A quick Tides of Destiny question

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
NiftyMusician
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So, I've been a fan of Rune Factory for quite a while, but I've never played any of the Wii games. Out of curiosity I was looking up ToD today and I saw that you could play as a female character???? Is this for real?? I can't believe I'm just now realizing there's another game where you can be a girl. I never really minded that in the older RF games, you had to play as a boy, but I would've LOVED to play as a girl in all of the RF titles. So my question is, can you get married as a girl? It's seems that the obvious answer is "yes," since the boy can get married, but I wanted to make sure. For some reason, I really couldn't find a straight-up answer online.

Honestly, my mind is still blown that all this time I could've had another RF game where I could play as a girl. I can't believe I am just now figuring it out (I've been a fan of RF for, I don't know, at the very least around seven years now). I'm super excited though!!
GenesisLove
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You can get married as a girl, but that's about all you can do. Once you've beaten the entire storyline of the game you're prompted to choose between the male protagonist that you've played as up until that point or his childhood friend Sonja. There's not much left to do at that point and Sonja only has 4 marriage candidates compared to the male protagonist's 9, so I wouldn't really recommend ToD if you're looking forward to playing the whole game as a girl. That being said, it's still a very solid Rune Factory game so definitely get it if you're okay with the female protagonist as more of a fun addition once you've finished the game.