Random thing been bugging me about the milker

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Why was it removed from RF 3 and 4? It's weird to me because the clippers are even still in the games. Why remove the milker, the harvest basket too, and leave the clippers?

This is something that randomly bugs me as it seems pointless as well as not making sense.
imjusthere
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hmm... Maybe the buffamoo learned how to "milk" themselves? Creepy thought, but I have no idea why they took it out. The clippers might just be because you'd still need to cut the hair off.
Certainly saves time and inventory space too.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well in several HM games it's optional, you know? And for example, in HM A(n)WL, it's counted as being more "farming" while the milker is more "science" in terms of your kid iirc. So my guess is that in RF it was removed because they felt it wasn't "farming" enough? Kinda silly but yeah.

Just a thought/my take on it, anyway.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

At least in RF4 they drop their own wool though too. There's no reason I can think of in that one at least (I haven't had a sheep in RF3 in literal irl years so not sure about that one) to have clippers with none of the other ones.

It's the continued inclusion of the clippers on top of the removal of the others that confuses me the most.

In RF4 sheep produce so much product.

IDK it feels like too that I'm less involved with my other producing monsters despite the expansion of that beyond just the more 'normal animal' type monsters.

I'm not sure what sheering is counted in A(n)WL, it's been probably like a decade since I played AWL tbh. IIRC in AWL you can also hand milk, which isn't possible in RF. I'm not really sure why they change things like that though, that's pretty interesting!

What I do know is that production wise RF4 sheep are OP though. :lol: