Rune Factory 4 Rune Prana Help? (possible spoilers)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Apple_Blossom
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So, I just picked up RF4 again, after not playing for a year or so.
I've gotten to the part to where I'm in the Rune Prana now, and I struggle to not get completely owned in this dungeon.

I'm level 124, and use the bio smasher (I believe that's the name of it.) but usually use dual blades. I have been working on better armor and such, but I'm wondering, what did you use to pass this hellhole?

Monsters, party members, equipment, and advice is appreciated.
I've basically stopped trying for a while to try to upgrade my gear until I'm completely ready. I was using the element fairies (earth and wind) for the run, but it's just not enough push.
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I don't think I had very good equipment when I first started going through Rune Prana, so I mostly relied on my monsters, and when my strongest monsters were getting KO'd constantly I tamed monsters from the farthest I could get into the dungeon itself. I also brought a lot of Object X to throw at monsters, super helpful for the room with the Flare Mages that are behind a barrier.
Giobat_Lully
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Unfortunately it’s been a while since I played a “not ng+ file” so I really don’t know what kind of equipment you should be able to craft/have in your current state. Therefore I’ll give a few tips in general and hope that at least one of them helps:

- Have you tried using double fold steel on your gear to increase attack and defence stats a bit more? Other than that try upgrading one of your weapons with status aliment inducing items (poison, sleep etc.) that might help you to get rid of enemies faster

- Make use of the rune abilities (those you can equip on the X and Y buttons) as they usually deal more damage

- If I’m not mistaken, by using double swords (and gloves?) the stats of your shield won’t be added to your overall stats (since you need both hands in order to these weapons) so if you need all the defence you can get I recommend using another weapon

- Depending on the floor you’re in, always remember (to craft and) to take one of the elemental-resistance-brooches with you, so that those “traps” with elemental magic don’t kill you instantly

- Eat a dish that increases stats/ RP/ HP or grants elemental/aliment resistance before entering Rune Prana

- As stupid as this might sound…if Arthur has failed or disastrous dishes in stock, buy a few of those and throw them at enemies to decrease their HP or even kill them instantly -> or do what bitsy_bites5 said and use Object X instead

- Last but not least: Set the game’s difficulty to easy (unless it would bother you to play on easy)
Apple_Blossom
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Wasn't thinking about Object X at all, honestly.
The room with the fire mages is where I'm stuck at. No magic really put a dent into them.

How many Object X did you throw at the mages? One for each, or was it a few?

Ah, thanks for the tips, you two.
I'll keep on with trying new things. I haven't upgraded my armor yet, but will start it.
I usually keep a bunch of cooked foods on me just in case I run out of potions or RP for the healing spell.
Giobat_Lully
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

These flare mages are apparantely weak to water and love magic/weapons and have an average defence regarding physical attacks, whereas they seem to have high resistance aginst fire, earth, wind, light and dark -> at least according to the monster expert guy in autumn road who told me the resistances after I showed him one of my pet-fire mages. So if you attack them with one of the above mentioned elements and combine that with Object X or failed dishes they shouldn't last too long...hopefully.