Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 22, 2020 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next
Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Robinstar wrote:
Yeah, I’ve been sadly staring at that Newlywed thing wishing my Porcoline was there. My dreams will likely be crushed to dust, but I’ll keep a tiny bit of hope stored away somewhere. I love him so much.

I'd have married Porco in a hot second. He was the sweetest, most loving guy ever...I can't help but feel like he'd be the most thoughtful and romantic husband you could possibly get. I don't think he's handsome but his face amuses me, and that's good enough :) I have no idea how old he was supposed to be, but I don't care about that anyway.

I don't think we're going to get any new candidates/existing villagers made into candidates for RF4S, but if we were to, Porcoline would be my top choice, above even that gorgeous Barrett fella. Well, but...Barrett would be my second choice, though.

But RF4 is already my top favourite selection of bachelors of any Bokumono or RF game ever, with Doug and Kiel being the only guys I had no interest in, and I still haven't married Vishnal or Dylas (and I originally wanted to go for Vishnal first!) so...I don't have a lot of room to be pining after even more, I guess. Still, if Porco became an option, he'd boot the other two out of place for me.

I can't even begin to frame what I'd like in RF5. All new possibilities! I am mostly hoping first of all for a really great story...give me the best story an RF game has ever had, please...and a beautiful art style. Beyond that, I don't know, yet!

Last edited by Kikki on Feb 14, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 10:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hey now, Porcoline is definitely not too old to be a bachelor (neither is Bado). Especially if you want to consider loli dragon being completely ancient lol. Leon ain't no spring chicken himself either (if you want to be technical)!

Soapylion wrote:
Now that you've pointed out the colour themes with the RF logos, I'm super intrigued. I think the 5's colours definitely look quite sunset-inspired. Maybe dawn/dusk? I liked RFF's feature that some events would only trigger at night - maybe 5 will play on this a bit more?

Let's all talk about our hopes for RF5!
  • I would love an RFF art style - really lovely 3D in-game graphics, but the 2D portraits that are always SO BEAUTIFUL.
  • The return of some old characters like Mist!
  • Same « Chicken Hugging » relationships would be amazing but I'm not optimistic that it'll actually happen.
  • A little more focus on farming/raising animals - I loved catching monsters and naming them, but then you just kind of threw them in a shed and there wasn't much ~love~ involved.
  • Bachelors that I actually want to marry. *_*

I hate to say it but my want list is pretty much opposite of yours Soapy, hahah.

• No returning characters please, I'd rather have a fresh cast
  • S/S would be great (speaking of, give me bi-Meg for RF4 special plz *shakes fist*) and if it's between RF or BM to do it first, I'm gonna bank on RF
  • I'm actually super content with the amount of farming/raising animals there was in RF4. The heavier emphasis on combat/overall story gives it a different feeling compared to BM which I prefer personally!
  • RF4 quality bachelors/ettes, they were so good (my fav cast of bachelors in any farming sim!)
  • With the expanding of relationship content in RF4 special, there's no doubt it's gonna be a returning feature that's probably going to be pretty heavy in RF5. For that I'd really like for them to take a page out of 3oT and maybe give us some heart events for each of the bachelor/ettes. The marriage events are great (so keep them please!) but add more content to the dating phase beyond dates. Yes, I am very greedy.
  • My biggest con for RF4 was how the Town Events system played out. Notoriously finicky and hard to trigger, please overhaul/refine the system to make it easier.
  • One of the reasons RF4 stands the test of time imo is the amount of unique day to day dialogue. If there is one thing I hope they keep going forward into RF5, it's definitely the sheer amount and variety of character dialogue!
  • Rival relationships/or let me pick out pairings, or at least hook up some of the townspeople during the story canonly so that it doesn't just feel like you're the only one whose relationship is progressing. I don't even need all bachelor/ettes to be able to hook up. Even just a small amount would make me happy and make the world feel a little less static.

Soapylion
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 10:35 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
I hate to say it but my want list is pretty much opposite of yours Soapy, hahah.

Haha oh nooo! I guess that just means that whatever they end up making, some fans will be happy!

I actually agree with your points though. I do want a fresh cast, I just love that RF often have those recurring characters that don't really appear too often. It just kind of adds to the magic idk. And I don't want the farming system to become overcomplicated like the current BokuMono games! I just want to be able to provide my Woolies with a little more affection lol.

Cocovet
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 11:01 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I speed read this thread because I have class soon, but everyone's excitement is so so nice and relatable + the speculations and wants/do not wants is interesting to read!!! Hopefully RF5 will have something (a lot of somethings!) that'll make all of us happy ( + v +)b

The color scheme concept is super cool to think about, and to add on, the idea of night/dusk and the specific hues of the logo makes me think of steam punk??? no idea if rf will ever go on that route but since Daisuke mentioned the guidebook, I was like. huh
The speech in Oceans Katgirl quoted is also very ???? noteworthy and I definitely think that it would be nice/intriguing if 5 ends up being some sort of bridge between the Elder Dragons and other magical beings that Frontier and Oceans pitted on you

2caris3
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 11:24 am 
Anonymous Fish

Wow, I can't believe that they finally announce RF5! Looking forward to it.

As for RF4 Special, the only way they can convince me to get it is if they make Bado and/or Illuminata marriageable. Maybe Porco as well. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I was not too fond of any of the bachelor/ettes in RF4. They all just either looked too young or had many of my least favorite anime tropes. Also, the non shota bachelors all had long hair which made them looked too feminine to me.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 11:51 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Cocovet wrote:
I speed read this thread because I have class soon, but everyone's excitement is so so nice and relatable + the speculations and wants/do not wants is interesting to read!!! Hopefully RF5 will have something (a lot of somethings!) that'll make all of us happy ( + v +)b

The color scheme concept is super cool to think about, and to add on, the idea of night/dusk and the specific hues of the logo makes me think of steam punk??? no idea if rf will ever go on that route but since Daisuke mentioned the guidebook, I was like. huh
The speech in Oceans Katgirl quoted is also very ???? noteworthy and I definitely think that it would be nice/intriguing if 5 ends up being some sort of bridge between the Elder Dragons and other magical beings that Frontier and Oceans pitted on you

COCO!!! ITS SO NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

IT'S PSHYCHO HI HI HI

Tiptoze
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

*INHALES INFO THREAD SMELL*

OH MY « Harvest Goddess » IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG

Lin
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 12:18 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I played RF4 last year for the second time so I won't buy it again for Switch unless they add a bachelor I actually like (I liked none of the bachelors in RF4... Leon was ok but he I don't dig the long hair, same thing with Dylas -.-...), and something extra that makes it worth it (the newlyweds thing doesn't do it for me although I'm not sure I completely understand what it is).

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 12:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Long hair is almost a non-negotiable must have, for me. :) My favourite guys? Let me review...Sanjay. Yuzuki. Leon. Yep, all long haired. Even my second-favourites all seem to have long hair. :) Though in the case of Leon, I definitely don't think he looks feminine...though androgynous guys are often a huge draw for me anyway, so even when/if it does, I like it. But we always have this, don't we...loads of people with exact opposite tastes. Poor game devs always have quite the task, to please huge groups of people at once!

The thing I wonder about most for the RF4 reboot is this 'extra episode' the game has listed on the Japanese start-up menu.

Katgirl
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Honestly I doubt there will be new marriageable characters 1) because they already showed the menu for the Newlywed stories and that included everyone who was already there and 2) because I feel like new characters, marriageable or not, would have been at least teased. That would be a pretty big selling point.

BUT I do think it would be awesome if instead of new characters you could marry any candidate, regardless of gender. Then they wouldn't have to add much new stuff, just update old stuff but then they'd still have new content.

@ToD boss line
Yeah I remember it because I thought "oh that's probably post game stuff" and then it sort of just... never happened lol

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Soapylion wrote:
Haha oh nooo! I guess that just means that whatever they end up making, some fans will be happy!

I actually agree with your points though. I do want a fresh cast, I just love that RF often have those recurring characters that don't really appear too often. It just kind of adds to the magic idk. And I don't want the farming system to become overcomplicated like the current BokuMono games! I just want to be able to provide my Woolies with a little more affection lol.

Haha too true! <3 Honestly, at this point I don't even care if it lives up to the hype, I'm just so very happy that the series is still alive and kicking to see another day and new release.

ChocolateKisses
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 1:40 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I KNOW IM LATE BUT

I CRIED WHEN I SAW THE ANNOUNCEMENT omg, i really didnt expect it T_T I just wanted to run here and share my excitement too, since i knew there was gonna be a thread about it already xD

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 2:18 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Kikki wrote:
Long hair is almost a non-negotiable must have, for me. :) My favourite guys? Let me review...Sanjay. Yuzuki. Leon. Yep, all long haired. Even my second-favourites all seem to have long hair. :) Though in the case of Leon, I definitely don't think he looks feminine...though androgynous guys are often a huge draw for me anyway, so even when/if it does, I like it. But we always have this, don't we...loads of people with exact opposite tastes. Poor game devs always have quite the task, to please huge groups of people at once!

The thing I wonder about most for the RF4 reboot is this 'extra episode' the game has listed on the Japanese start-up menu.

For me it wasn't just about the looks... Like some of the characters I think looked okay, but for example... Doug, I don't like his personality. -.- So okay he's cute... that's it. Leon isn't ugly but I don't like the long hair, or the tail frankly, and his personality is sometimes good and sometimes a bit demeaning so still no. Dylas is just kinda overall ugly to me, even if he cut his hair I don't think I'd like him.

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh, I know there's always going to be people who don't like even what I (or however many others) absolutely love. Whether it's about looks or personality, it's all the same...the tastes we all have between the lot of us covers an endless gamut. No matter how crazy some are about them, there are always going to be those who don't, and even some who totally hate them. But for me, I really liked the RF4 bachelors in almost every way.
Spoiler:
I mean, I didn't care for Doug or Kiel, but everyone else was great...I liked them so much that even those whose looks weren't to my taste, like Arthur, made me like them. I actually ended up marrying Arthur first, even though he's not at all my type...his events and dialogue just made me really like him, so when his marriage event was the first one that came up, I just went with it. Leon's backstory is so great, even if I didn't love his design, I'd have had to make him my favourite. His teasing ways don't bother me at all...I've never found him demeaning. (That doesn't mean he's NOT...it just means that he isn't for me.) Though I've yet to go for Vishnal, which was my original intention, so...I suppose it's still possible Leon's position could be usurped. But I doubt it.

I don't know how the batch of candidates in RF5 is going to turn out. I might love them like I loved the RF4 bunch, or I might not. Maybe if I don't like them, you'll love 'em. Or maybe somehow they'll hit a mix we'll both like, even though we have different taste. But it's great that there IS going to be an RF5, and if it's successful it seems likely that the series will be a regular thing again, and we'll all go through this lottery again and again, to see which of our likes and dislikes get slotted into place in each game. The anticipation is always fun, imo...at this point, each of us has hope that we'll get exactly the game we want. :D

On that note, good luck to everyone on just that...getting exactly the game you've been hoping for. Even if what you're hoping for is exactly what I'd hate to see! Lol. Right now we all have the same chance of getting what we like best.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

There is usually one candidate that's at least close enough to someone's taste. I hope to see a wide variety of personalities and appearances so everyone can find something they like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next