What would you like to see from the next rune factory?

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Assuming more rune factory games will be made in the future, what new or improved features would you like to see from the next titles?

For me, I would like to play as a character who doesn't begin the story an amnesiac or a character who is but remembers their past at some point of the story then has decide to return to their old life or stay in their new life. I'd also like if the rival candidates make a return.
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tbh, amnesia just feels like too big a staple of Rune Factory intros now. Like, it's just not right that it isn't in ToD.

I don't really want anything changed for the next RF game compared to RF4. I mean, a new plot, obviously, and I wouldn't mind if it were a deeper plot, that game was pretty ideal. Not too dark. Not too fluffy. Maybe, if they're going to do more humanoid marriage candidates, we could get a dude with bird wings this time? Otherwise I'd prefer they stick with elves and dwarves.

That's all, I guess.
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yeah, amnesia feels like a staple. Don't like the idea of it being gone.

I'd like it if NPCs started pairing off after you get married, and potentially marry differently depending on who you marry. But that's a lot of dialogue and extra effort. Maybe something new in the combat system? Make it a little deeper, or more challenging? Perhaps even make the weapon shop usable again while still providing the forging system from RF4- have the weapons you can use there be a base, or be somehow different from the things you can forge. Like elemental bonuses as opposed to status effect applications, or something.

I'd also like to hear more about the far East where some of the characters hail from- and about the sorts of things that travelling merchants like Yue have to travel through, like she mentions in her dialogue at times. Failing that, more on the Sechs Empire and its direction after the events of RF4 would be nice. Heck, more worldbuilding in general. Have the MC be a travelling merchant who carries around a portable greenhouse and sees a lot of different places!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd like them to completely overhaul the town events system if they plan on keeping some form of it in the next game (which I hope they do). Relying on RNG to trigger events makes for a very frustrating experience.

For bachelor/ette candidates, I'm pretty much game for anything at this point. I think RF4 had a great balance between romance, dungeon crawling, farming and story so I'd like to see it stay similar to that.
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

double post
Last edited by Docga on Jan 02, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Docga
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yes, RF4 had a beautiful balance (although waiting for plot points to marry someone can be annoying, but I understand why nonetheless).

I mean, I think having homosexual relationships would be awesome. Besides that, I always love to see more cameos of old characters in new games. Maybe a bigger town would be more fun. The more the merrier, imo. And I'd really like to see them continue drawing the backbone of the series as they all fit together to be one true series instead of a few games that happen to fit in the same genre.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think they should keep amnesia as well. It would just feel weird without it at this point, in my opinion. They could always figure out a way to change it up though. I always thought it would be cool if the mc was actually technically a bad guy that was pretending to have amnesia and we don't find that out until later. I can think of a few other ways they could incorporate amnesia while changing it up a bit. But I'm fine with the way it is now.

I'm also going to have to agree with what everyone else has said, I think RF4 had a great balance of everything, I don't think there's much they could do to make it better. Jut for personal preference I guess I could say I'd enjoy an older looking MC, but I don't consider it a priority or anything, especially considering the target audience of RF. It would be cool if they ever did something like what they've done with some other games, where you get the choice of what player character you want to use (like an older or a younger build).

Other than that:
-Rival couples (assuming it's done well and I don't end up feeling bad for 'stealing' someone else's bae)
-Same « Chicken Hugging » relationships
-Maybe more plot? I think RF4's was good but I am a sucker for a great fantasy story
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

-Same « Chicken Hugging » relationships would be awesome.
-Rival couples
-Elf kingdom or Sechs Empire setting
-I wouldn't miss the MC having amnesia at all, but I'm ok if it comes back too but ideally with more details about their past later in the game.
-Elf MC
-Customizable MC maybe
-Keep town events and proposal events (loved them so much), just make them less random
-Elf bachelor
-Bachelor with black hair
-No need for cameos imo
-Continue with the long story and lots of dungeons
-Maybe make it even easier so I don't have to grind so much :')

(I love these topics, hope we get something new soon >.<)
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Merman bachelor, PIRATE BACHELOR/ETTE, dragon monster hybrid romance candidate, same « Chicken Hugging » romance options, customization for protag (something akin to FEA/F would be great, even if just a hella washed down version.

I think some new races would be rad.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Merman bachelor, PIRATE BACHELOR/ETTE, dragon monster hybrid romance candidate, same « Chicken Hugging » romance options, customization for protag (something akin to FEA/F would be great, even if just a hella washed down version.

Wow I love your ideas. *.*
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Merman bachelor, PIRATE BACHELOR/ETTE, dragon monster hybrid romance candidate, same « Chicken Hugging » romance options, customization for protag (something akin to FEA/F would be great, even if just a hella washed down version.

PIRATES. PIRATES EVERYWHERE

I kind of want to see what they can do if they focused more on the farming aspect a bit. Obviously it'd be a bit of a push since I think most people prefer the dungeons and such (which I do too) but I still think it'd be kind of cool! Maybe instead of just taming monsters you can have actual livestock or something. Idk just spit balling lol
SerpentTailedAngel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:I'd like them to completely overhaul the town events system if they plan on keeping some form of it in the next game (which I hope they do). Relying on RNG to trigger events makes for a very frustrating experience.

For bachelor/ette candidates, I'm pretty much game for anything at this point. I think RF4 had a great balance between romance, dungeon crawling, farming and story so I'd like to see it stay similar to that.
I kinda liked the RNG in that having it be random when an event happened made it feel more organic. It feels a little forced in SoS when, to hit a marriage requirement for so and so, I have to go to that one spot on the map on a Monday before 10:30am when it's raining. Especially because if that's not part of my routine, it's only going to happen if I look up how to trigger the event. But it was a pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » to have to rely on the RNG for marriage and Rune Prana.

I'd like to see a split. Something more like previous games where you deliberately trigger romance events by taking a job off a board, or by agreeing to go and talk to them somewhere when their LP hits the next level, while events not tied to plot or marriage could still be random.

On customization, pretty sure I've said this on similar threads, but I really don't want it. It's fine for SoS where the player character is pretty undeveloped, but for a protagonist with an established personality, I like to see them as one specific, consistent person, and that person not having a set appearance breaks story immersion for me.
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SerpentTailedAngel wrote:On customization, pretty sure I've said this on similar threads, but I really don't want it. It's fine for SoS where the player character is pretty undeveloped, but for a protagonist with an established personality, I like to see them as one specific, consistent person, and that person not having a set appearance breaks story immersion for me.
I don't think it's likely to happen, but if it did I'm sure there'd still be a default version of the MC they'd use on the game cover and marketing and stuff so you'd be able to just leave the MC looking exactly like that. :3
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can agree with doing something in-between. What was even more frustrating to me than the marriage events were having the confession events be RNG as well.. sometimes it would take me 9-10 LP to trigger them, and it took forever and a ton of save scumming x_x Especially since raising LP after 7 is a huge pain in the « Mr.Gourmet's hat » without going on dates, I'd really like to not experience that again.

I'm personally fine if they put in customization, but I don't care if they have a preset character either. As long as we don't have a silent protagonist I'm pretty down with anything, since like Rune said they'd probably have a 'marketing canon' appearance anyways. What other people do in their own games is their own business, but I can understand not wanting it either. Doubt they'd do it though since it's a lot of work anyways.

Oh! Speaking of, I'd like it if the kids at least changed hair colors depending on which character you play as, or even base it off your spouse. Having green-haired kids as Lest and not marrying Amber is kind of awkward.
PedroTheChicken
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I want Pia to come back. I love Pia. Also I want some of the more rare monsters to appear earlier. (Like the unicorns from RF3. They came so late in the game it wasn't even worth befriending them tbh.)