Any hope for Rune factory 5??

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I was just recommended this rune factory video&I just remembered how amazing this game was.The graphics &the voice acting&the story was one-of-a-kind to me.I know people still remember this game,but does any1 think that Marvelous will ever do another rune factory game?
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

probably not. from what i understand, rune factory was handled by a branch (or something) of marvelous that went bankrupt. the team (or at least some people involved in it) that made rune factory apparently made legend of magna, but i think for the most part they've been scattered to the four winds. i don't think it's impossible, but i wouldn't hold my breath
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

What? That was first I heard of this. It was pretty lucrative, especially RF4. Don't you think there's a chance someone else will take it on?
jzwolf942
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

theboysareback wrote:What? That was first I heard of this. It was pretty lucrative, especially RF4. Don't you think there's a chance someone else will take it on?
The problem mostly stems from the same thing many niche game studios have; they eventually get in the red for too long and have to file bankruptcy. From how I understanding, they knew RF4 was probably going to their last hurrah (bankruptcy isn't an overnight development and they ceased operations a little over a year after its release). Much of Neverland's (Rune Factory's developers) staff were hired by Marvelous which is overall promising but there hasn't been much since except this very vague comment by the creator from years back that pretty much states that since RF4 did well, a sequel will be possibly in the works. As it stands, I was also under the impression that Marvelous acquired the IP so it's up to them to make RF5 happen.

I'm hopeful as a fan of the series but I've been let down many times by game studios before so...
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Well, during RF's tenth anniversary Hashimoto posted this message on the official RF4 blog: http://www.marv.jp/blog_archives/runefactory4/
The message is summarized here: (translation done by KuroNeko77.)
Both Hashimoto and Iwasaki (artist and Chara Designer) are thanking everyone for their support.
Kawasaki was exited about working on a fantasy game where you use a hoe and improving while working on the series was a great experience. Hashimoto explains how RF1 put together the fundations, while 2 offered 2 generations and 3 the ability to morph into a monster, adding that he has way more ideas he has yet to exploit.
The last part sounds like a tease to me, but it hardly confirms that RF is still alive or not. Still, it gives me some hope.
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Man.Was really hoping for more or at least some implied hint.
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I wish we could get some confirmation, but I think the developers might not even know it themselves.

It would be sad to see the series end, Rune Factory is one of my favourites.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Everytime someone asks about an rf sequel it just rubs more salt on my open wounds

I am not bitter
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Neverland was an independent studio that made games for a lot of other companies, Marvelous and Natsume and Square for example. Some of the staff went to Marvelous to finish Lord of Magna, but it doesn't seem like they stuck around past that.
Marvelous still owns the rights to the game, so they could make a new one. But no guarantees it would be the same.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Last I read, Hashimoto had several games in the works, although I don't exactly remember when it was I read that.

As for the people who worked on RF, I believe most of them were re-hired by Marvelous except for a few coders (or something like that). So most of the team is still together, and I'd welcome some new faces anyway! Nothing wrong with freshening up a series by bringing in new people to work on it.

Plus, RF4 was the best-selling game in the series so far, I doubt they'd let it die just at the height of its popularity.

Take what I've said with a grain of salt, but stay hopeful, folks!
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm not even sure if Hashimoto is still working on said project(s), as the last we heard about his ambitious 3DS online game (Dragon Marked for Death) was even before RF4's release, and he worked on Luminous Arc Infinity along with Fellistella (the team that revived Summon Night after Flight-Plan's bankruptcy btw).

And that's without counting his work of Bokujou Monogatari / Story of Seasons, and that other game for Switch they can't reveal anything about for now (according to the last month's Nintendo Dream)... but I'm betting on Popolocrois for this one.

He also just got promoted within Marvelous's Studio(s?), so he might be even more busy as of now.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Marvelous is too busy swimming in Senran Kagura titty ninja cash to be even considering it :(

Hell sometimes I think they've forgotten a lot about their other IPs too.