The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 25, 2020 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

pikachugirl
Post Posted: Nov 07, 2013 6:05 am 
Anonymous Fish

is this game worth the money and what versions the best and what do you do in it

StarlightDreams
Post Posted: Nov 07, 2013 6:33 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

No one can really determine if it's worth the money except yourself, but I personally think it is. It's a mix between an agricultural game and a dungeon crawler, and you can get married and have a kid, cook, forge weapons, learn magic, make medicine, armor, accessories, enter contests, and tame monsters. I've only played RF2 and RF4, but I think RF4 is the best. From what I've been reading on this site and others that discuss games, RF4 seems to be the most detailed among most RF games.

cami3368
Post Posted: Nov 07, 2013 7:05 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I have RF4 and it is worth every penny. I've been playing since Oct 11 for several hours every day. So much to do and I love it all. I am considering getting another copy to start a new file as this was my first RF game and I know now what to do from the start. I don't want to give up my progress on my current files, though and I don't want to mess up and accidentally save over my best file.

pikachugirl
Post Posted: Nov 07, 2013 9:53 am 
Anonymous Fish

thank you all for your replies i will use them and do more research on it i think im going to get it

Stephannoying
Post Posted: Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm 
Disabled: User Name Change

Do yourself a favor... :-|

GET THE GAME. LIVE IT & LOVE IT.

pdrydia
Post Posted: Nov 08, 2013 8:58 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Well, according to my stats I've put 350+ hours into Rune Factory 4...and I'm not done with it yet. I think that's worth the $40 I paid for it.

But it does depend on the kind of game you like. Rune Factory is part Harvest Moon, part action RPG, part monster catcher, part crafter. I like to do all the things, and it can be a bit grindy, even with the adjustable difficulty setting. It'd be a lot grindier on a harder difficulty setting. Also, the game doesn't really hold your hand too much -- it's super intricate in its details, and figuring out how certain aspects work takes trial and error, or referring to FAQs.