Compatibility fortune teller? Also - Dolce or Meg?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
marzipancakes
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

A. Does the compatibility thing have any merit? I'm dating Dolce and trying to also date Meg. Yesterday Dolce's compatibility was horrifying and Meg's was high, but today it's the opposite. Is there anything that actually determines these or is it kinda just for fun/random?

B. While we're at it...who do you prefer? I always research who I want to marry and I went in thinking Dolce but since playing I've found I also really like Meg. Gunna figure it out on my own of course, but just out of curiosity I'm wondering who's the favorite. I like how Dolce looks more but I think I like Meg's personality more.
Samurott
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

unfortunately, we are unable to answer your second question. It goes against the rules:
UNoT Rules wrote: If you don't have the ability to make your own decisions and must ask the other forum members who you should marry, what to name your cows, etc., the topic will be locked. The game's adventure is for you to decide and no one else
but I would go for Meg.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Samurott wrote:unfortunately, we are unable to answer your second question. It goes against the rules:
UNoT Rules wrote: If you don't have the ability to make your own decisions and must ask the other forum members who you should marry, what to name your cows, etc., the topic will be locked. The game's adventure is for you to decide and no one else
but I would go for Meg.
marzipancakes wrote:B. While we're at it...who do you prefer? I always research who I want to marry and I went in thinking Dolce but since playing I've found I also really like Meg. Gunna figure it out on my own of course, but just out of curiosity I'm wondering who's the favorite. I like how Dolce looks more but I think I like Meg's personality more.
I prefer Meg, but I ended up liking Dolce more then I expected. But, I like Meg more.
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure about the compatibility thing, really. I've heard it has some funny responses, though.

Dolce is my favorite as of now, so I prefer her. Meg is pretty far down for me (I don't DISLIKE her, I just like Clorica, Amber, and Forte better :'D)
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Someone suggested that the compatibility thing is how likely that person will be to say yes when you first ask them out.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kail-chan wrote:Someone suggested that the compatibility thing is how likely that person will be to say yes when you first ask them out.
I said that way back, but there was not enough evidence to conclude that for sure. So, consider that wrong, until someone can back that previous thought up.

For the most part, it just seems random/something fun.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I like them both. Meg is sweet, and Docle is rather entertaining.
delight
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Samurott wrote:unfortunately, we are unable to answer your second question. It goes against the rules:
but I would go for Meg.
This is a really silly rule, since tons of information has already been posted. Not much else to talk about.

I would go for Dolce, even though some of her sprites are kind of derpy looking and silly.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Meg. Fo' sho.
SHE'S SO SWEET AND CUTE
Though I like her better with Frey.

Also, I have no clue about the fortune teller. None.
Turnipz
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I think the compatibility thing is just for fun and possibly to get some more answers from the people you bring along :3

As for the bachelorettes, I think it's a really difficult decision. I'd probably prefer Meg though. To be honest, I was a little surprised when her description said she is bossy, nosy and humorless. She's very caring and overall warm-hearted.
gospellicea
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Out of the two, I definitely prefer Meg. I like Dolce, but something about her outfit just turns me off. Gotta say I agree with Starrynight28 as well - Meg/Frey is adorable. :P
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I feel like the compatibility thing is kind of similar to the hubba tester in Fire Emblem Awakening, which is that it doesn't add anything and it's just there to see dialogue with characters. I could be wrong about this, but that's how I've seen it, even on a high compatibility day, my character was still rejected by Vishnal so you know...

As for whom I like more... Meg, but that's simply because I have a friend a lot like her and she's a sweetypie. I haven't really traveled down the lovers route for female romantic interests however, so I'm not a very good judge on that situation.
marzipancakes
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

After dating them both for a while, I thiiiiiink I've decided on Meg. I thought I liked Dolce's personality, and I LOOOVE her dress aside from the goth elements, but I think the dealbreaker is when I told her I loved her after we were dating and she was basically like "I already know. No point in saying it anymore." Like...okay so I'm NEVER supposed to tell you I love you again?
And when I say it to Meg she gets all happy ^.^ She's just so cute and nice and I agree that she hasn't seemed bossy at all!