* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 25, 2020 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Meriberry
Post Posted: Feb 05, 2016 12:51 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Kross lover/fan wrote:
Ill be honest, the only thing I want to see in a new RF game is just that. A new RF game. I don't care what they do as long as its simular to RF4 and/or RFF then Ill be happy :)

Pretty much this. I just want to SEE the game at this point. I miss it.

Rochun
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2016 9:10 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I'd like it if marriage being a part of the plot was left alone for good. Sometimes there just isn't a character I want to marry (or there is but they're not a canditate) so having to get married regardless just to advance the game is a bit of a turn-off. Also the ability to choose whether or not you want to have children after getting married would be nice. The way it was done in RF2 I get since the whole game was designed around the second generation, but I was kind of put off by how RF3 handled the marriage in the plot and the kids were so bland that I actually regretted having them.
I'm also not a fan of rival marriage simply because I don't think getting married and having children should be the goal in every characters life. Maybe only after getting married yourself so for those of us that enjoy the bachelor
(/harem) life there's no need to see everyone else getting married while being the only one to stay single.

Aside from that, I'm really liking the way RF4 handled characters and relationships, and the random events were really lovely. I can't remember the last time I got so attached to a whole cast of characters. I hope they keep that kind of thing in mind with the next game and flesh out characters and relationships even if they're not marriage canditates.

One thing I'd also like is for the shops to actually carry useful weapons and accessories. Maybe with a bit of a mark-up so there's still a reason to craft things yourself but still a possibility to buy them for those who'd rather focus on other things and still not be completely annihilated later in the game. Of course you'd only be able to get special side effects from crafting but the basic forms of better weapons could be buyable once you reach a certain point.

I'm also hoping that there won't be character customisation. I like the games better when the mc is their own character and not just a blank canvas for the player to self insert. I'm aware that a lot of people do project themselves on the player characters and thus probably like character customisation (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, this is just my personal preference), but I'm still kind of holding hope that not every game has to become like that and that RF stays as one of those that don't. I feel like the games are way more charming when the mc is a proper character and part of the setting.