* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Robotkitty5848
Post Posted: Jan 08, 2016 3:07 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Being able to bring more party members? Even if it's only one more slot.

Anonnita
Post Posted: Jan 12, 2016 9:01 am 
Anonymous Fish

Ahhh~ quite honestly, I'm not incredibly picky as long as it resembles RF4, indisputably my favorite 3DS game, but here is my wishlist:

-optional gender for MCs
-maybe customizable MCs because I wasn't crazy about Frey's design
-keep town events as they are!
-elves and half-monster bachelors (yes, please!)
-maybe the "default race" can be elven or mercreature instead of human for once; that'd be a nice change of pace
-complex characters with fleshed-out backstories (that's what made me fall so hard for Leon)

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 13, 2016 9:19 am 
Anonymous Fish

I'd be set with Rune Factory 4 (features/character types/story arc styles etc) + new story + ability to edit character (like somebody else said, Frey's design was erm.... interesting.) and have child that looks like your spouse. Just imagine how adorable your kid would have been if it looked like Dylas, Doug, Leon or Dolce! (or any other character really but they're my favorites) Rival marriages would be nice too but I'd want them to not be like in Rune Factory 2 where if you married one of the girls who had set husband they'd marry Yue instead, it just made no sense for me that for example in my first file I married Dorothy so Barrett married Yue, like, do they even ever talk to each other? I'd also imagine that grumpypants like Barrett would get rather sick of Yue very fast. Actually I can't imagine any of the guys in that game marrying her at all. It bugged me so much that I soon just restarted the game and married Alicia instead so the other characters got to keep their husbands/wives. On topic of Rune Factory 2, it also irked me that the hair colors of everyone's children made no sense. Blue & pink might make purple on paint palette but that's not how genetics work and why was everyone else blond? Was Max secretly the father of every other child in the town?

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am 
Anonymous Fish

I want the bachelors and bachelorettes to marry amongst each other (kind of like rival marriages) after I get married because I really felt bad about dooming characters to die alone if I didn't choose them. Especially Leon. I always sort of warred between
Spoiler:
marrying Dylas or Leon because I liked them both, but Dylas sort of has a family with Porcoline and Arthur and Meg, but Leon doesn't really have anyone at all except for memories of Maria. He might like Forte or something, but she despises him, so...

Shut up, I don't get too attached to so many pixels on a screen.

Melody Muse
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2016 3:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I remember back when Neverland existed, one of the people on the team, I can't remember his position, said that amnesia was going to stay in the series because it makes it much easier to focus on the main plot and such. I totally agree, and even though at first amnesia in RF bothered me, I really like what RF has done with it. (Especially in RF4 and their into.)

Honestly, RF4 was just about the perfect RF for me, so besides some RNG changes, I wouldn't want too much changed or removed. Obviously I'd want same « Chicken Hugging » romance options, but at least we got portrait swap which helped a bit. I wouldn't mind another giant tree somewhere though. I loved the farm in RF3 because of that tree and I'm just a sucker for giant magical trees. I also loved how XSeed handled the translation, including how they addressed the mistakes or errors they missed, so I really would love for RF5 to exist just so that I can see how XSeed would learn from RF4 on translating RF5.

My main complaint in RF4 (plot spoilers)
Spoiler:
Is how Venti is basically sick the entire game, and that got really old for me fast. I would have enjoyed marrying/dating at my own pace but I wanted Venti to be better first

But I also would honestly be so happy if we got RF 1 remade and they updated the graphics and mechanics. I know we have RFF but I still miss Raguna and co a lot. That game is what got me into RF and HM as an avid fan, but it is hard to go back to where everyone stands in place all the time and you can't reorganize your monster barns etc.

That being said, Lest and Frey on on par with Raguna on me actually liking the MCs though, so I bet I'd love whoever leads RF5 as long as they have the same amount of care and craft put into them.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2016 5:12 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Besides fixing RGN (since I beat the game but I just can't make myself keep playing it until I marry Dylas because « Harvest Goddess » knows how long that would take),
Spoiler:
Making it so the last arc (or any, if they change it) doesn't have such na anticlimatic ending...? I loved going through it, but in the end Venti was just there and besides a few lines from the villagers, nothing else happened. I just felt like... "So... is this it? is it over? Okay... I guess...?"

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 16, 2016 8:27 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I think it is a good moment for a crossover. Now that Nintendo is crazy about retaining third parties, and Marvelous needs to resurrect the RF brand in a big way (10th anniversary coming).

Just picture an hypothetical 'The Legend of Zelda The Rune Factories'
Take your favorite Zelda elements in world exploring and dungeon traveling, mix some farming and beast taming, all while you choose between Link and Linkle and interact with a selection of all time fan favorites marriage candidates (Malon, Shad, Zelda, Groose, Midna, etc.) With Fire Emblem being all the rage right now with the whole waifu and husbando fads, it would be a winning combination for all parties.

Kaist
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2016 2:52 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Anonymous Fish wrote:
I think it is a good moment for a crossover. Now that Nintendo is crazy about retaining third parties, and Marvelous needs to resurrect the RF brand in a big way (10th anniversary coming).

Take your favorite Zelda elements in world exploring and dungeon traveling, mix some farming and beast taming, all while you choose between Link and Linkle and interact with a selection of all time fan favorites marriage candidates (Malon, Shad, Zelda, Groose, Midna, etc.) With Fire Emblem being all the rage right now with the whole waifu and husbando fads, it would be a winning combination for all parties.

I don't think Zelda is the right series for a crossover with Rune Factory. Just... something about the spirit of Zelda doesn't seem like it'd mesh well with Rune Factory's atmosphere. Can't really put my finger on what it is.

And really... Groose?

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2016 8:17 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Ill be honest, the only thing I want to see in a new RF game is just that. A new RF game. I don't care what they do as long as its simular to RF4 and/or RFF then Ill be happy :)

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 17, 2016 8:36 am 
Anonymous Fish

Kaist wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

I don't think Zelda is the right series for a crossover with Rune Factory. Just... something about the spirit of Zelda doesn't seem like it'd mesh well with Rune Factory's atmosphere. Can't really put my finger on what it is.

And really... Groose?

Fan favorite it seems to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQDNx4fMsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUF4H5VUk5k
And I was originally going to use Tingle instead of Groose in that list of examples :lol:

But yeah, at least we can all agree if a cossover like that happened male players would get all the best candidates. :P

Kaist
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 1:04 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Kaist wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

And really... Groose?

Fan favorite it seems to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQDNx4fMsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUF4H5VUk5k
And I was originally going to use Tingle instead of Groose in that list of examples :lol:

But yeah, at least we can all agree if a cossover like that happened male players would get all the best candidates. :P

My, my. Every time I'm led to believe there is no Internet left to discover, I'm proven spectacularly wrong.

In any case, another thing I thought of: more characters like Leon, in the sense that he has depth and is crafted with some level of care.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2016 1:00 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Honestly...if they did a cross over game I wouldn't buy it. I even skip crossover episodes in anime because they just don't feel right and they break the established story for me.
I want children to look like your spouse and to act different depending on who you marry. Really badly. I also want at least 1 or 2 people to get married after my character. It would be nice if characters invited you to their wedding if you were friends with them.
I would also love to marry a mermaid. I think they're so cute. I wouldn't be against playing as a non human either. I think they could do interesting things with that. Especially since it's been shown that there's a divide in some ways with different races.

GrimoireFan
Post Posted: Jan 21, 2016 10:36 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

1:I'd like random treasure chests to be either immune to damage or take more hits as I've destroyed so many wondering what they contained.

2: Would love a monster expert that would show percentages for things like Status Immunities,Elemental Resitance,Status Attack,etc...At least have all the info fit on the screen.

3: Maybe make it to where you can marry some of the older townspeople (I'm looking at you Illuminata). Maybe even make it incredibly tough to do so since it's a running joke?

4: More clothes for the MC to wear and possibly cosmetic customization as well.

5: More recruitable cameos.....especially if it were other MC's from previous installments.

6: Exploration of areas from all the other Rune Factory games,mentioned or otherwise,would be epic but likely too much to ask.

7: Half Beast marriage candidates would be wonderful.

Other than that,I guess just keep the same formula and mechanice from RF4.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2016 8:09 am 
Anonymous Fish

well first off, rf4 is great and i'd love if they kept it as a base for the next one,as i feel it balances the elements of the game pretty well buut

1- the dating rng. make it random if they accept between 7-9 lp but if they're at 10 LP they should accept my confession.
(stares at dylas, who is still rejecting me at 11LP)
2- the rng for the marriage events. should be easier to trigger these. not super easy but like. don't leave it to rng. :I
3- BUFFER DUDES -sobs while staring at bado- also, skin diversity in bachelor/bachelorettes.
4- Sechs empire setting would be frickin cool,esp after rf4. idk about the elven kingdom idea, but it could also be neat.
5- a couple of rival couples, or just someone else in town getting married at the same time so my child would have friends.
6- somewhat customizable mc. (they could do it simple like letting you add glasses or something. Hair color or hairstyle, maybe)
7- children to be based on your spouse. it'd have been adorable if you married leon and the kid had lil foxy ears.

thats off the top of my head, but ye.

nousernamesorry
Post Posted: Feb 04, 2016 12:45 am 
Anonymous Fish

Here's what I'd like to see in the next Rune Factory (should a new one ever come out).

1. An actual mine, like in the Harvest Moon Games
2. Loots of bishie characters (both guys and girls)
3. A character with.. Wait for it... BOTH parents. Gasp. So rare, I know.
4. EVERYONE GETS A LOVE INTEREST!!!
5. More that two kids character designs. Like c'mon, what if I wanted three? And I also agree with the previous posters — the kids oughta resemble their moms/dads.
6. The option to play as a guy OR a girl. Like in Rune Factory 4.. Keep a good thing going, Natsume! Haha lol
7. Availability in ALL DS consoles, not just DS3. What about DS Lite?? :(
8. Wouldn't it be cool if the main character of the next Rune Factory could travel to the different villages of previous Rune Factory games? And also marry the bachelors/bachelorettes there? So for example I would totally go to Sharance (from RF3) and date/marry Gaius or Ondorus..
9. They should take cues from Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns and include the Owl, critter catching, and bare-handed fishing. It's too fun to pass up!
10. "Easter egg" minigames like in HMDS and HMDS Cute.. Remember the Doghouse battle minigame? Only the 'in-the-know' people could play, which was cool XD
11. Maybe mentions of Harvest Moon games! Like wouldn't it be cool if the characters name-dropped? Like someone could mention the great farmer of Ages Past, Mark/Claire? And the new village could be the future version of Mineral Valley/Mineral Town/Bluebell/Konohana/something else.