* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 22, 2020 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

So as I was replaying RF4 for fun, I triggered a random event with Margaret; I think it was the "A performance without an audience one". Long story short, I was at the part when Dolce asks Frey and Meg to search the mansion for a music score/sheet. This is essentially what happened in my game...
1) after Dolce gave us the task, I thought, "Why not start from the front of the mansion, and work our way toward the back, where Dolce was at the stage?". I used escape to return back to the front of the mansion/dungeon while I was still in the stage room.

2) then I realized that since we started near the stage at the end of the dungeon, the event probably wanted us to progress from the end to the start, since this random event has cutscenes with the ghosts who haunt the mansion as you work your way to the front.

3) realizing this mistake, I teleported back to the second to last room by using the lobby's white teleport mist-thingy. But as soon as I got back, Frey and Meg have their usual yadda-yadda "I'm afraid of ghosts" cutscene conversation, but Frey is nowhere to be seen!!! When their discussion ends, this is what I'm left with!!!!!!
Spoiler:
This is when the glitch "first starts. Also to note, your partner, in this case Margaret, cannot move, as they are fused inside of you.

Once she reached land, she could not come back to me ever again, so looks like only the MC is affected.

Now I started to get creative...
Had a bit of a titanic moment... I'm the princess of the world!

Look at Frey's icon...

Perfect for standing on buildings!

Perfect for... spying on the locals?
Well I got to walk across to the Men's bathhouse without any penalty or getting kicked out, so I guess that was cool.

But seriously, what on earth!!! All of the boundaries in the game became disregarded, and since Dolce doesn't hold you back, I could literally explore anything in the game! Using the airship to teleport didn't stop the glitch. Going into menu's didn't stop this bizarre glitch, and neither did talking to people. Sleeping in a bed did stop the madness, so thank goodness. It's just that... Y'know, you hear about the final boss freezing glitch, or the beach day top-screen glitch, the dolphin brooch glitch, etc, but I've never, and I mean NEVER seen this one reported or even found at all...... It was actually pretty fun to explore, but still... I fell like I made the discovery of the century!

Am I the only one who's found or seen this happen? It was just an accidental random occurrence with me running into this obscure glitch! Thank goodness sleeping fixed the issue though. No matter how cool it may be to have nothing as a barrier, I don't want to live as a "ghost" forever; it's like I have Pico-idus or something.

Terra575
Post Posted: Jun 29, 2017 11:16 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Woah, that's wild! I love the one where she's standing on the bathhouse wall, haha

Kaist
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2017 12:50 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Well, now. This will make speedrunners happy.

theboysareback
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2017 7:05 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Incredible. Invaluable information now that my 3ds is working too, heheheh.