* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 26, 2020 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Nightlight
Post Posted: Apr 12, 2016 11:56 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

I don't know about everyone else, but to me RFF is one of the most intriguing entry in the RF series, simply because of all the weird things that happen or are said in it that are never fully explained, but are interesting nonetheless.
Here are a couple of unexplained things that I found interesting:

If you follow Anette when she's delivering mail, when she gets to Mist's house she'll sometimes mention that the mail she's dropping off in Mist's mail box is in a different language. Why the heck is Mist getting mail from a different country? Who's writing to her?

Selphy will sometimes say that Anette looks familiar to her, but she doesn't know why. Considering that Selphy and Anette seem to have never met prior to the events of the game, this is quite the weird thing for Selphy to say.

What are some unexplained things in RFF that caught your interest?

(Sorry if anything I said was inaccurate or actually explained somewhere in the game. It's been a very long time since I've played RFF.)

Hysuka
Post Posted: Apr 17, 2016 6:34 am 
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

Raguna's past. :?

It's hinted at that he could be a prince but they never resolve the plot.

SerpentTailedAngel
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2016 2:49 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

With Raguna's past
Spoiler:
His exact relation to the throne is never explained, but even if it's never stated, it's very heavily implied that he is Ivan's brother, and iirc it was mentioned in an interview that Ivan was the king's second cousin. (It might have also confirmed that he and Raguna were related, because I have a strong memory of that interview saying they were separated in a shipwreck, but I could be wrong.)

What I wanna know is the relationship between Frey and Lest. That you see one or the other briefly in Rune Prana makes me feel like there ought to be some sort of pre-amnesia backstory where they did know each other.

Kaist
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2016 4:22 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

SerpentTailedAngel wrote:
With Raguna's past
Spoiler:
His exact relation to the throne is never explained, but even if it's never stated, it's very heavily implied that he is Ivan's brother, and iirc it was mentioned in an interview that Ivan was the king's second cousin. (It might have also confirmed that he and Raguna were related, because I have a strong memory of that interview saying they were separated in a shipwreck, but I could be wrong.)

What I wanna know is the relationship between Frey and Lest. That you see one or the other briefly in Rune Prana makes me feel like there ought to be some sort of pre-amnesia backstory where they did know each other.

I always took Frey/Lest's appearance in Rune Prana to mean that she/he was the Earthmate that sealed Leon away, and that you are their descendant, be it spiritually or genetically or both. Total headcanon, however.

Honestly, I'd love for there to be more worldbuilding in general. There's a lot, especially about Mist and Raguna, that was left unsaid.
Spoiler:
Especially considering that Miss Trupin is implied to be Mist. I could be remembering that wrong, but who else is that obsessed with turnips? One thing she says is that she was traveling with a friend and then got separated from him. She then goes on to say that she hopes he didn't hit his head and lose his memory again... which makes me think that she and Raguna went travelling again, but together this time.