Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 13, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can still see them moving around, though you have to have the map at the larger size (takes up almost 1/4 of the screen) to see who is inside the buildings.

Anon
Post Posted: Aug 01, 2019 6:57 am 
Anonymous Fish

Cool! So long as it's an upgrade from RF ToD's map, it's fine by me. :) Though I hope for RF5 they'll try to find a better way to incorporate the map, if possible.

If I remember well, you could talk to Arthur to trade play coins for gold right? Did they find a way to include this mechanic into RF4 Special or was it left out as a whole?

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 01, 2019 8:00 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Marvelous Europe has announced RF4S (for Europe, of course) for 'this winter':

The trailer (in English).

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Aug 01, 2019 11:27 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anon wrote:
Cool! So long as it's an upgrade from RF ToD's map, it's fine by me. :) Though I hope for RF5 they'll try to find a better way to incorporate the map, if possible.

If I remember well, you could talk to Arthur to trade play coins for gold right? Did they find a way to include this mechanic into RF4 Special or was it left out as a whole?

The coins-for-gold feature is still in, though I never did anything with it because he was only offering 20 gold per coin and I only had 11 of them. Basically worthless right now but I'll check again later.

Buuut I might have to take a short break from the game since real life is currently trying to drown me in the bathtub.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Aug 02, 2019 5:28 am 
Anonymous Fish

Kikki wrote:
Marvelous Europe has announced RF4S (for Europe, of course) for 'this winter':

The trailer (in English).

Is it just me, or did they change the voices? Frey's sounds the same but Forte and mayyybe Lest seem different. Am I just hearing things?

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Aug 03, 2019 9:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'll probably pick this up digitally before the discount + free Another Episode DLC ends. That and bc no guarantees from Xseed re: dual audio.

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/famitsu-sal ... 19-7-28-19

Anyways, RF4 SP sold 38k in the first week among the top 5 best sellers in Japan, with FE being first obviously. Not bad at all considering this is an enhanced port of a 7 yrs old 3DS game releasing in the same week as FE.

Now I hope the west doesn't sleep on this when it comes out here and XSeed actively promotes the game. They've always sucked at advertising. They lost Kiseki to NISA as a result.

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Aug 04, 2019 2:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

If XSeed doesn't do their job promoting the game, I guess it's up to the fans to spread the word. I haven't looked at them lately so I don't even know what kind of resources XSeed has for advertising.

I know I namedrop Rune Factory frequently around friends, and everyone who got around to playing it also really liked it, and I tell them to tell their friends but my influence ends there. I don't know if there are any prominent game reviewers or streamers etc. who like RF and can bring it to a wider audience. I think it's always going to be one of those "hidden gem"/cult following kind of games, but it would be nice to be able to mention the series and not always have to follow up explaining to people what it even is..

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Aug 04, 2019 5:45 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, it's still relatively niche in the west. When RF4 SP and RF5 were announced back in February, tons of people were going "IS THIS WEEB STARDEW VALLEY???" :?

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 05, 2019 11:57 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Nurse Fin wrote:
If XSeed doesn't do their job promoting the game, I guess it's up to the fans to spread the word. I haven't looked at them lately so I don't even know what kind of resources XSeed has for advertising.

I know I namedrop Rune Factory frequently around friends, and everyone who got around to playing it also really liked it, and I tell them to tell their friends but my influence ends there. I don't know if there are any prominent game reviewers or streamers etc. who like RF and can bring it to a wider audience. I think it's always going to be one of those "hidden gem"/cult following kind of games, but it would be nice to be able to mention the series and not always have to follow up explaining to people what it even is..

I am 0% prominent so I can't help there, but I can at least spare some people some explaining. I do have an article on Rune Factory available on one site. I've been kind of bothered by how little even dedicated gamers know about Rune Factory ever since Wood...BeatEmUps on YouTube...called RF4S 'some mobile game' when summarizing what he'd seen on the February Nintendo Direct. I've also had to do some explaining in comments sections on articles in other places, so it was bothering me a little that so few people...even many fans of Bokumono...know much about Rune Factory.

I can also edit it if people are thinking I forgot some important points. (I didn't choose that title since I'm not sure what I wrote is really all that thorough...my articles get edited on titles and sometimes the subtitles and tags as well, to make them more appealing to search engines, which I'm not very good at, yet. Actually, making articles get a better score on visibility via search engine makes you change a lot...it becomes much more stilted. I'm not used to it, yet.)

I'm still not sure if it's too much information, or not enough.

Daisuke Tsubasa
Post Posted: Aug 05, 2019 1:07 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
Nurse Fin wrote:

I am 0% prominent so I can't help there, but I can at least spare some people some explaining. I do have an article on Rune Factory available on one site. I've been kind of bothered by how little even dedicated gamers know about Rune Factory ever since Wood...BeatEmUps on YouTube...called RF4S 'some mobile game' when summarizing what he'd seen on the February Nintendo Direct. I've also had to do some explaining in comments sections on articles in other places, so it was bothering me a little that so few people...even many fans of Bokumono...know much about Rune Factory.

I can also edit it if people are thinking I forgot some important points. (I didn't choose that title since I'm not sure what I wrote is really all that thorough...my articles get edited on titles and sometimes the subtitles and tags as well, to make them more appealing to search engines, which I'm not very good at, yet. Actually, making articles get a better score on visibility via search engine makes you change a lot...it becomes much more stilted. I'm not used to it, yet.)

I'm still not sure if it's too much information, or not enough.

I've seen BeatEmUps once or twice but he's super harsh on anime looking games from my understanding. Like has this massive hate boner for Xenoblade 2, usually placing the game in the lowest of his tier lists. He's never finished the main campaign but he's played Torna.

Back on topic, yeah. RF is super niche still. However, we must keep in mind that so far there has been a 6-7 year release gap between RF4 ENG and RF4 SP in the west. By then we've witnessed a new generation of video game players who may have not even played Bokujou or the classic Harvest Moon games. So we get some calling the franchise "Weeb/anime animal crossing" or whatever.

I wish XSeed would pick up momentum in advertising the game. Even Marvelous Europe seems to be doing a good job so far. XSeed hasn't been the same since Hatsuu left. PR was one of their stronger suits but with her gone, XSeed's glaring advertising flaws are so evident.

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 05, 2019 2:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Wood's okay. I don't have similar taste to him at ALL, but I find him entertaining to watch. The whole XC2 thing has turned into a running joke on his channel. He's even said he knows it's a good game, it's just not a good game for him. I liked XC2 but I agreed with his reasoning for why he didn't want to play it any longer than he did...he wouldn't have gotten to like it later. (He's not really a story-based gamer anyway so the story alone would likely not have been enough of a perk to make up for the things he didn't like.)

It's true that Xseed's advertising is a bit lacklustre. Tom and Brittany were both really good at Xseed and Tom in particular had the biggest internet presence, at least on Xseed itself (I never saw Brittany around the forums, just Wyrdwad and Calros. Now Alena is around, though very rarely.) They don't do much with official sites...when they make them they say they exist once or twice and that's about it. At least RF4 has a very ardent fanbase, and the games being seen in the Nintendo Direct did at least get the name heard by a bigger audience, even if most of them were just ??? about that clip.

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Aug 06, 2019 10:36 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The way I try to explain it to people is saying it’s like a 2d Zelda game with less puzzles, faster action, and a heavy focus on developing the hub town and crafting, and lots of freedom in how you play. Lots of ways to adjust difficulty. These are all features that most people will like, especially since the freedom in play allows you to still make progress avoiding the aspects of the game you don’t like so much (aka I know some people don’t like farming, and if they hate anime even the portraits can be turned off). Some peeps get turned off by the lack of online/multiplayer though for some reason.

The hardest part is simply getting someone to be willing to try it. Once they do, they are hooked, just be careful you don’t lend your copy to someone that trades it in to gamestop without even playing it :shock:

nongo
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2019 9:57 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

The only character's voice they should change is Vishnall's considering the lawsuit against the VA.

PedroTheChicken
Post Posted: Aug 23, 2019 8:31 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Do we have a US release date yet?

Kikki
Post Posted: Aug 23, 2019 9:19 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

PedroTheChicken wrote:
Do we have a US release date yet?

Nope. Xseed hasn't brought it up at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next