RF4 Orange grass still not available to buy

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Sufjan Swordsman
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

All festivals keep getting harder each year, until year 3 or so. I've also found the fishing festival to be a bit harder with Dylas unlocked, same with the monster battle and Leon.

It's very easy to win the first cooking festival. Just make sure to gather all grasses you can find on the first few days and keep the high leveled ones, plant all turnip seeds, get a free cooking kit from Porco and make a pickles potatoes WITH the grasses. Should end you with a level 6-ish dish, which should be enough to win the festival the first time. Might need some resetting though, but it's worth it? Bit off-topic, sorry.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah I got 1st place maybe because it's my first time participating in the cooking contest in the 2nd year because I ordered the contest after it during Year 1. I just might give up soft resetting everytime hoping to get 1st place in the bean toss contest and just let it be, so I can continue Arc 2.
So after Year 3, the difficulty of the contests/festivals on Year 4 and onwards will be the difficulty of Year 3 only? OR can the difficulty change to like when you first participated in the contest or 2nd time participating or 3rd time?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I finally gave up Xiao Pai always beats me. She got like 19k points.
Peridot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It's less that they'll all be the same from year 3 and onwards, but that they have a max difficulty which caps at year 3 if you win in year 1, 2, and 3. When you lose a contest the difficulty goes down for next year so you have that to look forward to haha. (If they kept making festivals harder and harder each time you won you'd reach a point where they'd become impossible and you'd HAVE to lose to make the difficulty go down.)

So the only thing that determines a festival getting harder is winning it at least one time. If you skipped participation, the difficulty won't change.

Also difficulty you're playing on determines festival difficulty too. ie, if you're on hard or normal and REALLY want to win you can try setting the e difficulty of the game to easy.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Finally finished Arc 2, the new orders especially the BGM from the previous RF games strike me hard in nostalgia. I ordered RF3 BGM even though I only played it a month ago but it already feels so nostalgic. I was hoping for the BGM Miyako Inn from RF3 when I entered in Bell Hotel but it's not so I guess not all BGM from RF3 is included in RF4.
ᴮᵘᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʰᵒᶰᵉˢᵗ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʸᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᶠᶦᶰᶦˢʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᶦᶰ ᵖᶫᵒᵗ ᵒᶠ ᴿᶠ³ :(
I was surprised at the 1 year time skip, I have gone from Year 2 Spring 12 (on the day I ended Arc 2) to Year 3 Spring 12, with no change in FP, LP (I was hoping for at least 1 FP/LP gain for saving the town and Venti)
So Clorica didn't even mention her bday when I gave her an apple pie bday gift must be because she's still mourning for Venti?
Peridot
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I wonder how well that day went... Happy birthday, Clorica! The « Harvest Goddess » you worship is now dead.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've also noticed that every time I write in my diary the image of my character changes his appearance (topless, or bed clothes, etc.) or this was already happening even before the end of Arc 2?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Strange before when cooking it was always preventing me from cooking if the RP requirement is exceeding and large. Now it doesn't warn and prevent me anymore, so it's like RF3 all over again that you don't know if you will fail or succeed in cooking.
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Trying to cook (or forge, or whatever) something that takes more RP to do than your maximum amount of RP (including whatever food bonuses you've got going on at the moment) will automatically fail. You can still cook if your RP would go negative (it'll take it out of your HP instead); it's definitely the maximum you need to worry about.

That's pretty much the only automatic failure condition I've found - everything else generally succeeds.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

MageDragonfire wrote:Trying to cook (or forge, or whatever) something that takes more RP to do than your maximum amount of RP (including whatever food bonuses you've got going on at the moment) will automatically fail. You can still cook if your RP would go negative (it'll take it out of your HP instead); it's definitely the maximum you need to worry about.

That's pretty much the only automatic failure condition I've found - everything else generally succeeds.
But why it doesn't prevent me anymore like it used to?
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

At least for Harvest festival, if your level 10 giant crystal flower doesnt get first place, then dont even bother participate. Im in winter of year 3 and i have almost everything (except ore require very high mining skill) and still messed up with fishing and monster battle event though
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
MageDragonfire wrote:Trying to cook (or forge, or whatever) something that takes more RP to do than your maximum amount of RP (including whatever food bonuses you've got going on at the moment) will automatically fail. You can still cook if your RP would go negative (it'll take it out of your HP instead); it's definitely the maximum you need to worry about.

nope. it prevent your from cooking or forging stuffs exceed your Maximum RP. And if you does not have the recipe, then the item you want to make will have the same RP requirement, and your level of cooking/ forging does not change it.
For me I didnt have recipe for pineapple juice even though my cooking skill is at 99. So it still required ~3600 Rp or sth. The only thing i can do was try to make a Prelude to Love (this maybe the highest boost to max RP) at the highest level by finding highest material and i got level 8 Prelude to Love. I drank it and voila, i had enough max RP to make the recipe. After i made it, the requirement went straight down to only 170 RP. So that's my method
Kaist
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Knightmare wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

nope. it prevent your from cooking or forging stuffs exceed your Maximum RP. And if you does not have the recipe, then the item you want to make will have the same RP requirement, and your level of cooking/ forging does not change it.
For me I didnt have recipe for pineapple juice even though my cooking skill is at 99. So it still required ~3600 Rp or sth. The only thing i can do was try to make a Prelude to Love (this maybe the highest boost to max RP) at the highest level by finding highest material and i got level 8 Prelude to Love. I drank it and voila, i had enough max RP to make the recipe. After i made it, the requirement went straight down to only 170 RP. So that's my method
Relax Tea is better to make for increasing Max RP. If you don't have the recipe for something you're trying to make, the RP cost is ridiculous precisely to encourage you to find the recipe bread for it first.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kaist wrote:
Knightmare wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Relax Tea is better to make for increasing Max RP. If you don't have the recipe for something you're trying to make, the RP cost is ridiculous precisely to encourage you to find the recipe bread for it first.
Ah yeah my bad :twisted: when i checked again it was actually Relax Tea not Prelude to Love. So yeah, ~2000 RP with Relax Tea lvl 8 to get ~3k6 RP
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wow damn it I got beaten by Xiao Pai again but this time in buddy contest, I entered LV 200 monsters but how in the world she only beat me with her cluckadoodle that has an average of 6k attack? What level is that cluckadoodle of hers? Because of her I didn't even get to 3rd place.