Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon
https://fogu.com/hmforum/

Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide
https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=160367
Page 6 of 7

Author:  ShiniSnowDemon [ Dec 15, 2013 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

here`s an idea, lets try to find out how to get the gold trophies! getting those gold trophies are such a pain, I know it`s based on the size of the fish you catch and not the level, someone also said that after they caught a single fish it went from bronze to gold, so it must be size, we gotta find out the sizes!

these are my gold fishie trophies and the sizes I have, I looked up some other stats and edited these so it shows the smallest max and biggest min we know of
Spoiler:
Mackerel: max-50.0cm, min-30.0cm
Pike: max-39.2cm, min-25.0cm
Flounder: max-89.9cm, min-32.4cm
Crucian Carp: max-58.7cm, min-30.1cm
Cherry Salmon: max-39.8cm, min-30.0cm
Lobster: max-98.2cm, min-50.1cm
Squid: max-49.0cm, min-30.0cm
Sardine: max-30.0, min-10.0cm
Gibelio: max-29.7cm, min-15.0cm

these are fish I dont have the trophy for but found the gold sizes
Spoiler:
Pond Smelt: max-15.0cm, min-10.0cm


lets start fishing!

Author:  LeBurns [ Dec 16, 2013 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

Ok I just realized that there are 'lighter' fish shadows and that these are the more rare fish. What I have also noted is that even though I have the best pole now, I can't catch these things. I hit 'B' just as soon as the lure pops, but I always miss the fish. Is there some trick to catching these things? Or does my fishing skill just need to be higher? I just can't get these things.

Author:  ShiniSnowDemon [ Dec 16, 2013 6:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

LeBurns wrote:
Ok I just realized that there are 'lighter' fish shadows and that these are the more rare fish. What I have also noted is that even though I have the best pole now, I can't catch these things. I hit 'B' just as soon as the lure pops, but I always miss the fish. Is there some trick to catching these things? Or does my fishing skill just need to be higher? I just can't get these things.

could be skill, or just timing, I used to have a friend and we both had the same harvest moon game, she could never catch the rare fish, but that required clicking it alot and not just one click, also do you charge it when you cast? it might help

Author:  LeBurns [ Dec 16, 2013 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
LeBurns wrote:
Ok I just realized that there are 'lighter' fish shadows and that these are the more rare fish. What I have also noted is that even though I have the best pole now, I can't catch these things. I hit 'B' just as soon as the lure pops, but I always miss the fish. Is there some trick to catching these things? Or does my fishing skill just need to be higher? I just can't get these things.

could be skill, or just timing, I used to have a friend and we both had the same harvest moon game, she could never catch the rare fish, but that required clicking it alot and not just one click, also do you charge it when you cast? it might help


Charge? Dang never even thought of that. Thanks.

Author:  fourside [ Dec 16, 2013 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

ShiniSnowDemon wrote:
here`s an idea, lets try to find out how to get the gold trophies! getting those gold trophies are such a pain, I know it`s based on the size of the fish you catch and not the level, someone also said that after they caught a single fish it went from bronze to gold, so it must be size, we gotta find out the sizes
I'll have to try and figure out a way to add this in. I haven't been playing RF4 in quite a while, but it's probably time to jump back in and do some research. I've been kind of neglecting my guide since not many people seem to be playing the game anymore. :/

Author:  Kail-chan [ Dec 23, 2013 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

Silver Lake Throbby Snapper*

Author:  ladyfreckles [ Jan 03, 2014 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

So I'm on year 3 and Dylas keeps getting 30+ fish in the fishing frenzy contest. Even if I catch every fish I see at the castle gate, I max out at 22. Is it even possible to get 5 fish per hour?

Author:  fourside [ Jan 03, 2014 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

ladyfreckles wrote:
So I'm on year 3 and Dylas keeps getting 30+ fish in the fishing frenzy contest. Even if I catch every fish I see at the castle gate, I max out at 22. Is it even possible to get 5 fish per hour?
You could always try a different fishing spot. Try one of the lakes. They spawn more fish at a time than the castle gate does. Also, don't be afraid to fish from more than one spot. You're not confined to one area for the fishing contests.

It'll be a bit difficult since contests get really, really OP later into the game, but you could probably do it. I've never done it though...

Author:  ladyfreckles [ Jan 04, 2014 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

Thanks for the response. I think the max I could obtain would be about 28-29, but not 30+. The Spring pond was open that day, so I fished there. By some stroke of luck I managed to finally get a randomized number lower than 25 and beat it. It took awhile though. The odds are truly not in our favor during late-game fishing festivals. It's a conspiracy!

Author:  Viridisa [ Jan 06, 2014 5:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

If you're still working on figuring out what some of the gold trophies are. Here's the ones I have:

Char: 25.0-58.8 CM
Salmon: 60.0-98.2 CM
Squid: 30.0 CM-49.1 CM
Girella: 30 CM-49.5 CM
Sand Flounder: 99.9 CM-99.9 CM

The sand flounder one seems odd to me. Maybe it's just catching a really big one rather than the smallest and biggest (roughly)? I'm sure there are more than that size. I should go back to that area and fish later.

Thanks for the guide by the way! It made it so much easier when it was searching for specific fish for requests.

Author:  youroldpalritsu [ Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

fishing was beter in RF3. Better game though.

Author:  nightshades_malice [ Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

thank you for the assistance^^

Author:  Anonymous Fish [ Aug 20, 2014 5:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

I just cautgh a skipjack in the first spring of Idra Cave.

Author:  Meriberry [ Aug 20, 2014 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

I made a somewhat amusing discovery. If you save before going to talk to Volkanon about the fishing contest results, you can reload, and get different results. It helps.

Author:  clairefarronodin [ Oct 17, 2014 2:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rune Factory 4 Fishing Guide

I caught Lobster, Lampsquid and Throbby Snapper during summer in Selphia (Dragon Lake).

Page 6 of 7 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/