RF3: Wishing to play...

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I started playing Rune Factory 3 directly after finishing Rune Factory 2. I was full of excitement and anticipation for any improvements to come. So, why is it that I think about playing it but never get around to it? At first, I was in love with it! Despite being extremely disappointed that I could not be a female (especially after meeting Gaius and the really buff fisherman guy Nick?) there were so many options! Such a wide array of characters that I wanted to get to know. I feel like this should be one of my favorite games, but I stopped playing it in the first year and I never have the desire to actually pick it up again. I always think about it. I can still picture the map in my mind perfectly (even though it has been at least 3-4 years since playing) and even if I don't remember all their names I can picture the bachelorettes and why they piqued my interest. It feels wrong to not complete RF3 before FINALLY playing RF4. Do you feel anything similar when thinking of RF3?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

No because I completed the game married sofia with three kids! :heart:

The fisherman's name is Carlos and don't worry, after meeting Carmen you would surely be turned off from him! :lol:

just get it done already! :shock:
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:No because I completed the game married sofia with three kids! :heart:

The fisherman's name is Carlos and don't worry, after meeting Carmen you would surely be turned off from him! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's one way to put it! Sofia is the one who does opposite speak? She seemed super awesome. Wait.. you can have multiple kids?
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Lewcinda wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:No because I completed the game married sofia with three kids! :heart:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's one way to put it! Sofia is the one who does opposite speak? She seemed super awesome. Wait.. you can have multiple kids?
You can have 3, but if any are the same gender, they'll look exactly the same as each other.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I do have some similar feelings but for different reasons.
I never finished RF3 because I never bought it. :lol: Which is really sad to me because I own every other RF game there is, and I love the series so much. Basically for a long while I didn't have much to spend on games, and one day I was shopping in Gamestop and saw RF3 and HM: Sunshine Islands on the shelf. I could only afford one, and at the time I was in the mood for HM I suppose, so I picked that up and left Rune Factory there. I still regret that choice so much because years later I never got far in SI, ended up not liking it, and I still haven't played RF3.

It's especially sad to me because I adore the cast designs in that game so much. They all look so vibrant and fun, and I may never get the chance to meet them all or experience the story of the game.
I still check on Ebay every now and then to see if they have a cheap copy, but compared to some other games in the series, it seems to still sell relatively expensive, usually for $30 minimum.

I hope someday we both get to play/finish it. :heart:
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@ Robinstar: I see! Such a rare feature for HM and RF games. I am most intrigued!

@ Ehppy: How unfortunate! :( I hate missing a game when it first comes out and then having to go on a treasure hunt for it with no map or rules, and then pay for the treasure at the end. :evil: :lol: I will take your story to heart and use it to motivate myself to suck it up and start a new game. Side note: never played Sunshine Islands but it always seems to be very 50/50 for like or dislike.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Lewcinda wrote:

yeah Sofia is the rich girl who does opposite talk! and you can have three kids but you will end up having a pair of identicals lol
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

It was a really fun game! I married each girl at least once and my best friend 100% completed the game. I kinda obsess over RF so play them like crazy as they come out.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Lewcinda wrote: @ Ehppy: How unfortunate! :( I hate missing a game when it first comes out and then having to go on a treasure hunt for it with no map or rules, and then pay for the treasure at the end. :evil: :lol: I will take your story to heart and use it to motivate myself to suck it up and start a new game. Side note: never played Sunshine Islands but it always seems to be very 50/50 for like or dislike.
Yes! So frustrating. Some games aren't so hard to find later, but Rune Factory and Harvest Moon both are a little on that niche side of things. I may have to just bite the bullet though and pay up. P:
Ahh best of luck with your new file! Do you have any plans as to which bachelorette you're wooing? They're all so cute!

Yeah, it's a pretty polarizing entry in the series! For me the sun/rain point system got to be a bit frustrating and I kind of dreaded farming. :lol: I also remember it having a really slow start. It's unfortunate because I really love all the characters in that game. Maybe some day I will learn to cope with the farming and finish it.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I just played and finished Rune Factory 3 for the first time a few days ago, actually, and I really loved it. The main game's shorter than I would've liked--although I guess I've been spoiled by Rune Factory 4's barrage of "actually you're not done yet" moments--and some of the characters are a bit too over the top for my tastes (maybe there's some deep backstory for why Sherman and Sofia talk in opposites but it's honestly annoying to me either way), but I thought it was fantastic nonetheless and even did a few things better than RF4 like how events are handled.

It feels special, the same way that Rune Factory 4 feels special, and to be honest no traditional Harvest Moon game has ever captured that feeling for me.

(Raven is best girl btw)
Lewcinda
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@ Mecha-Lollipop: I used to go full force into each new game that came out, but as I've gotten older it's difficult to find the time. Still makes me happy to know people obsess over these games like I do. :heart:

@ Ehppy: I haven't decided who to woo, yet. I tend to lean toward Sofia because I find her opposite talk endearing and I love her style. I'm half tempted to go for Karina just because I love naps and being lazy, too. The farming system shouldn't be too bad since I spent so much time playing IoH.

@The Ninja: Hahaha, we can't all love the opposite talk. I remember in that first file I managed to see Raven's first two "love events" or cutscenes and she was actually pretty interesting. I'll pursue her some other time. HM64 captured my heart like no other, but the Rune Factory games gave me an entirely new perspective that I love. The bits of voice acting help me connect more with the characters, I love the rpg elements, and the art style. It's the more grown up version that makes me see so much more I would want out of harvest moon, even though I still love it.