Recurring character archetypes in rf

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi! I dont know much about the rf series, 4 was my first game, but I'd like to know if there are any actual or possible recurring archetypes in rf much like in fire emblem. So far i know is the de saint coquille family usually has a fat and cartoony member xD

Are there other possible archetypes? ^^
Mori-no-Majou
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh what a good idea!! :D Yeah, there seem to be quite a lot of archetypes along the lines of FE's Jeigans and Camuses in the RF series; I'll try to list a couple off the top of my head:

Like you said, every game has an eccentric foodie from the de Sainte Coquille family in there ( Jasper, Herman, Sherman, Beatrix and Porcoline); they usually also have a daughter who fits the "ojou" anime trope and is a marriage candidate (like Bianca and Electra) and will sometimes also have an elf working or living in their household (like Tabitha, Maerwen and Meg). So we could use Jasper, Bianca and Tabitha as the names for those archetypes, maybe?

There's also usually a "Mist": a female marriage candidate at the start of the game who gives you your house and offers you gameplay advice throughout the game, like Mist, Mana, Shara and Odette (curiously, RF4 doesn't seem to have one, unless Arthur counts since the room you get was originally going to be his).

I'll try to think of some more later; this is a really fun topic, hee! :D