RF4 Crashing

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Had anyone come across a crashing bug. I've finished all the arcs. Married. But when I leave town and attack something my game crashes and I get a message telling me to turn my 3ds off. Help me :(
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've only run into a crash once while soft-resetting. Apparently the game can crash if you attack a lot of enemies with a weapon with greatly extended range + a lot of status ailments. Does that describe your situation at all?
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sort of. I'm only attacking 2 enemies with any weapon.
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Try forging a different weapon, maybe, without any range extenders or status effects, and see if that helps?
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It doesn't. I used just a normal sword and it still crashed. It doesn't on my other save.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is it a digital copy? If so, maybe you could try going to the eShop page and see if there's an option to repair any file damage.
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've tried. It says it's not damaged. I'm currently running the repair anyway process.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

What region is your copy from? Most NA copies don't seem to have a specific crashing error like that with just damaging a simple monster, even in our digital eShop version.
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mines EU. I'm from UK. It's still running the repair anyway process. So something must be broken. Even though it says not. It's a digital copy as it wasn't released on physical.
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The repair worked
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

YognautLauraa wrote:The repair worked
Thank goodness!!! Hopefully that crashing issue won't happen for you again, because it seemed like a very strange glitch.
YognautLauraa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It was a very strange glitch. Hopefully it stops it for now. I have played for an hour and it worked.