RF4 Question

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).

Which was your favorite RF ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Elix Kit
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So I am wondering if I should get RF4. I played the first two and I really liked the first one the second one I could played a lot but never got married.
So my question is should I get it. Does it have a good story and characters?
StorageKeeper
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

There's a lot more story content compared to the older games (3 arcs!) and the characters are much more interesting compared to the 1st and 2nd game as they always have something new to say. Not only that but there's a bunch of little town events that you can run into that add even more character to the uh, characters. The story itself is alright with some really sad moments in it also. :(

But yea, if you liked 1 and 2, you're going to love Rune Factory 4. Combat is much more faster and smoother and it doesn't take nearly as long to unlock things like forging or crafting compared to the older games and there's SO much to craft and forge also! Great game and a huge improvment compared to the older games.

Not that I hate the older games or anything, I really do like them. I just like 4 better. :)
Licorice
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory 4 is my favorite game, It is very worth buying. The dating mechanics have greatly improved and now feature going on dates and etc, Very exciting! The characters have a lot of development, very detailed and an actual pleasure to raise friendship levels with. They have personalities not bland like some previous characters, Flaws just like anyone else. The best bit of the game for me is how humorous the events and dialogue can be some days.

The story is massive (Three arcs!) and with all the events, and the Sharance maze to do as-well there is never a dull moment, The only thing which is a bit tedious is that you have to go through lots of requests to get new items for the shops, But in the end, The requests are more-or-less easy enough to do and if you screw up, You can always cancel. Combat is quite nice to do and flows easily enough, The new skills are quite handy aswell like the bartering one where you can run your own shop which is pretty neat and sells things for much higher the price. The only down point where I'm concerned is that there is pretty much no multiplayer but the game is fun enough without it.

The graphics have improved alot from previous games, and the dialogue is much more improved and vast..Overall I would recommend getting runefactory 4. It's a wonderful game with great characters and plot.
moonbox
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've played all of them and while the original will always be near and dear to my heart, Rune Factory 4 seems to be the best. Had some solid characters, which is always a big factor for me.
Pen
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

/sends nostalgia to the corner

RF4 is the best yet, imo. It has the best cast of characters who aren't (for the majority) one-dimensionally crazy (sorry RF3 I still love you) nor dull as spoons. The whole town is one cohesive unit with loads of entertaining events that have everyone interacting with each other and generally being ridiculous but sometimes very heartwarming. The romance feature has also been improved with an even amount of bachelors/bachelorettes and the dating system. Also no robot children.

The story is as solid as any other RF story. Honestly, I can't pick a favorite based on plot.

Then there's the in-depth skill system, the addicting crafting mechanics, the easy-yet-enjoyable combat encounters... I could talk about its good points all day. :p And oh my gosh, the dungeons. It finally topped RF1's. There's more than four, and they're all expansive and great. And there's tons of areas between the dungeons, too!

So yeah I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed any of the previous installments. ^^
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess those questions are kinda subjective, but imo yes, RF4 has a great story and awesome characters. Especially the characters part. :3 I think the poll makes ushi's general opinion on RF4 quite clear. XD