixan
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Oh, right after I posted that last message, I caught a Throbby Snapper and a Lamp Squid at the Autumn River as well. xD

Yay for bad timing.

i am loving this list seriously you are awesome :heart:
 
Reply with quote  
fourside
Post Posted: Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
Leixan wrote:
Oh, right after I posted that last message, I caught a Throbby Snapper and a Lamp Squid at the Autumn River as well. xD

Yay for bad timing.

i am loving this list seriously you are awesome :heart:
No need to thank me! :) A lot of this information came from other Ushians like you. I'm just the compiler. Though I have added a lot of my own research to it. If anything, I should be thanking you for helping make it possible for me to make a guide to help you. That's confusing, but it's the truth! Anyways, glad it's helping you! :lala:
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 4:11 am 
Anonymous Fish

fourside wrote:
No need to do percentages. I wouldn't want you to overwork/bore yourself while playing a game. I don't plan on including percentages anyways since it's very time consuming data to collect (we're talking thousands and thousands of fish to catch). I'll only be including which fish are rare (lighter shadow, huge shadow, etc.) Thanks for the offer and info though!


I honestly have nothing better to do, I dont really have much of a life ^^; I`ll do some so we can get a better idea of how often fish are found, though without doing thousands it might not be 100% accurate, also I only really get bored of games when I run out things to do or if my goal is too far out of reach, with golden trophies still to get it`ll be a while(and that vacation house), ToD only lasted two weeks before I stopped playing, RF4 has so far lasted over a month, so it looks promising, my HM ANB had 270+ hours of gameplay before I stopped and RF4 is at 230 right now, plus RF4 is like 10 times better then the HM game, I still need that get to level 1000 trophy I think I remember hearing about =w= I`m at 350+

I`ll keep the data I find and post it when I`ve gathered enough, I think 300 fish would be something I could easily catch before I`d want to switch location, even having an approximate would help, I wanted to fish some more shrimp but I have no idea which shrimp location would have more or less shrimp, so close can be better then nothing in some cases(before I had the chance to fish I remembered I could buy it...)
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 4:14 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
that`s me up there..... it`s annoying how you can post even if you`re not logged in.... maybe that box for keeping me online might be handy.....
 
Reply with quote  
rice0319
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 368

Offline
You can also fish out Legendary Scale in the Keeno Lake. I just fish out one on the fish day of fall.
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
updated info! I found more stuff while fishing today, including a fish not listed for Yokmir Forest on the first post

Yokmir Forest - Waterfall
Spoiler:
Cherry Salmon - very common
Crucian Carp
Gibelio
Char
Round Stone
Chub
Rainbow Trout - always large shadow
Blowfish - rare
Taimen - very rare - huge shadow

I might switch to Selphia Lake and record it for the season I`m in, I might drop the percentages xP

EDIT: first thing I catch after switching to the lake is a legendary scale :o it`s winter now

I`ll put new info under here as I edit, I wont make dozens of edit notes as I edit @-@ trust me I can edit a post like half a dozen times, I`m checking the first page so these ones will be new as of when I edit the post

Spoiler:
Selphia Lake - Winter
Cherry Salmon
Lamp Squid
Sunsquid in winter
Flounder
Sardine
Gibelio
Needlefish
Mackerel in winter
Chub

Sercerezo Lake
Squid
Turbot
Needlefish
Gibelio
Throbby Snapper - large shadow
Chub
Rainbow Trout - large shadow
Char
Flounder


Last edited by ShiniSnowDemon on Nov 06, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
 
Reply with quote  
pdrydia
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 2:51 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Posts: 10

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
also I`ve found both a legendary scale while fishing and a dragon fin o.O I think the fin was to the east of the clinic, I know the scale was normal just very rare but the fin I didn`t expect at all, I`m also at the end of fall(on the crop festival)

Legendary Scale can also be fished up on Maya Road, I caught 2 there. I also caught one in Dragon Lake (Selphia's lake)...don't remember the season, I think it was winter maybe? I remember the shadow was tiny and faint.

The Dragon Fin can be fished up from the Spring Spring (Sercerezo Hill). Like Leixan said, its shadow is HUGE, biggest I've seen (even bigger than Taimen's).
 
Reply with quote  
fourside
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 4:44 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
I think it's safe to say that the Legendary Scale can be fished up anywhere. I'm still thinking that the Dragon Fin can be too, but I'm not completely sure.

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
I`ll put new info under here as I edit, I wont make dozens of edit notes as I edit @-@ trust me I can edit a post like half a dozen times, I`m checking the first page so these ones will be new as of when I edit the post
Your research has been very helpful! Thanks to your work, I've practically doubled the size of the guide. :heart:
 
Reply with quote  
ShiniSnowDemon
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 5:03 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 347

Offline
fourside wrote:
Your research has been very helpful! Thanks to your work, I've practically doubled the size of the guide. :heart:

awesome! I have some more but I seriously went and clicked "edit" for every fish I added @-@ so I`m gonna wait till either I finish going through the location enough or till I finish for the night, there might be a few super rares left but I think I`ve been getting most of the normal rares and commoner ones

and is it just me or does the rare can look like a coke can? :|
 
Reply with quote  
pdrydia
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 5:51 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Posts: 10

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
and is it just me or does the rare can look like a coke can? :|
Absolutely. And I imagine the Legendary Scale is a reference to Legend of the River King. :3

I did a "fill the backpack with fishies" run for Selphia Dragon Lake, Spring. Here are the ones I don't currently see on the OP.
Spoiler:
Char
Cherry Salmon
Lamp Squid
Masu Trout
Needlefish
Sardine
Snapper
Throbby Snapper
Turbot
 
Reply with quote  
fourside
Post Posted: Nov 06, 2013 5:55 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
awesome! I have some more but I seriously went and clicked "edit" for every fish I added @-@ so I`m gonna wait till either I finish going through the location enough or till I finish for the night, there might be a few super rares left but I think I`ve been getting most of the normal rares and commoner ones

and is it just me or does the rare can look like a coke can? :|
It's not just you. It totally looks like a Coke can. And that sounds great! You don't have to add things right away. When I do my research, I just take notes on paper while I'm fishing and add it all when I'm done.
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group