Older Rune Factories

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
lasagna
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think I'll get RF1 first and probably end up getting RF2 after. Are the characters in RF1 more developed than in RF2? Just wondering because really dry characters bugs me honestly (even though I'll play it for storylines and the fighting aspect anyway)
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

lasagna wrote:I think I'll get RF1 first and probably end up getting RF2 after. Are the characters in RF1 more developed than in RF2? Just wondering because really dry characters bugs me honestly (even though I'll play it for storylines and the fighting aspect anyway)
I'd say they are about equal, due to different reasons? Mechanically, the characters in RF2 have actual schedules and more responses and more dialogue etc so they have more depth that way. But I still feel that RF1's character arcs had stuff in them that never really got repeated depth-wise in the series, even though you only got them through their heart events.

Buuuut admittedly that could be me nostalgia googling RF1.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I personally feel that the RF2 characters are more fleshed out, especially when pretty much everyone has a questline, not just the bachelorettes. I will say that the younger characters get a lot more screen time compared to all the parents. In RF1, I felt there were a lot of characters that just didn't do much. They existed to be shopkeepers and nothing else.

That being said, I like both of the first two games equally, playing them both through several times. It would be kinda hard to go back to them after RF3/4 though...