Wishlists for RF5

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Souja
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Thank you Kikki!!

Double on the less candidates but more content thing, my word.

After thinking a lil, I kinda hope they have a really kick-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » storyline for rf5. Something fun, but that you can get really invested in?
even if it means maybe shifting from the dating sim aspect of it. Like keep the buildable relationship aspect, but if a solid story meant no marriage I think I'd be fine

And you could have optional mini-plots for postgame if you wanted, to expand the world a little and maybe give clues (without giving Everything away) about earthmate MCs background?

+I also want something like the prince/princess system. Like a few folks mentioned, building up the town really was one of the selling points for 4 for me
++ Even if they have an All New Storyline, I want them to expand on the things touched in the old games. Whatever happened during that one elf-human war from rf1? How's the sechs doing? Monster-human relations, are they still tense?
C-K
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Before anything I want to say it's ridiculous to say any race shouldn't be something in a game
just because of who/what they are. That in itself is racist and shouldn't be done. If there are
black characters that serve as waiters/maids/butlers you have to take into account their
character/personality in general, their circumstances and the like, looking at the situation at
face, or in this case skin value, is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, the argument that should be made is for dark-skinned characters to play more roles
than the aforementioned roles. If dark-skinned characters are going to be in roles like that,
they should have many different careers/lifestyles as well beyond that field of work. Any
race can be maids/waiters/butlers, it's racist in itself to say any should be excluded from
any particular field, and it's laughable to do so using arguments based on...

"But muh real world problems!" - basically, since this isn't the real world we're discussing but
a fantasy video game filled with mythical creatures and likewise mythical people in a time and
situations that don't exist nor' are relevant to reality, and quite frankly, DON'T need to be.

Yes it'd be great to see more races, and to see said races doing more than one particular thing,
but to start having discussion as to why someone shouldn't be something because of their skin is
ridiculous because that's breeding issues that aren't and will never be issues to the majority.

That out of the way... My wishes...

1 - More races in the game, with monster-based characters maintaining more monster-esque
features when human.

2 - More home and character customization, able to dress/look how you want and arrange your
house however you want with whatever furniture you want

3 - Older looking candidates for marriage in regards to males and females, especially females

4 - More things to do with your chosen candidate while both, dating and after marriage
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

C-K wrote:Before anything I want to say it's ridiculous to say any race shouldn't be something in a game
just because of who/what they are. That in itself is racist and shouldn't be done. If there are
black characters that serve as waiters/maids/butlers you have to take into account their
character/personality in general, their circumstances and the like, looking at the situation at
face, or in this case skin value, is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, the argument that should be made is for dark-skinned characters to play more roles
than the aforementioned roles. If dark-skinned characters are going to be in roles like that,
they should have many different careers/lifestyles as well beyond that field of work. Any
race can be maids/waiters/butlers, it's racist in itself to say any should be excluded from
any particular field, and it's laughable to do so using arguments based on...

"But muh real world problems!" - basically, since this isn't the real world we're discussing but
a fantasy video game filled with mythical creatures and likewise mythical people in a time and
situations that don't exist nor' are relevant to reality, and quite frankly, DON'T need to be.

Yes it'd be great to see more races, and to see said races doing more than one particular thing,
but to start having discussion as to why someone shouldn't be something because of their skin is
ridiculous because that's breeding issues that aren't and will never be issues to the majority.
When you have like a 1 character out of a cast of 30 per game being the only dark skinned character in that game for a series, and they're repeatedly a servant to a fairer-skinned family/cast; it gives off some poor implications regardless of the intentions of the creator. And no, media does not exist in a vaccuum and does interchange with IRL problems and concerns.

If dark skinned characters were far more prominent in the RF games and had much more variety of careers/goals/traits/etc, there wouldn't be a problem. Nobody cares that the dark skinned elves are maids, it's just that what few darker skinned characters we have, 2/5 have been maids.

Literally 5 characters I know on the top of my head are of darker skin tone or at least straight up brown. 5 out of like 50-100+ characters in the total series so far. OFC they're going to be heavily scrutinized in how they're presented, there are only a hanful! If there were like...20 of them, 2-4 being servants wouldn't mean a thing if the other 16+ or so had a variety of other positions/jobs. And the dark skinned elfs we've had are literally 2/3 maids.

Saying they shouldn't be "excluded" from a certain job is not racist because it's coming from the desire to stop a potential recurring (and problematic) reception that the only dark-skinned (primarily elf) characters we will get to interact with are those in servant roles. If Maerwen and Tabatha weren't both maids (one of them even choosing to forgo a more powerful position to be a maid instead) nobody would care if the next dark elf person was a servant. Just when you only have a handful of a certain type, people are gonna be more critical and want more variety.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Souja wrote:Thank you Kikki!!

Double on the less candidates but more content thing, my word.

After thinking a lil, I kinda hope they have a really kick-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » storyline for rf5. Something fun, but that you can get really invested in?
Yeah, this...well, it's a very greedy and unreasonable wishlist item, because only a tiny handful of games I've ever played have actually achieved, this, but...I would love for RF5 to be another of that rare breed of games where practically all of the characters are so rich in personality and backstory that each of them seems worthy to be the focus of their own game.

I'm not actually expecting that, it's super rare for that to happen in any game in any genre, imo, but...it'd be awesome. :) And in games like that, it always feels like the story is really engrossing, maybe because I'm just so invested in the characters.

I like that we got 6/6 candidates in RF4, but I'd settle for 5/5 instead if it was traded off to put more emphasis on developing each character to the fullest, or to concentrate on a deeper story, or etc. But less than 5/5 and I feel like the selection becomes too narrow to please enough of the market. And I think the dating/marriage aspect is probably a non-negotiable component for a lot of people. I'm not sure if I'm one of them, or not. I mean, all my top favourite games are ones where you don't get to do that, traditional JRPGs and so on, but at the same time, I'm already entirely used to being able to in RF/Bokumono, so I don't know if I could do without it, now.
C-K
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That's basically what I just said Rose, so not sure why you felt the need to make
such a lengthy reply that essentially re-worded my own statement.

It's as I plainly said, nothing wrong with dark-skinned and/or black characters
being maids/butlers/waiters, the issue is more with that orientation having
more roles in the games beyond that.

Which is what you and I are, again, "essentially" both saying.

For instance...

"Dark-skinned/black character here is a maid/butler/waiter"

"Dark-skinned/black character here is a blacksmith/chef/sorcerer"

"Dark-skinned/black character here is a swordsman/knight/king"

There's nothing inherently wrong with having cast fill a role, so long
as other roles are taken by that same cast, basically.
nyahoarder
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

* Preaching to the choir, but please S/S romances. I hope the devs see how popular that was in SDV and just go for it full force (instead of like how Fire Emblem dipped its toes in first with Fates), but of course that's pretty unlikely. :roll:

* A bigger implementation of the player run shop! It was neat in RF4, but I don't use it much because it's just a lot of waiting around. I'd love to see that more fully realized.

* A less isolated world. Lore-wise in RF4 there were obviously other towns (especially since we have the visitors from 2/3 to remind us it's in the same world as the past games and all) but somehow Selphia still felt like just one small town surrounded by wilderness (and Sechs, which was more of a military base than anything). It's a hard problem to solve (a two towns gimmick??) but that stood out to me.

* Rival marriages. I don't necessarily want the pressure of "marry em before it's too late!" especially since some of the dating options only come along later, but it's fun to watch the rest of the villagers go through their lives with you instead of just staying stagnant.

* For similar reasons, a second generation in the style of RF2! Maybe I just need to go and actually play RF2 (or pray for a remake) but FE3H has me craving more of that character development over a number of years. Seeing the villagers grow into themselves and do stuff like take over the family business and so forth could be pretty cool! This could also work well as just the RF4 timeskip (where you still play as the first protag) but this time your child isn't literally the only part of the world that changes.

* Full voice acting! This is a big thing to ask for, especially since there's quite a bit of dialogue, but imo it adds so much to the experience of playing a game.

* Enough save slots to date everyone lol. It's a small thing, but it's kinda disappointing how often games massively undershoot on save slots.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A marriage candidate I like who doesn’t take long to marry. Looking at you Doug.